Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Funny but Wrongful Deaths
posted 03 January 2005 06:26 EDT (US)   
Straight off the bat, I'm going to say this is a bug. It's not in Technical Help and Bug because I don't really need help with it. I just want to know if it's happened to any of you guys.

I was besieging Carthage with two siege towers. I had a legionary cohort assiged to each, and had them push the towers to the walls. Funny. The gatehouse wasn't shooting. I suppose that's just dumb luck!

So my legions began climbing the siege towers. The doors dropped down and from them rushing 41 of the meanest, toughest legionaries imaginable, hungry for Scipii blood. As soon as they stepped off the platform and onto the wall... They fell to their deaths.

The bastards! Somehow the Scipii had created illusions of walls! As each legionary stepped off, they screamed and fell straight through the wall, top to bottom. I suppose the gatehouse hadn't responded to my units because it was a 'ghost' image.

Sure, I laughed as I saw waves of legionaries falling to their death. But I felt cheated. Again, I say, the bastards! Has this ever happened to anyone else?

[This message has been edited by RyushiBlade (edited 01-03-2005 @ 06:40 AM).]

Replies:
posted 03 January 2005 06:46 EDT (US)     1 / 9  
Yep, someone I can't remember the name of had that happen to them... they attributed it to not aligning with the walls correctly...

Seems to be a bug.

sig
posted 03 January 2005 06:50 EDT (US)     2 / 9  
'Tis not a Bug. It's a Carthagian desert Mirage.
posted 03 January 2005 08:16 EDT (US)     3 / 9  
suuuuuure it is, King_Of_England! *accentuates underscores*

sig
posted 03 January 2005 11:03 EDT (US)     4 / 9  
Why waste time with boarding walls when you could bring four Heavy Onagers along? Now THAT is commedy.
posted 03 January 2005 11:56 EDT (US)     5 / 9  
Hey if your units fell through the walls, could you walk through them to?

A dead enemy always smells good- Alus Vitellus.

Eat a vegetarian, save lettuce!

posted 03 January 2005 15:43 EDT (US)     6 / 9  
I wanted to try that out, but I ended the battle before I had that chance. Onagers lessen movement points, and Africa is a big place. The commanding general is 55 years old, heh.
posted 03 January 2005 17:04 EDT (US)     7 / 9  
ya i rarely make onagers even tho id like to have em its just there isnt enough movement points as it is so i have to scrub em
posted 03 January 2005 17:11 EDT (US)     8 / 9  
I had that happen. My Onagers were firing at the gate tower so it wouldn't fire at my troops or drop boiling oil and the ammo went through the gatehouse and hit the enemy general. I was laughing my ass off.
posted 03 January 2005 20:36 EDT (US)     9 / 9  
Played the fight again and the same thing happened. If someone gets the chance, can you attack Carthage using siege towers? Let me know if it's a bug for everyone or just me. I tried the Eastern and Northern gatehouses and the same thing happened.

(Luckily, I built a sap point as well as the towers, heh.)

Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Funny but Wrongful Deaths
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames