Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Thrace Campaign
posted 18 August 2005 16:39 EDT (US)   
I'm Trying to beat the campaign with all the factions on VH/H and Thrace is the only one I'm having trouble so far. I can manage to take Byzantuim but macadonia and Dacia usually split up my empire with the ocasional attack by Scthyia. any help please
Replies:
posted 18 August 2005 20:46 EDT (US)     1 / 6  
Try to negotiate an alliance or ceasefire with Scythia so your back is safe (for the moment) and then move forward.
I think Dacia are probably the easiest opponents you would have at this stage but it may be safer to stick to the Greek coast and move south to Athens/Sparta etc so your left flank is protected by the sea.
Alternatively, Scythia may be an easier opponent and you could take them to remove that threat before moving south.

"We must fight so well, that each man believes himself to be the chief cause of our victory."
posted 18 August 2005 21:50 EDT (US)     2 / 6  
I'd take care of Dacia and then go for the Greeks. And leave some protection against an eventual Sarmatian (Scythia in vanilla RTW) attack.

Just idag är jag stark!
posted 18 August 2005 22:10 EDT (US)     3 / 6  
And spam cavalry...it's not the greatest, but you'll need lots of it.

Ichbinian
Oldie from RTWH!
posted 19 August 2005 05:56 EDT (US)     4 / 6  
Expanding into Greece is most profitable. The Schytian lands don't have much value. Not sure about Dacia, but proboably not that great either.

So I'd make my primary goal to conquer Greece. Try making Dacians and Schytians into enemies. Then they should hopefully be beaing on each other and leave you alone.

Lord Dragatus, 30th member of BTOOIC, The One Who Killed the Cow.
posted 19 August 2005 06:07 EDT (US)     5 / 6  
I wouldn't attack Dacia, but rather avoid the two who attack you and perhaps try to turn someone else against them? The Greek Cities maybe? You're best action ould be to knock out Scythia. As the Julii they were a pushover and this was very late on in the game. To combat macedon, fight fire with fire and try to grab some greek phalanx mercs. They're not great but can lock the enemy in combat while your spam cavalry, as Ichbinian suggested, rush their flanks.
posted 19 August 2005 12:41 EDT (US)     6 / 6  
Hit Dacia, they only have two cities. After that, take Macedon and then the Greeks. If necessary, sacrifice Campus Getae and maybe even Tylis to take the Greek Peninsula - it is a far more profitable and more easily defendable area. The enemies usually come from one direction and your cities are close together.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Thrace Campaign
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames