Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: CONFUSED...CAnt' play Spain or macedon
posted 23 February 2005 18:26 EDT (US)   
I spent some time raping the Spanish retarded in campaign, only to find out, I cant play them?? I also found out you can't play as Macedon either...WHY!?!?!
Replies:
posted 23 February 2005 18:41 EDT (US)     1 / 15  
Because they aren't part of the unlockable factions. To make them playable, download the mod from the download section.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away.
Winner of 2005 OD : Best Ownage, Funniest Newbie, and Dinoman Award
"Mastering Others is Strength, Mastering yourself makes you fearless -Lao Tzu"
posted 23 February 2005 19:11 EDT (US)     2 / 15  
Thanks
posted 23 February 2005 20:29 EDT (US)     3 / 15  
Have they given an explanation why that's the case?
I was thinking of playing Thrace after the Romans but alas, they weren't there - till I got the mod.

I suppose in multiplayer you can see how some factions' armies are just bits together of other factions but the whole starting region thing would've been different.

posted 24 February 2005 07:49 EDT (US)     4 / 15  
sooo.... were can i download the mod ??
posted 24 February 2005 08:02 EDT (US)     5 / 15  
In the downlods section, there is a link on the home page.
posted 24 February 2005 08:04 EDT (US)     6 / 15  

Quote:

"I spent some time raping the Spanish"

What is it with this trend to refer to "raping" people in videogames? Rape is too serous an issue for the term to be bandied about in jocular slang and I really don't like it. Am I the only one?
posted 24 February 2005 08:43 EDT (US)     7 / 15  
no your not
posted 24 February 2005 09:11 EDT (US)     8 / 15  
You play a game where you kill, sack, massacre, exterminate and enslave and you feel the word raping, too strong. Bah ...

Zone: IB_Agilulfus
ESO: Agi

Italian Boss Clan www.italianboss.com

posted 24 February 2005 10:24 EDT (US)     9 / 15  
posted 24 February 2005 11:43 EDT (US)     10 / 15  
Agi, actually you rape in the game too. You just don't hear it.

Ming?
posted 24 February 2005 13:00 EDT (US)     11 / 15  
ewww
posted 24 February 2005 16:57 EDT (US)     12 / 15  
You actually dont have to download the mod. If you go into the RTW files and into the Imperial Campaign, there will be a list of playable civs and non playable civs. All you have to do is cut and paste all the non playable civs into the playable civs and then save the changes.
posted 24 February 2005 17:50 EDT (US)     13 / 15  

Quoted from the king who stays indoors:

Rape is too serous an issue for the term to be bandied about in jocular slang and I really don't like it. Am I the only one?

according to my good friends Merriam and Webster, Rape means:

Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): raped; rap·ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin rapere
1 a archaic : to seize and take away by force b : DESPOIL
2 : to commit rape on
- rap·er noun
- rap·ist /'rA-pist/ noun

Function: noun
1 : an act or instance of robbing or despoiling or carrying away a person by force
2 : unlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against the will usually of a female or with a person who is beneath a certain age or incapable of valid consent -- compare SEXUAL ASSAULT, STATUTORY RAPE
3 : an outrageous violation

While it certainly means to commit an illegal sexual act on a person, the first and original meaning was above, to sieze and take away by force, or the act of robbing or despoiling. Of course with today's society and our exposure to television, the media, and increasingly uptight "politically correct" people, some words are being raped of their original meanings, and being replaced by acceptable ones, but we forget what their original meaning was. Then when the original meaning is used, people go anal, cause they don't want to look like they're not politically correct, cause that's what everyone wants these days. There's no need to even mention his using the word rape unless you're embarrassed that he does, or don't know the proper definition. So before anyone goes about taking offence to anything, make sure you know the meaning and context of whatever you're spitting up over.

In my opinion, Cheesedoodle used rape in the proper context, not in "jocular slang".

"Count no man happy until he is dead"
-Solon

[This message has been edited by Mister Pickles (edited 02-24-2005 @ 05:51 PM).]

posted 24 February 2005 22:26 EDT (US)     14 / 15  
Rape is way too serious of a word to uyse when talking about videogames. ANd although your definitions say otherwise, we all knoww aht the people who say it are refferiing too.

Anyways. Why certain factions arent playable came up in another thread of mine, and the concensus was the non-playable civs werent as marketable. Like CA didnt wanna just hear people whining "why does Scythia have only 2 melee infantry with the same stats (aside from special atributes). Or why does Thrace only have peasants, miltia hoplites, Falxmen, and Bastarnae (which take a long long time to get. And it is still possible to dominate with them ive done it), and such SH*t cavalry. And so on...

[This message has been edited by Gadz13 (edited 02-24-2005 @ 10:27 PM).]

posted 25 February 2005 01:27 EDT (US)     15 / 15  

Quoted from the guy above me:

ANd although your definitions say otherwise, we all knoww aht the people who say it are refferiing too.

Please don't group everyone into your narrow mindset, not everyone judges by your set of rules.

"Count no man happy until he is dead"
-Solon
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » CONFUSED...CAnt' play Spain or macedon
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames