You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: How do you take a screenshot?
posted 21 October 2004 11:35 EDT (US)   
Please help! While I've been playing Rome: Total War I've been hitting the printscreen button to take screenshots. Something seems to happen because the game pauses for a couple seconds, but when I go to the game folder I can't find any screenshots. Is this the right button? If so, where are my screenshots appearing? If it isn't the right button, what is? Any help would be appreciated.

"If we don't end war, war will end us" - H.G. Wells
"No, I don't hate Balboa. I pity the fool."- Mr.T as Clubber Lang, Rocky 3
"I came to bear tidings not burdens"- Gwaihir
"The road goes ever on and on..."- Bilbo
"No pressure, no diamonds"
Replies:
posted 21 October 2004 11:42 EDT (US)     1 / 7  
You are pressing the right button. (Make sure you hold it down for a little longer and the game pauses) Check the folder "tga" inside your RTW game folder. If they aren't in there, you may have quite a problem.

|| Zarah ||
Twitch || Discord || Twitter
posted 21 October 2004 11:53 EDT (US)     2 / 7  
If you press print screen it puts a screen shot into the paint programs clip board. You see taking a screen shot with the print screen button is part of windows not RTW. If a game can take screen shots and put them into a folder in the games folder on the C drive then it will have a button apart from print screen like F12. To take a screen shot with print screen you
1.Press print screen
2.Pause then, get out of RTW via alt+tab
3.Start paint in the start menu all programs/accessories folder
4.When paint is open press ctrl+v to past from paints clip board
5.If you got the screen shot right all you should have to do is go save as give the screen shot a name and save it as a jpeg or a bitmap in the file type pull down menu, use jpeg it's way smaller than bitmap

Your monarchist friend Lars

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

[This message has been edited by lars573 (edited 10-21-2004 @ 11:55 AM).]

posted 21 October 2004 13:40 EDT (US)     3 / 7  
The default RTW screenshot button is the PrintScreen button. It does put a .tga format pic in the "Rome - Total War\tga" folder. It works for me, but a few people have reported a problem with pics not saving in this folder. If you have this problem, find FRAPS, a free download that will let you screenshot any game or app & even take movie clips.

Don't listen to lars. While it's true that Windows copies to clipboard when you hit printscreen, and you can paste it into paint, you don't want to do this every time you take a screenshot. And what if you're playing MP? You can't pause or leave the game.

Uh, huh?
posted 21 October 2004 13:50 EDT (US)     4 / 7  
It doesn't work for me.
Though i havn't tired holding it in, i might try that.
Other wise use fraps, it even lets you make 30 second movie clips.

Bah!
posted 21 October 2004 13:59 EDT (US)     5 / 7  
If you have the full version you can do as long as you want!
posted 21 October 2004 16:19 EDT (US)     6 / 7  
Thanks for the help. I checked the folder and it has .tga files registering under Windows Media Player icons. When I click on them Windows Media Player opened up, but doesn't show anything. I also tried opening the files with Windows Fax Viewer but that didn't work either. Any suggestions?

"If we don't end war, war will end us" - H.G. Wells
"No, I don't hate Balboa. I pity the fool."- Mr.T as Clubber Lang, Rocky 3
"I came to bear tidings not burdens"- Gwaihir
"The road goes ever on and on..."- Bilbo
"No pressure, no diamonds"

[This message has been edited by Haefalas65 (edited 10-21-2004 @ 04:23 PM).]

posted 21 October 2004 17:49 EDT (US)     7 / 7  
Use a freebie program like irfanview or xnview, i prefer the latter, just search for them on the net, they will show the .TGA files and hundreds of others
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » How do you take a screenshot?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames