Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: "The Adopter"
posted 10 July 2005 04:29 EDT (US)   
So I was playing RTW in a Gaul cpn. Doing very well. Owned everything west of Greece except Britannia and Africa, since every time I meant to go back and deal with it new threats came up. (I actually had a rather delusional Germania on one province offering a ceasefire in return for all their former provinces and half my treasury)

Anyway, I got the usual message "candidate for adoption" with the benefactor "Togdomnus of Alesia." who was in Syracuse- at this stage all of Sicily was mine. So; ok,fine, didn't know why he wanted him but more family members was good.

Next turn; candidate for adoption. Benefactor: Togdomnus of Alesia. Well, cool. This guy had a lot of friends; right. I swear to you that every turn for about 8 turns Togdomnus adopted someone else. It was great!

Then I invaded Africa, beat Carthage and lost 9 men in the battle. One of them was Togdumnus. Since I never reload saved games unless something catastrophic has happened, this really annoyed me. Still; it was fun while it lasted.

Anyone else have some guy spontaneously go on an adopting frenzy?

"I vote we rename this thread to Merai: Kicking Ass and Taking Names"- Scn Jedi
"Merai is awesome cause he makes me one badass mother****er, or as Dane Cook says, a BAMF"- The Crazy Person
"I actually prefer Merai's opinion over everyone else's. You can quote me on that."- Sarthos
Replies:
posted 10 July 2005 04:56 EDT (US)     1 / 4  
Never happened to me at least. Maybe Togdy drank a little too much greek wine i Syracuse?

Just idag är jag stark!
posted 10 July 2005 06:21 EDT (US)     2 / 4  
Yeah, I like to keep my new family members in my capital for as long as possible as they really rack up the retinues.
At the moment as Julii, I have a 22-year-old with about 10 retinues! Everything from Spice and Grain Merchants to a Treasurer and mine engineer which all give big income bonuses.
I'm just waiting to get him to Greece where there should be big money to be made.

"We must fight so well, that each man believes himself to be the chief cause of our victory."
posted 10 July 2005 22:05 EDT (US)     3 / 4  
I once had a PHENOMENON family member, holy crap! I adopted him because he was 16 years old with 2 influence, 2 management, and get a load of this, 6 command stars!
You can guess what happened, I used him in battle and by the time he was 26, he was a 10 star general with 4 management and 8 influence! He absolutely crushed everyone, and since he had the "terribly scarred" trait or something, his bodyguards had 10 hit points so I was fearless in letting him lead the charge, as a real general should.
posted 11 July 2005 00:36 EDT (US)     4 / 4  
You lucky so-and-so
I posted a thread recently about a guy I adopted who had the "Plunderer" trait which gave a 20 per cent bonus on cash gained from looting.
I was dreaming of untold riches as I planned for him to lead the assault on the rich and heavily populated Greek cities but he was killed in his first battle. Dammit!

"We must fight so well, that each man believes himself to be the chief cause of our victory."
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » "The Adopter"
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames