Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 2 Questions: Watchtower and Siege Tower
posted 19 September 2006 23:53 EDT (US)   
1) Okay, I did a battle with a watchtower on the map. It didn't do anything, but it said its damage was 0%. Does that mean you can destroy them (I tried with onagers, but they didn't fire at the tower)?

2) I've noticed that when I use watchtowers, it never fires those bolts like it does for my enemy. Why is that? Whenever an enemy pushes up a tower, it shoots like crazy...killing many of my men. When I do it, nothing happens.

TAD ROX
Replies:
posted 20 September 2006 01:50 EDT (US)     1 / 6  
1) All buildings have it on the map, ALthough I've never brought an onager along...
However, I think you can't target them specificly.

2) Turn fire at will on.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
posted 20 September 2006 06:04 EDT (US)     2 / 6  
I think it's a thing with the interface. I'm pretty sure you can't destroy them. Just take the city and it will be fine.

EoJ is right about the siege towers. Fire at Will must be turned on.
Poor Will.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
posted 20 September 2006 18:57 EDT (US)     3 / 6  
Seige towers shoot? Like the towers you build on-site?
posted 20 September 2006 19:10 EDT (US)     4 / 6  
Arctic10, yes, but he is referring to the tower used for taking on Great walls. They have artillery that they fire from the hole located near the top.
posted 21 September 2006 09:39 EDT (US)     5 / 6  
Teh diplomat, all siege towers fire, not only the ones used for "great walls", any type of stone wall will do.

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
posted 21 September 2006 09:57 EDT (US)     6 / 6  
The larger the tower, the more devastating the firepower though. Larger towers shoot ballista bolts, which can kill four or five men at a time. That makes them well worth holding short to devastate the unit of enemy infantry on the walls.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » 2 Questions: Watchtower and Siege Tower
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames