You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: RTW V1.5 - Brutii Imperial Campaign. The Civil war and fall of Rome
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 30 April 2006 19:11 EDT (US)   
An account of the Roman Civil war.

Brutii Imperial Campaign RTW V1.5 No Mods

Edit: Difficulty is H/H

In winter of 252BC the senate unexpectedly demanded that the Brutii faction leader commits suicide. With no troops in southern Italy and the forces of Northern Italy engaged in Massilia the suicide request was accepted. But a vow was taken…never again. Amulus the new faction leader prepared. Forces marching east to campaign against Seleucid, Pontus, Armenia, Parthia and Egypt were turned around to retrace their steps west towards Italy. Brutii was preparing for war in Italy.

At end of the summer of 250BC the suicide request came again. This was despite achieving senate demands. Perhaps it was Brutii control of 42 regions dominating the map that made the other Romans nervous. Perhaps it was the lack of any officers in the senate. Perhaps it was deliberately allowing Massilia and Mediolanium to revolt back to Gaul hands for the second time. Maybe they had heard of the plague spy I had sent into Scipii lands in Sicily and Africa. Whatever the reason this time there was no bowing to senate demands. Brutii was prepared for war in Italy!

SPQR outlawed Brutii. SPQR, Julii and Scipii factions broke their alliances and went to war. Brutii was fighting five eastern factions and rebels all over the map. Nine enemies…this was truly Rome Total War.

Winter 250BC – Brutii capture Segesta from Julii

The Julii were the better men, man for man, not that the general told his troops that.

Barbarian Mercenary Cavalry in the rear of the the Julii army

Follow us doggies. We have a welcome lining up for you.

Equites are the 2nd charge into the Julii rear.

Welcome doggies. Equites in far distance are attacking the rear.

Killing dogs can be dusty business

We have all seen flying troops. But doing handstands ?

Mercenary Barbarians pumped up with war cries will win.

Mercenary Hoplites deal with this threat.

But not the Julii faction leader. Heavy cavalry jump over spears and break that phalanx. Archers went scrambling for cover as all my best mounted troops rushed into the ensuing fight.

Had faced 7 war-dog units in that battle and there were still dogs lurking in amongst the buildings at the end. Pity soldiers don’t gain experience killing dogs. Lost experience 2 Equites when they pursued a routing general into the plaza and got completely engulfed by the Julii waiting there. I will remember that battle for the Barbarian Cavalry out in the rear of the enemy and the set up to kill the hundreds of dogs.

Troops gather in southern Italy. More are arriving in Patavium and garrisons from unwanted Massilia and Mediolanium are moving to strike.

Summer of 249BC

Brutii capture Messana.
- Spies told of no serious defence force.
- A modest force was despatched to capture this now plague free city.
- Leader was able to hire mercenaries as soon as he stepped off the boat

Brutii capture Arrentium.

The Julii marched backwards and forwards tiring themselves out. When they got close enough my archers killed many. Mostly it was Equites charging worn out troops that won the battle. Roman towns have complex roads. I didn’t have much time left on the battle timer.

Brutii capture Ariminum

With Stone walls my tactics are to sneak in a side door and capture the walls and towers. Use them against the Julii. You can see lone infantry units on the map racing for the undefended open gates. Barbarian cavalry in the enemy rear. Artillery in reinforcement armies cannot pass through forests so is separated from its army. Easy kills.

The 8 star Julii commander going down. Things get easier from this point.

Julii died from shoots fired from their own walls.

Forces move up from Tarentum and Croton. Where the infantry can reach in one march from Tarentum a fort is established. Troops mass there ready to attack Capua next turn. Forces continue to stream into northern Italy.

The country is crawling with Brutii spies. Brutii command has great intelligence with which to plan the campaign of winter 249 BC

Winter 249BC

Fleets of both Scipii and Julii are beaten off in separate actions. They both contained troops.

Brutii capture Capua
You can see the now empty fort where the infantry slept safely over last turn.

Another dog to fight.

And the Scipii army is inexperienced…like us. Wooden walls so no using them against the enemy as you can with stone.

This is the initial deployment. Damm. All the gates are guarded.

Takings things slow. Two Equites meet up in a forest and discus tactics whilst hidden. They toss a coin for the honour of charging into the enemy rear. Hope the volcano doesn’t blow.

Force used to gain entry into the city. Now how do we get to the centre? Weird. Not using the road.

The cavalry attack into the rear of the Scipii army goes in. One cavalry unit stays hidden in the forest as I thought one Equite unit would be enough to kill both Ballistae.

Got one Ballista. But it’s getting hot. Roman General is good. Is reacting with two units rushing back to attack. That cavalry wedge shape is not one I ever use but I certainly don’t like one pointing at me.

Time to get out. Much use of the run command has the Equites heading back through the forest with the Scipii wedge in ever closer pursuit. But a surprise awaits the now winded Scipii horsemen.

They didn’t like that surprise

Interesting. This Equite is returning to the forest. It had unsuccessfully chased the routing Scipii horsemen all the way into the city through a now undefended gate. But it wasn’t gaining ground so went back out. Was thinking of supporting another rear attack on the Scipii reinforcements. But what’s this. The men in blue are all now streaming this way. Wonder why. Were they pissed at the last ambush from this area or was it use of the other city gate that has drawn them?

They are definitely coming to the forest. Someone must have their ass sticking out in the sun like a white flag.

Let’s get outta here.

Both cavalry units would be chased by Scipii cavalry all the way to the far corner of the city where bad play gets one killed.

Meanwhile the goings on inside the maze of streets hadn’t been followed closely enough. 80 Hastati V.s 51 charging heavy cavalry. I have forces scrambling to assist.

Too late for the poor Hastati. Here is my faction leader. Faction leader V.s Faction leader. CHARGE !

Added some heavy infantry. Scipii general died moments later. No enemy survived that encounter. ALL the Hastati later healed. Elsewhere the encounters are going well.

The rest of the garrison was easy. Having taken and held the plaza for 3 minutes I could choose to continue or end the battle. I choose to end it as fighting the now advancing reinforcements with only one missile unit would mean lots of hand to hand casualties. So a rare ‘close victory’.

The Scipii reinforcements would withdraw and fall back on Rome.

Interlude from the same turn but in the east:

Most bloody street fighting I've ever witnessed. “Let me bathe in blood for a week” speech came to mind.

Unfortunately my commanding general lies dead in that pile of bodies. Important learning here is that command has not passed to the other general. One unit of Roman dogs killed 447 and were still biting at the end. Faction destroyed.

First Egyptian family member I have ever killed on the battlefield.

Dogs finish off what Artillery, velites and archers started.

Assault on Rome Part II

Let’s see if we have enough to take on the Romans now. Let’s review all the intelligence.

Ariminum forces have many archers and artillery. Good for taking out the enemy without losses. My kind of army. The main SPQR army in its failed ambush position. Not perfect knowledge but we can assume the pampered SPQR boys are all well trained even if they have never fought anyone in the flesh.

Arretium forces have my elite cavalry and archers under the command of faction heir. Veterans of much hard campaigning. The SPQR defend the gates of Rome with no less than 4 family members. Bet they are all senate office holders because they loiter right next to Rome. Excellent Brutii governors don’t get a look in at holding high office with these goal hangers.

And the blue Scipii dogs who fled after I captured Capua. My faction leader has this turn just captured Capua but has enough movement points to move on and reach Rome. But none of the infantry can. The Principles movement radius shows this. They could reach on the Scipii force but it’s not clear if they would have enough movement points to start a battle.

More troops arriving from the north. They are too far away to fight Rome this turn.

The Battle against SPQR’s field army

The Brutii generals stack is slowed by artillery and lacks the movement points to initiate the attack. So a lone cavalry unit comes out from town, avoids the generals stack so it doesn’t also get stuck, and launches the attack.

Come on then pretty boys. Come and get us if you can. There is nothing in the SPQR army as fast as the Equites. As the only Brutii unit on the battlefield the SPQR are drawn to it.

The plan is to draw the SPQR away from where my reinforcements are going to arrive. Make the SPQR march as far as possible.

Plan is working. Then Brutii start to arrive in the corner and as soon as they do the SPQR adjust their marching.

Equites race back through the reforming SPQR battle line. Meanwhile I wonder what the heck is going on with the artillery reinforcements.

Velites were killed. Quick all cavalry run for the trees. They all comply except the Barbarian mercenary cavalry who walk rather than run. The SPQR general catches them….and hurts them. All my cavalry are ordered to turn back and attack the enemy general.

Barbarian cavalry rout and are off the field of battle in a flash. Soon after…”This is no way for a leader to behave”. SPQR general routs. Was getting a bit close for comfort with SPQR Triarii closing on my engaged horsemen.

The other general is moving. Run away...run away…towards the forest. And dammit why is that archer not hidden. Artillery seems to be heading for the battlefield.

The routing general was caught and killed. It was the overall commander.

Chance of surprise now gone. Archers open fire on the general.

General could not catch the Equite so turned back to march after another unit. Into a hail of missiles.

I will need to turn my pursuing Equites out away or they will be hit. I can see my Ballista in the distance.

His unit of Principles has the right idea. It’s got into position on the flank and has a good shot at Equites engaged in killing routers. Was not in time to save the 2nd general.

I don’t want my archers pinned in the corner against those experienced Roman troops. So they start running. As cavalry and archers run along one edge of the battlefield the SPQR adjust their approach and do not threaten the hidden troops who remain. It seems those in hiding have not been seen.

Archery and dogs are enough to rout the velites. Elsewhere some archers have enough space to fire off some rounds. Yet someone has a shot at my archers…those Principles maybe or friendly fire? Artillery has arrived! Fire. Flagging SPQR morale will suffer some more.

I've had enough of those Principles. They were charging after one of my units so I charged them from behind.

They are fighting back. Well some of them are.

Last of the archers in the corner kicked up dust as they sprint for daylight between them and the four SPQR units that were closing on them. Dog handlers also ran for safety leaving their dogs to finish the velites.

Becoming a turkey shoot now. The SPQR are tired and have nothing that can run down the archers.

Dogs and fire arrows will hurt Triarii morale. As will an odd artillery round or two.

The second artillery unit has finally arrived. A bit exposed though. Too close to the SPQR forces for comfort. Brutii cavalry have spotted an opportunity…

Love this shot. Equites charging on a hectic battlefield. Velites didn’t know what hit them.

No casualties for the Equites. Velites and remains of a Triarii unit rout. There are 6 small flags in white. Both the routing units were experience 3 units? (3 small flags each)

The cavalry charge and routing two units send a shiver through the SPQR forces. Two other full strength units rout. Yet all is not safe. Triarii turn and charge the just entered artillery. I order the crew to abandon their Ballista and run away.

I try some fire arrows on the high morale Triarii. It won’t hit the Ballista crew. They are fresh and have soon put distance between themselves and the exhausted pursuers.

It did the trick and the Ballista crew turned on the routing troops and killed them.

The two SPQR units that had routed have recovered despite the rain of arrows.

The second Ballista crew regained their weapons only to be chased off by another SPQR unit. For the second time the crew abandon their weapons and run for safety. In the distance horsemen are at work mopping up routers.

I need to stop the archers firing. All the enemy are routing. Artillery crew from both machines help kill routers. Routing troops don’t count for much experience but they do count for some and a small unit like artillery can use all the kills it can get.

Victory.

Dogs do well again. One of the archers didn’t do well.

One more surprise. As this battle was commanded by a captain it was eligible for Man of the Hour. The capture of two cities in the Far East must have tipped those invisible scales enough to say I was eligible for more leaders.

This is the best Man of the Hour I have seen since I started keeping records. Perhaps due to the quality of the victory?

The Battle for Rome itself

The final battle perhaps. None of the Brutii infantry can reach Rome this turn. No infantry means no wall capture and use against the enemy. Without such an advantage Rome would be too expensive, perhaps impossible, to capture with just cavalry. But my play style of rapid expansion makes me look for a way to capture this turn.

So Brutii forces attack the SPQR stack to the north of Rome. Infantry and archers can reach here, just, but cannot launch the attack themselves as they lack the movement points. Cavalry only armies can move further and approaching from either side assume me of greater chance of having sufficient MPs to attack. The greatest commander of our age, Amulius the Victor, takes command by launching the attack with his elite horsemen. The faction leader and his horsemen, south of Rome, play no part in the battle as they do not touch the square, north of Rome, which is under assault.

That’s Rome up there. Brutii forces running to attack the enemy before they have a chance to unite.

The first arrow is fired at the SPQR generals. The first charge is by Barbarian Mercenary cavalry against Roman archers.

Cavalry battle gets under way. Odds on the right as we look at the picture don’t look good. Rushing forces to support. Lots of arrows flying.

Fight I most need to win is in the top right. That’s where the overall commanders of the battle are engaged.

Excellent. SPQR routs in the lesser fight.

And the SPQR general falls. Morale sky high now. Onward men. Kill them all. A feat soon accomplished.

Four SPQR generals lie dead. Another one leads his forces forward. But this is no lightweight. This is the faction leader with a big bodyguard as befits his status and influence. He is the most powerful unit in this battle. The Barbarian Mercenaries have been given their orders…charge the SPQR general. They had a war cry first.

Off they go…to their glorious deaths.

This was to buy time. I won’t stop firing arrows at that General.

The big sacrifice is underway. Missiles continue to rain into them. My own cavalry will be ordered to charge in very soon. One unit is coming in from behind the lines to take out the skirmishers from behind and plough through to the General. Principles rushing across to assist. Archers to find new targets.

This is it. The big rumble.
Peltasts, 6 remain, are in there and still fighting…hold on they are firing. Jeeze..Fire at will. Heck maybe all fire at wills are firing into that fight rather than where I have been instructing. Impressed by the staying power of my troops. High morale factor of the general.

Grouping my archers and giving them new orders to neaten up the formation. The SPQR faction would lie dead in a few more seconds and the rest of his troops routed and killed.

Here comes the third wave. The Scipii who retreated from Capua. These are not experienced troops. Equites charged my line but broke before they made contact. Mowed down by archers.

The barbarian cavalry unit is in the back field to catch routers. My cavalry is a weakened mess all over the place. Too tired to move. Just catching breath waiting to see where the threat will come from.

The fight against the Roman general.

Cretans nearly out of ammo. Their longer range meant they have always had more targets so can fire more rounds. Barb Cav in pursuit of routers.

There was a lot of running about of archers as multiple units charged them. Cretans took some shots, indeed I took casualties to many units. But it came good as I always expected it would.

Victory. All six enemy generals lie dead on the battlefield.

It was important that no generals escaped the battlefield. It meant Rome was undefended after the battle.

It is only fitting that the faction leader should enter Rome first. He did so from the south.

It is a glorious day for Brutii.

So ended my second ever RTW campaign.

[This message has been edited by Severous (edited 02-24-2007 @ 03:00 AM).]

Replies:
posted 30 April 2006 21:03 EDT (US)     1 / 32  

Wow, great job man, those were exellent.
One question: What level was it on?

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
It would be a violation of my code as a gentleman to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.-Veeblefester
Ego is the anesthetic for the pain of stupidity.-me A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
I've put most of my units/skins and ss of them on my new site!:
http://totalwarfantic.tripod.com/
Proud winner of most underrated forumer award!
posted 30 April 2006 21:10 EDT (US)     2 / 32  
you got so much of the map and the year is only 249 thats not right
posted 30 April 2006 22:15 EDT (US)     3 / 32  
EASY, LEVEL EASY, nOOb alert! Nah, if he like taking 50 provences in 21 years and he likes level easy than so what? Each to his own tastes...on my second ever campaign (easy/easy) I played as Germania and got 50 provences by 22 years. The last one was Sparta, those guys were stubborn.
But nice story man, must have taken hours to put together. A time well spent if you ask me.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
It would be a violation of my code as a gentleman to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.-Veeblefester
Ego is the anesthetic for the pain of stupidity.-me A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
posted 01 May 2006 03:11 EDT (US)     4 / 32  
Hey guys lighten up. This was on H/H level.

I did my first campaign as Julii on M/M. Completed in 232BC. I noticed the increase in difficulty to H/H in the very first turn as assault on rebel held Appolonia proved tougher than 'rebel slaves have a right to be'. Rebels that would have broken on m/m continued to fight on h/h and forced me to play better. I captured the town in the first turn and continued to expand at that pace.

Many of you may have seen my posts over the past couple of months as I slowly micromanaged my way through this campaign. Ive got detailed accounts of everything for 10 years and stats from every battle fought for the whole campaign. My play style is real slow in real life...taking a week to do the last turn...but in game time the progress is fast.

I have seen faster and I could have completed this perhaps 5 years earlier if I hadnt been strategically working to a master plan. I wanted to capture the eastern end of the map and see for the first time all the factions and lands of that end of the map. So I was ignoring easy targets in the west and gave up 2 towns twice.

I failed in my master objective of capturing the entire east as ive hardly grazed my knuckles on the Egyptians. The civil war was forced on me and the 50 regions was reached long before I could beat up a tough Egypt.

I will edit the level into the first post and tidy up one or two errors I missed last night. It took me most the afternoon and all evening to put this together. Ive deliberatly tried to include some of the tips Ive picked up and also show my blunders.

[This message has been edited by Severous (edited 05-01-2006 @ 03:24 AM).]

posted 01 May 2006 10:02 EDT (US)     5 / 32  
You could have just continued playing, it gives you the option.

It was cool, and I'm wondering if you can give me any advise on my Brutii campaign on m/m.

posted 01 May 2006 10:05 EDT (US)     6 / 32  
Sorry, I just can't believe with your results it was on H/H...until you said you spent a week on your last turn. Patience wins wars, apparently.

posted 01 May 2006 10:09 EDT (US)     7 / 32  
Perhaps he moved the starting date back a hundred years, or he accidently did it on M/M, or E/E.
Still, a good campain, Sev. Perhaps if you did a narrative you could write a story on it...

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
posted 01 May 2006 12:47 EDT (US)     8 / 32  
Im here EoJ. You do not need to talk about 'he' as if im not here.

Here is a graph showing territory over the last 40 odd turns. All the factions I fought are included.

I will gladly demonstrate the difficulty level if someone can advise me how to do that.

At the end of the campaign I have clicked on 'Yes' to play on. Ive then saved it. So I, or anyone, could continue from here.

It would be an interesting campaign with immediate battles to eliminate Perthia, lots of angry Egyptians and a shed load of upgraded gaul peasants heading through the alps. Theres plague to spread in Africa and enough troops in Italy to go where ever you want.

Above all there is a powerful economy earning 40k+ per turn (before construction and recruitment costs but after paying army upkeep). This figure is more now that four more regions were captured this turn.

As for advice. Expand fast as this prevents your enemies time to grow. Develop high incomes before you over invest in expensive armies. Yet...If you end a turn with more than 50k you are not spending money fast enough....hire tons of mercenaries and recruit all the troops you can. Use these forces to capture more lands. But never just sit there. Armies are for fighting not building. All my cities run on as high a tax rate as I can. Run many on red face 70% public order as there is no riot until 65%.

Jupiters Chosen. I would be happy to offer more specific advice on your campaign. If you are playing with no mods I think I could load up your saved game if you sent it to me. Could then communicate with you privately or via a message thread on the forum. Would quite enjoy that if you are up for it.

As for writing an account I dont want to do that. I dont have any flair for that sort of thing...nor if im honest do I enjoy or read the word only AAR/stories. I far prefer the posts with lots of pictures. Particulary those that demonstrate the thought process ie what to do next in the campaign, or battle tactics. Sat there for many minutes yesterday looking at someones battle against Perthia thinking what would I have done.

Next playing of RTW I do will be vh/vh. I think on the historical battles that come with the game. Im also playing a succession game cooperating with players of another forum. Plenty to do...want to try a phalanx faction..and also play an eastern faction so I can play into that Egyptian corner of the map I havent seen yet. RTW is a great game is it not.

posted 01 May 2006 17:46 EDT (US)     9 / 32  
You're tellin me it only took you 20 years? Awesome.
posted 03 May 2006 00:53 EDT (US)     10 / 32  
hi everyone
i just signed up, although i've been accessing this site for a while.
Serverous, as for your proof for the difficulty you fought on, i cant help you proove the battle difficulty but i can help you proove the campaign one. On normal difficulty all farm units generate 80 gold each for an average harvest, without the hanging gardens. I know it's about 15 percent less on vh and i think its about 10 percent less on hard. just show how much money your farms are generating, and do the math. Hope that helps.

[This message has been edited by the big a (edited 05-03-2006 @ 01:05 AM).]

posted 03 May 2006 11:24 EDT (US)     11 / 32  
Severous.

Right now I own most of greece and am in the process of wiping out the last two macedonian cities. Salona and Segestica. I've got about 190,000 in my pocked so I need to train up some new forces to take over Rhodes and Kidonia, where those stinking Greeks are probably hidding. I also need to train up some full stack for the war against Thrace and Dacia that is to enevetably esue. After Segestica I plan to take my main army into Dacia and use my new forces against Thrace. My assasin is an exelent piece of work, having killed the Macadonian Faction leader and in the process of traking down a Thracian Family memeber since my attempts on their Faction leader failed.

Advise would be welcome.

posted 03 May 2006 12:04 EDT (US)     12 / 32  
Wow, I think Severous wants to make us "BattlePic Dudes" look bad! Nice freekin story man! Very thorough and long, awesome, I SAY AWESOME!
posted 03 May 2006 12:22 EDT (US)     13 / 32  
Ooh, I'll have to post my Italian campain one day. It's one of the most organised and documented invaisions I've ever done.

posted 03 May 2006 15:00 EDT (US)     14 / 32  
I've never even though of doing that. Documenting my campaign. Its a great idea for battle pics, and especially stories. Hmmmm. . .
posted 03 May 2006 15:05 EDT (US)     15 / 32  
Before you, my friends, stands the Chronicler. Almost every single long campain that I have done has been documented somewhere and filed. I have Parthia, Cathage and Scipii in my draws (Although someone has tidied away the first two, and I can't find it any more).
It's a pity that I didn't document my present Greecian one, s I thought I would give up like the last 5 times I had tried it. Perhaps I should start now... Hm...

posted 03 May 2006 22:35 EDT (US)     16 / 32  
EoJ how do you document yours?
posted 04 May 2006 02:09 EDT (US)     17 / 32  
I put the date, then the summer, then write the family news first, then battles, fineally any points I deem worthy. Example:
218- Summer- Faction destroyed- Numidia
Faction leader dies- Flavius the cold-hearted
New faction leader- Secundus Scipio
Coming of Age- Appius Caepio
Recruitment for the reviving of the 3rd Agean starts in Sicily
recreatment for the 4th Attica starts in Greece
1st Auxillia 'Lycia' marches for Pergmun.
Battle of Phygia <Insert battle here>
<insert any other news/millitory manuvers here>

Winter-
ETC.

posted 04 May 2006 09:08 EDT (US)     18 / 32  
Do you take screenshots?

I would if i knew how to minimise the game while I'm playing it

posted 04 May 2006 11:24 EDT (US)     19 / 32  
Do CTL+ALT+Delete to minimize it. Or ALT+ Tab (the arrows going two directions)
No, I don't- only for the battle pic thread or toons. I write my journal on paper.

posted 05 May 2006 15:42 EDT (US)     20 / 32  
In order to try and validate the campaign difficulty here is a screenshot showing farm income from this small undeveloped town. No govenor. (No hanging gardens)

I do not know what it needs to be to confirm Hard campaign map difficulty.

Farm income is 736 on average harvest. Im hoping that this is the 'right' level of income to validate that difficulty is indeed Hard.

I take battle pictures during major battles. Also manually record in a spreadsheet all battles and end of turn reports. Battles that end in a town capture also record the occupy/enslave/exterminate options and what was chosen.

posted 05 May 2006 16:09 EDT (US)     21 / 32  
What ever the case Severous, its a awesome battle pic thread! Easy or Hard or Very Hard, to me I dont really give a shit. People can play on whatever they want. The battle pics are still cool either way!
posted 05 May 2006 20:47 EDT (US)     22 / 32  
^Good point
Welcome the big a!

posted 05 May 2006 21:08 EDT (US)     23 / 32  
I started a Gaul Imperial campaign 4 times. Once on each of the four different difficulties. The farming output of Mediolanuim varied with the difficulty: E/E=960 M/M=800 H/H=736 VH/VH=680. So it confirms the difficulty of the Brutii campaign, on at least the campaign map, was H.
posted 07 May 2006 12:35 EDT (US)     24 / 32  
I've played as most factions.

Jullii - Normal /n
Jullii - Very Hard /vh

Scippi - Normal /n

Brutii - Very Hard /vh

Macedon - Hard /vh

Parthia - Hard /h

Selucid - Normal /n

These are the campaigns I've finished, I prefer to play as the Bruttii. And i believe thet Severus could take Rome so quickly, the Greeks are so rich you can easily gather enough money to get huge powerful armies. The Temple of Mars gives a great experiance bonus. I conquered every province except three by 150BC. Had both the Parhians and Selucids as Protectorates and froce the SPQR into becoming one twice before they get anoyed. Also anyone faced the Amazonians, they're real bitchs staying in threr chriot archers. i had to Crush 4 rebeliions, just nto worth it for a lage town!

posted 07 May 2006 18:20 EDT (US)     25 / 32  
thanks twf, i was starting to wonder if anyone would say anything. Anyway servous, yes it is the correct amount to show that you have indeed been playing on hard. I just wish i could help you proove the battle difficulty as well, but i have no idea how one could do that. As for me, when i play the romans i tend to knock out the senate by the 14th year or so, although i could do it earlier, but i just need the popular support. On the bright side thats not a problem when i'm playing as the greeks or macedonians.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum » RTW V1.5 - Brutii Imperial Campaign. The Civil war and fall of Rome
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames