Topic Subject: Minimum & recommended spec required to run RTW
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 10 August 2007 06:37 EDT (US)   
Minimum System Requirements:
* English version of Microsoft® Windows® 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7
* Pentium® III 1.0GHz (1000MHz) or Athlon™ 1.0GHz (1000MHz) processor or higher
* 256MB RAM
* 8x Speed CD-ROM drive (1200KB/sec sustained transfer rate) and latest drivers
* 2.9GB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 500MB for Windows® swap file)
* 100% DirectX® 9.0b compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers
* 100% Windows® 98SE/ME/2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and latest drivers
* DirectX® 9.0b (included)
* 3D hardware Accelerator Card Required - 100% DirectX® 9.0b compatible 64MB Hardware Accelerated video card and the latest drivers*.
* ATI® Radeon 7200
* ATI® Radeon 8500
* ATI® Radeon 9000
* ATI® Radeon 9500
* ATI® Radeon 9600
* ATI® Radeon 9700
* ATI® Radeon 9800
* All Nvidia® GeForce 2 and higher

Recommended System Requirements:
* English version of Microsoft® Windows® 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7
* Pentium® III 1.5GHz (1000MHz) or Athlon™ 1.5GHz (1000MHz) processor or higher
* 512MB RAM
* 8x Speed CD-ROM drive (1200KB/sec sustained transfer rate) and latest drivers
* 2.9GB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 500MB for Windows® swap file)
* 100% DirectX® 9.0b compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers
* 100% Windows® 98SE/ME/2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and latest drivers
* DirectX® 9.0b (included)
* 3D hardware Accelerator Card Required - 100% DirectX® 9.0b compatible 128MB Hardware Accelerated video card and the latest drivers*.

Mac:
Minimum Requirements
* Processor: 1.4GHz
* RAM: 512MB
* Graphics: 128MB VRAM
* Mac OS: 10.5.8
* Hard Disk: 5GB
* Input: Mouse

Recommended Requirements
* Processor: 2.0GHz
* RAM: 2GB
* Graphics: 256MB VRAM
* Mac OS: 10.6.2
* Hard Disk: 5GB
* Input: Multi-button Mouse

Edited to add Vista to Operating Systems and Mac stats- Terikel Grayhair
Edited to add Windows 7 to Operating Systems- Edorix

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 11-09-2011 @ 09:06 AM).]

Replies:
posted 10 August 2007 06:58 EDT (US)     1 / 30  
It's too bad my pc won't run it well, my mom said I can get a new one for christmas, so I guess i can play it at christmas. It seems like a great game though
posted 10 August 2007 11:56 EDT (US)     2 / 30  
Did you try to install it? From your other thread, it looks like you would be able to barely make it under the bar.

"The most virtuous are those who content themselves with being virtuous without seeking to appear so."-Plato
posted 10 August 2007 15:08 EDT (US)     3 / 30  
I don't think it will be much fun having a lagging campaign map, and not being able to play the battles. Plus, my computer can't run many games anyway. A new one seems the best option. Thanks for the help everyone.
posted 26 August 2007 06:26 EDT (US)     4 / 30  
Does RTW work on Windows Vista?
posted 26 August 2007 13:00 EDT (US)     5 / 30  
It does. I can vouch for it.

-Love Gaius

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw

posted 26 August 2007 16:04 EDT (US)     6 / 30  
I can prove it i play rtw in vista and i can play with xgm to
posted 06 May 2008 01:17 EDT (US)     7 / 30  
I have a good PC. But still crashing when I'm in mid-game, but when I reach late game (like 30 B.C) it crashes with every click I do!! That's bothering me!! Can you help me?.
posted 06 May 2008 12:03 EDT (US)     8 / 30  
One thread per issue please giancarlog. That was answered in the thread you created about the issue.
posted 02 July 2008 16:36 EDT (US)     9 / 30  
does it run on vista?
posted 03 July 2008 03:06 EDT (US)     10 / 30  
does it run on vista?
It does.

Hussarknight
posted 26 June 2009 04:15 EDT (US)     11 / 30  
hi all, RTW is one of the best games i've ever played but i haven't played it for a long time because my pc is old and couldn't handle large units for online multiplayers..

i am gonna purchase a new laptop but not sure whether it can run RTW becuase its uses integrated graphics card: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD

this is the one i am looking at:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/304415#productInformationSection

can it run RTW smoothly online?

thanks guys!

[This message has been edited by lk7ar (edited 06-26-2009 @ 08:54 AM).]

posted 05 July 2009 10:34 EDT (US)     12 / 30  
Hi lk7ar
The spec is respectable enough except for the lack of a proper graphics card. I can't say for certain whether you can or can't play the game (RTW) but if you are buying this laptop just to play RTW (and other games), you are taking a considerable risk. It will almost certainly not be able to play any games from the last couple of years.

-Love Gaius

posted 07 October 2009 05:53 EDT (US)     13 / 30  
I got it running on 224 MB Ram.
Strange though because i thought u couldnt get that
posted 07 October 2009 06:04 EDT (US)     14 / 30  
It depends on your settings, dude. The more eye-candy you have turned on, the more intensive the memory usage.

The Minimum is probably designed for use on Normal Scale, a few options, and normal usage.

Small scale, no eye-candy, and bare-bones playing can probably go under that Minimum, but won't be as much fun.

Congrats on getting it to run under minimum specs, though.
posted 29 June 2010 12:02 EDT (US)     15 / 30  
help needed does it work with windows 7 coz i have tried to install it and it doesnt install properly and the desktop icon isnt the proper one and when i go to play it asks for a .exe file i cant find
posted 29 June 2010 16:04 EDT (US)     16 / 30  
It was not designed to run on Windows 7 (obviously ) but it is possible to get it to work with a little tinkering. From my experience with Vista, one reason you may not be able to find the exe is because it's a compatibility file... but I don't know if that applies to Windows 7. You may be able to find your precise issue listed here, but I dunno.

I would suggest trying to manually install it. That tends to do the trick...

posted 21 July 2010 02:09 EDT (US)     17 / 30  
@ Edorix

I was wondering if you are running RTW on a 32 bit or 64 bit version of Windows 7. Thanks!
posted 21 July 2010 04:24 EDT (US)     18 / 30  
From my experience with Vista...
I'm actually not running it on 7 at all, but I believe that 7 is quite similar to Vista (much like M2TW is built on the same engine as RTW).

posted 22 July 2010 02:53 EDT (US)     19 / 30  
Hey guys, so for future reference for anyone else, RTW works on Windows 7 64 bit (for Steam, at least). The first time I installed, Steam crashed when I tried to launched RTW, but a reinstall made the game run fine.
posted 11 September 2010 13:31 EDT (US)     20 / 30  
Decided to post this here instead of making a new thread. Well I had RTW installed fine on my computer, but then I got Med2, and had to uninstall it to get the memory needed. I finally got it installed, but turns out I need a better graphic card So I uninstalled Med2, and was reinstalling Rome, and this happened. (8th time now trying to install)

Always at the same spot.

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer

[This message has been edited by Punic Hoplite (edited 09-11-2010 @ 01:32 PM).]

posted 11 September 2010 13:57 EDT (US)     21 / 30  
Starting a new thread in tech help would really have been more fitting, but no matter...

Did you do a full manual uninstall?

posted 11 September 2010 14:43 EDT (US)     22 / 30  
Start > All Programs > RTW > Uninstall.

It was done without any problems. I have no Activision or The Creative Assembly folders in my Program Files.

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
posted 12 September 2010 03:18 EDT (US)     23 / 30  
... yes, you should try tech help, my friend.

posted 20 October 2011 18:34 EDT (US)     24 / 30  
This game works on my comp on the highest settings fine, but the grass has to be med, and it only supports 5k guys, on huge scale.

Sanctimonia es opprimo.

Veni, vidi, haven't vici - yet!

EGO ero imperator.
posted 08 November 2011 20:37 EDT (US)     25 / 30  
HP 2000z series
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit AMD Dual-Core Processor E-300 (1.6GHz, 1MB L2 Cache)+AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6 2GB DDR3 System Memory (1 Dimm)
FREE Upgrade to 320GB 5400RPM Hard Driv

Will this ^ run effectively on medium or high settings ? (:
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Minimum & recommended spec required to run RTW
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames