Game Modifications
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Browse Categories
New Files

Game Modifications » Rise of Napoleon ODA 1.03 (Tap)

Download File

Rise of Napoleon ODA 1.03 (Tap)

Author File Description
One_Dead_Angel
(id: One_Dead_Villy)
File Details
Needs T&P?: Yes
Rise of Napoleon ODA 1.03 (Tap) Mod
==================================

By: "One_Dead_Angel" aka "One_Dead_Villy" aka Ray Tang
Date: June 29, 2005

Acknowledgements:
--------------------------
I would like to thank Big Huge Games for a great game and the resources basis from which this mod is made.
Also I would like to thank Ensemble Studios for the building screenshots from which I made some of the building textures I made for this Mod.
I would also like to thank Edilberto for helping with some historical research on the Italian and Spanish Nations in this Mod, AoR_Blixt for some historical research for the Danish Nation in this Mod.

Installation:
---------------------
You should put the files for this mod under a directory such as shown below:
C:->Program Files->Microsoft Games->Rise of Nations->mods->Rise of Napoleon ODA 1.0 (TaP)

If you installed Rise of Nations in another directory, naturally you should have a directory under the game directory called "mods". You need to create this folder youself if you hadnt done it already. Under that you should have a folder called "Rise of Napoleon ODA 1.0 (TaP)", with the mod files and directories for this mod all under that.

This is inspite of the current patched version 1.03. You should still installed in with 1.0 in its folder name, and replace the old version if you still have the version without the 3 patches.

So basically copy the zip file you get here, into a folder called "mods" under your main Rise of Nations folder, then extract/unzip the files into a folder called "Rise of Napoleon ODA 1.0 (TaP)"

Instructions (IMPORTANT):
--------------------------------------------
To enable this Mod, just pick the mod named "Rise of Napoleon ODA 1.0 (Tap)" from the Mods drop down menu choice in your game settings screen.

This mod is Multiplayer compatible, so you should be able to play it on MP assuming everyone has this mod installed. However, it is not recommended that you allow autotransfer during online startup since this mod is almost 8 Megs compressed.

This mod is playable with all game modes, and nations. However it can ONLY be played in the Enlightenment Age, so you can to set the beginning and ending age to that. Age advancement research is disabled, so if you do not set the age properly, you will be stuck. The way this mod has been made, you will not have access to units outside of those in this mod for the most part. In order to pick the new nations in this mod, you choose what that nation is based on however. Once you have ran the mod, and havent exited the game, mousing over the original nation choices will show up the modded nation names and powers in the pop up help.

Also just in case the title of the Mod wasn't clear. This mod is only for the Rise of Nation Thrones & Patriots Expack.

Changes in this Mod:
---------------------------
This mod has a total of 123 objects (103 units, 8 buildings, 10 resources) are reskined Plus 2 new model.

Nations
=======
* New Concept of Government Unique Units, so that certain Nation's Unique Units are only available if you research a certain government type.
* Nation powers are based on the original, but in some cases they have been changed to fit this mod better, so do not assume they are exactly the same as the original.

French (with the Power of the Revolution) based on the Turks
UU: Old Guard Grenadiers, Young Guard Grenadiers, Horse Grenadier, Voltigeurs, Gribeauval Cannon, Polish Auxiliary Lancer, Corsican Tirailleur

Prussia (with the Power of Militarism) based on Aztecs
UU: Musketiers, Schutzen, Jaegers, Landwehr, Junker Grenadiers, Death's Head Hussar

British (with the Power of Empire)
UU: Red Coats, Rocket Artillerymen, Ship-of-the-line, Chosenmen, Highlander, King's German Legion, Royal Scot Grey

Austria (with the Power of Multinationalism) based on Persians
UU: Chevauleger, Uhlan Lancer, Magyar Hussar, Diplomat, Tyrolean Jager, Musketiers, Grenzer

Ottomans (with the Power of Islam) based on Koreans
UU: Bedouin Raider, Mameluke, Jannisary Corps, Topiji Cannon, Sipahi Lancer, Camel Corps

Mamelukes (with the Power of the Nile) based on Egyptians
UU: Bedouin Raider, Camel Corps, Mameluke Cavalry, Mameluke Guards, Mameluke Sultans

Papal States (with the Power of Christianity) based on Greek
UU: Vatican guards, Papal Merceneries, Papal Mercenary Lancer, Priest, Missionary

Russia (with the Power of the Motherland) based on Russia
UU: Serf, Pavlovski Grenadiers, Cossack Lancer, Lifeguard Mounted Jager, Opolochenie

Dutch (with the Power of Commerce) based on original Dutch
UU: Armed Merchant, Armed Caravan, Armed Supply Wagon, Fluyt, Royal Red Lancer, Grenadier Guards

Portuguese (with the Power of Trade) based on Nubia
UU: Cacadores, Atiradores, Man of War, Armed Merchant

Sweden (with the Power of the Baltic) based on Japan
UU: Indelningsverks, Lantvarns, Mornerska Hussar, Finska Auxilliary, Gunsloop

Denmark (with the Power of the Vikings) based on Bantu
UU: Norske Auxilliary, Armed Merchant, Skarpskyttekorps, Kanonchalup

Italians (with the Power of Architecture) based on Mayan
UU: Voltigeurs, Grenadier Guards, Cacciatore Cannon, Chevauxleger, Diplomat

Westphalians (with the Power of Centrality) based on French
UU: Voltigeurs, Grenadier Guards, Gribeauval Cannon, Jager Guards, Landwehrs

Rhine Confederation (with the Power of Industry) based on Germans
UU: Voltigeurs, Grenadier Guards, Chevauleger, Musketiers, Schutzen

Poland (with the Power of Persistance) based on Mongols
UU: Voltigeurs, Grenadier Guards, Chevauleger, Vistula Devil Lancer, Lithuanian Tartar

Spain (with the Power of Castles) based on Romans
UU: Insurgent Guerilla, Milicia Honrada, Royal Carabinero, Zaragoza Grenadiers

Just for a lark (and to make sure all civs are still playable at least)
These will allow you to play the such periods as "War of 1812", "The Opium War", "The British Conquest of India", "The French-Indian Wars" and the "Barbary Wars".

Morroco (with the Power of the Sahara) based on Inca
UU: Berber Raider, Camel Corp, Barbary Pirates, Goum Tribesmen

China (with the Power of Culture) based on China
UU: Manchu Musketeer, Shaolin Monks, War Junk, Manchu Palace Guards

India (with the Power of Majesty) based on India
UU: Culverin Mahout, Gun Mahout, Sepoys, Jourk Rocketmen

Lakota (with the power of the Plains) based on Lakota
UU: Repeating rifle horse, Buffalo Braves, Archer Braves, Buffalo Riders, Horse Archer Brave, Eagle Feather Brave

Iroquois (with the Power of the Forest) based on Iroquois
UU: Okwari, Coyote Riders, Mohawk Warriors, Archer Braves, Horse Archer Brave, Eagle Feather Brave

America (with the Power of Innovation) based on America
UU: Continental Marines, Rangers, Mounted Riflemen, State Militia

Canada (with the Power of the Wilderness) based on Spain
UU: Red Coats, Courier du Bois, Native Auxilliary, Provincial Fensibles, Blackstump Brigade

WONDERS
=======
* Reskinning and renamed many Wonders, plus a new concept of Wonder Unique Units!

RULES and EXTRAS:
=================
* Pop cap raised to 500
* Larger map on Big Huge setting.
* Can build extra farm at Large cities.
* Fortresses made much tougher (my tribute to Big Huge Games' Doug Kaufman).
* Certain Scenario Buildings and Units enabled and put in where appropriate.
* Enabled most of the CTW scenario rares.

PLUS other surprises!

You can check out the units screenshots in the Mod Gallery, starting from this link, there are over 24 screenshots!

This version includes all 3 patches, which fixes a number of bugs listed below that was in the original release. So you don't need to get the patches if you download this version:
Patch1)This is to fix a Building Graphics Bug for the colonial building art set used by Americans and Canadians in the Mod.
Patch2)This fixes a bug that causes the Big Huge Map size setting to crash the game. So I had to remove the bigger map mod, in order to make all maps work.
Patch3)This is a patch to correct a unit bug for the British from my Rise of Napoleon ODA 1.0 Mod, that gives the British the wrong free unit from building Barracks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Spitfire_Pilot good job ODA u never dissapoint :)
Cassius Allanus Awesome :-) Next time I re-format I won't have to get all the patches :-) This is always the first mod I download after re-formatting :P
junot small problem i have this window that pops up and says cant find unit g very bad type message. also whenever i chose arc of triumph or royal military academy my game crashed, i have heard of the message problem before but i don't know how to fix it can u tell me please?
Irish_Crusader hey ODA, i downloaded RoN to the right directory, and i have Rise of Napoleon installed to a folder in my mods folder under Thrones and Patriots, but i still can't select Rise of Napoleon in my game. suggestions?
One_Dead_Angel
File Author
do not put it under the T&P folder... put the mods folder in the *normal* RON folder...exactly as I have instructed. don't do anything else.

[Edited on 07/03/05 @ 07:03 PM]

junot what if i have the gold version? where do i put it in my mods folder??
Irish_Crusader thanks ODA, the mod looks great..um i bet its on the above acknowledgemtns or w/e but i can't seem to find it, is this the vers with all 3 patches? cause im having problems with the unit skins with prussia...like, the skins texture/colors changes with w/e the unit is standing in front of, i.e. if a Musketier unit is standing in front of sheep, they turn white and gray, and if in front of a forest a dark green.....

[Edited on 07/03/05 @ 11:57 PM]

One_Dead_Angel
File Author
hmmm sounds like u still havent got the mod installed properly... did u name the folder properly as exactly as i mentioned in the descriptions/instructions above? ie) under mods folder the mod files and folders must go inside a folder called "Rise of Napoleon ODA 1.0 (Tap)". The wierd colors often happen when the skins arent where they are supposed to be. also sometimes it seems to bugger up like that if something i dont know what hasnt been flushed from the system. So a system reboot might help that if u indeed put it under the proper folder.

as far as people with the gold version...i am not sure what if there is any difference... does your T&P folder exists under the regular ron directory, and the have separate files for T&P under that? or is all your files all mixed together?

[Edited on 07/04/05 @ 12:34 AM]

junot there is only one set of files and it doesnt say if they are t&p or regular ron also whenever i want to build a wonder the game crashes no matter what civ, and all the units are brown, as the british the rocket artillerymen show up as regular citizens do i just have some folders in the wrong places or what?

[Edited on 07/04/05 @ 03:52 PM]

Irish_Crusader ODA, i got the mod working perfectly now, i had 1.0 ad (Tap) reversed on the file name, and to my great surprise was the only think keeping the mod from working right. I love the mod. Enlightenment age is my fav age, so pretty much all i play now is yur mod. Good work. PS to anyone with RoN Gold edition, i have the Gold edition as well but as long as u follow ODA's instructions correctly everything goes smoothly.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Last »

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:13,004
Favorites: [Who?]1
Size:7.25 MB