New Files

Game Modifications » Iranian Civ Updated

Download File

Iranian Civ Updated

Author File Description
Koroviev1991
File Details
Needs T&P?: Yes
This mod renames the Persians to the Iranians. It also gives them several new units and changes some old ones. the war elephants are now unique to the Indian civ only. In addition there are several new leaders and cities. All cities that were outside of Iran and ones I couldnt find any information on were replaced with others. There are new skins for the new units and some old ones are modified a bit to make them more historicly accurte. Screenshots are included in the file. Please rate.

Update: Now get Sherman instead of Churchill and BMP instead of regular Armored Cavalry.
Update: Added Khorramshahr(city) Shahr-e-Rey(city) Bandar-e Anzali(city) Mohammad Mossadegh(leader) Abbas Mirza(leader) and Ali Khamenei(leader). Got rid of Sarbaz and Nizam-Atli, and added Zamburak and Royal Zamburak.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
VelvetClaw
Rating
Rating: 3
(Insert Rating analysis here)

Nothing special, just some recolouring of units here. However, I have a several request:

I actually feel that although your units do not look very interesting, you do have some talent. Can you help us out with the following projects?

RISE OF KINGS
Currently we are struggling to create units. Can you look at the list of units we have inserted into the concept art section and decide what you'd like to help out with?

RISE OF THE MODERNS
This project is currently in the works. I would like to re-use your skins for several of my Asian and Muslim units. Would that be alright with you?
VelvetClaw I'd give this mod a 3 out of 5 for effort, but only effort alone.
After viewing many large mods like Rise of Napoleon on this site, I fear I didn't find anything special about this one, other than the abilities of its creator.

Nevertheless, I think you have lots of potential in reskinning. Would you like to work with me? I currently am the art director for 2 different ongoing mod projects, and I could use some help (I'm all thumbs at tga reskinning since I don't have much of a steady hand).

You are free to use the Rise of Kings mainstream buildings. As a native Slav, I figure that you may like my buildings enough :)

[Edited on 01/08/11 @ 01:43 AM]

Koroviev1991
File Author
Hi!

You have my full permission to use any of my skins youd like. Ill happily take a look at the concept art section and see if theres anything I can help out with.
Koroviev1991
File Author
If theres any skins in particular that you would like me to make dont hesitate to ask
VelvetClaw Koroviev, the difficulty is that some of the skins that we need to be created cannot be produced, because we don't have the artwork ready, or that we don't have an appropriate model - the models still need to be remixed and matched.

There is one thing that you can do. Can you create for us 2 heavy cavalry, 2 cavalry archers and 2 light cavalry skins? I need the following units:

Palace gamekeeper (cavalry archers)
Mounted bowman
(these are "UUs" shared by Russia and China)

Tarkan (light cavalry)
Khaghan honour guard
(these are Mongol civ UUs)

Druzhina
(heavy cavalry, based on a light cavalryman with shield skin)
Boyarnik
(you can base the boyarnik on your druzhina skin, but do something so that it looks different. I have created an illustration of a boyar somewhere in the forums.)

The tarkan and khaghan honour guard are based on the Gunpowder and Enlightenment Mongol cav archer skins. Illustrations for the mounted bowman and the Palace Gamekeeper are now ready.

Also, are you good at creating new ship and tank models?

[Edited on 01/08/11 @ 01:56 AM]

Koroviev1991
File Author
Ill see what I can do with the Mongol units first and the Gamekeeper. Iv never tried with a ship and I have limited experiance with tanks.
Koroviev1991
File Author
I dont think Ill be able to do the skins afterall due to unrelated matters. Im sorry about having to call out on this one.

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:596
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:3.19 MB
Added:01/05/11