Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: M2TW Kingdoms: Apachean AAR
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 08 August 2008 13:54 EDT (US)   
Well I have decided to start a new AAR in between the Byzantine swap game here, a hotseat campaign with a couple of friends over at TW Center and waiting for Warhammer Online. I would start a modded Rome one but unfortunetly my rome doesn't work and I need to save my money for an aformentioned mmo I will bee playing a vanilla Kingdoms campaign. And to keep everyone happy I will be holding a vote for which one to play. Either Americas, Teutonic, or Britannia. No Crusades though (only if a vast majority want it will I play it). So you will vote for which campaign and then for which which faction after the campaign is determined.

Teutonic-0

Americas-0

Britannia-0

Let my people speak!

Then the prophet spake: saying "Frak this for my faith is a shield proof against your blandishments." -Alem Mahat, The Book of Cain Chapter IV, Verse XXI
Replies:
posted 08 August 2008 14:43 EDT (US)     1 / 47  
i havent seen a lot of americas AARs here, so i'll vote for americas

"Anything worth living for is worth fighting for, and anthing worth fighting for is worth living for."
Pontus AAR -discontinued
Macedonian AAR-discontinued
posted 08 August 2008 16:19 EDT (US)     2 / 47  
I'd say a Lithuania Campain WITHOUT HA SPAM. That would be a really fun thing to try to play.

I'm trying a Lithuania campain without spamming HA's right now on vh/vh, and DAMN its hard. Unfortunetly, I don't have the detication to a project to do an AAR.

Teutonic Lithuanaia for my vote.
posted 08 August 2008 17:32 EDT (US)     3 / 47  
Good to see some feed back.

Teutonic-1

Americas-1

Britannia-0

Keep those votes comin, and a Lithuanian campaign without HA spam sounds really hard might give it out for a spin if you guys don't vote for it.

Then the prophet spake: saying "Frak this for my faith is a shield proof against your blandishments." -Alem Mahat, The Book of Cain Chapter IV, Verse XXI
posted 08 August 2008 19:33 EDT (US)     4 / 47  
Americas.

You didn't get any hot sauce or mild sauce?
posted 08 August 2008 20:28 EDT (US)     5 / 47  
Its not hard if you play it RIGHT. You have to use the Robed Fanatics that carry Scythes (Forgot name, Followers of P--------, like that) and hide them in the trees (LOTS of trees near the Baltic, go figure...), you just lure the enemy away with some cavalry, and BOOM, instant rout once they hit the rear. I'll make a drawing to explain.

This involves a LOT of micro ability by the way.

Army needed -

1 General
2 Cavalry (any)
4 Samagotian Axemen
6 Followers
4 Archers (Baltic if you can, longer range helps immensely)

Optional (not included)-
3 Spearmen (Any, to deal with cavalry), place them behind the Axemen, and in front of the Followers.

*Note - Its best to use the General to lure the enemy, because the general CAN'T hide.

Lure the enemy AWAY from the ambush, so they expose their backs...simple.

K, heres where it gets confusing.

First thing - RUN YOUR ARCHERS BEHIND YOUR INFANTRY (Left)

Next, send your Followers (Red) Away from the conflict, so they get behind the enemy lines, then charge them into the rear of the enemy lines. They're incredible Light infantry, so they can outrun the Teutonic Order's heavy infantry-strong armies easily.

Send your Axemen DIRECTLY into the enemy lines, so they stop. They probably will die, but they can be recruited in ANY city (Villages even) because they can be trained at a basic Altar.

You need to time the charge of your Followers attack with the charge of once branch of your cavalry, while the other cavalry harass the portion of the enemy that went after the archers.

Have your (baltic if you can) Archers firing over the heads of your infantry (FIRE ARROWS). Your not aiming to kill, just to make them rout. You will win most of your battles through ROUT's, not killing people.

Once the first branch of the enemy force is defeated, just flood all your units at one or two enemy units in the other branch, once they rout, change units, and you'll have a full out panic in no time.

After this, just chase the routers down and its easy.

[This message has been edited by HereticPope (edited 08-08-2008 @ 09:21 PM).]

posted 08 August 2008 20:38 EDT (US)     6 / 47  
Hmmmm I guess it wouldn't be to hard if you played it right. I was never a big fan of HAs anyways.

Teutonic-1

Americas-2

Britannia-0

If this kind of voting keeps up I might even take Britannia campaign off the list. Not one of my favorites despite the inculsion of the Irish. Just kinda more of same campaign. Americas are actually very underated. Only thing is as most of the natives you have no cavalry so most of the enemy get away.

posted 08 August 2008 21:22 EDT (US)     7 / 47  
Updated above post.

And in America's, you have infantry that get the Fast Moving trait (Eagle Warriors). They're still slower than most cavalry, I believe they're SLIGHTLY slower than General's Bodyguards.
posted 09 August 2008 06:12 EDT (US)     8 / 47  
AMERICAS

Kind Regards
Willwoms

The walls shake at the noise of the horses, and of the wheels, and of the chariots
(¯`._.[ ]._.´¯)(¯`._.[ ]._.´¯)(¯`._.[ ]._.´¯)(¯`._.[ ]._.´¯)(¯`._.[ ]._.´¯)(¯`._.[ ]._.´¯)(¯`._.[ ]._.´¯)(¯`._.[ ]

How come I destroyed all of you then?
°o.O O.o°°o.O O.o°°o.O O.o°°o.O O.o°°o.O O.o°°o.O O.o°°o.O O.o°°o.O O.o°°o.O O.o°°o.O O.o°°o.O O.o°°o.O O.o°°o.O O.o°°o.0
posted 09 August 2008 08:47 EDT (US)     9 / 47  
Teutonic

I feel the same way I did after playing Stronghold 2 for about 15 minutes, like it was my birthday and all my friends had wheeled a giant birthday cake into the room, and I was filled with hopes dreams and desires when suddenly out of the cake pops out not a beautiful buxom maid, but a cranky old hobo that just shanks me then takes $60 dollars out of my pocket and walks away saying "deal, with it".
posted 09 August 2008 16:32 EDT (US)     10 / 47  
Britannia
posted 09 August 2008 20:24 EDT (US)     11 / 47  
I am going to throw in a vote for the Americas. Seeing the Apaches or Aztecs in action would be a very nice change of pace.

[This message has been edited by SubRosa (edited 08-09-2008 @ 08:24 PM).]

posted 09 August 2008 22:00 EDT (US)     12 / 47  
Sorry i haven't been able to reply quickly I haven't been home for the past 24 hours. But that strategy looks good might try it sometime.

Americas-4

Teutonic-2

Britannia-1

Looks like Americas is pulling into the lead. I will keep the poll open for two more days to everyones opinion. So at 10 pm monday night it is CLOSED.

Well it is now 5:45 and considering no one has pasoted in a while I'll just close poll now and get the voting started on the factions. I am going to stay away from the powerful and European factions like Aztecs, Mayans, Spain, ect. So the Factions are Tlaxcallans, Tarascans, Apachean Tribes, and Chichimec Tribes.

Tlaxcallans-0

Tarascans-0

Apacean Tribes-0

Chichimeca-0

[This message has been edited by TheCommisar (edited 08-11-2008 @ 05:53 PM).]

posted 12 August 2008 09:02 EDT (US)     13 / 47  
This is a bump go to earlier post.

posted 12 August 2008 09:36 EDT (US)     14 / 47  
me wants ape tribes.

I feel the same way I did after playing Stronghold 2 for about 15 minutes, like it was my birthday and all my friends had wheeled a giant birthday cake into the room, and I was filled with hopes dreams and desires when suddenly out of the cake pops out not a beautiful buxom maid, but a cranky old hobo that just shanks me then takes $60 dollars out of my pocket and walks away saying "deal, with it".
posted 12 August 2008 10:56 EDT (US)     15 / 47  
I vote for the Tlaxcallans

KeithLB- 85% German 10% Lithuanian 2.5% Irish and 2.5% English
posted 12 August 2008 11:12 EDT (US)     16 / 47  
Apache.

Cyclohexane - it's what's for dinner!
posted 12 August 2008 11:59 EDT (US)     17 / 47  
tlaxcallans

"Anything worth living for is worth fighting for, and anthing worth fighting for is worth living for."
Pontus AAR -discontinued
Macedonian AAR-discontinued
posted 12 August 2008 16:53 EDT (US)     18 / 47  
Sorry Stormer but you can't play as apes only humans . So thats 2 votes for Apachean Tribes and two votes for Tlaxcallans.

Apachean Tribes-2

Tlaxcallans-2

Tarascans-0

Chichimeca-0

posted 12 August 2008 17:24 EDT (US)     19 / 47  
I get you.

posted 12 August 2008 17:38 EDT (US)     20 / 47  
Heehee once i tried playing the Apacheans. My main general defected to rebels on the second turn.

Anyway, i vote Apaches

Britain, Britain, Britain!... We've had running water for over ten years and we invented the cat... - Tom Baker
To die in battle is nothing. To live defeated is to die every day. - Napoleon Bonaparte

MTW1 Sicily AAR - Finished 01/09/2008
2009 Snorri Sturlusson Award. Thanks
posted 12 August 2008 21:04 EDT (US)     21 / 47  
posted 13 August 2008 04:38 EDT (US)     22 / 47  
Tlaxcallans

This is not a signature.
posted 13 August 2008 09:19 EDT (US)     23 / 47  
Looks like the Apaches are pulling ahead. While the other native factions are fun to play as they just get bogged down with the lack of cavalry (except the Chichimeca they get horsemen lancers).

Apachean Tribes-4

Tlaxcalla-3

Tarascans-0

Chichimeca-0

posted 13 August 2008 09:21 EDT (US)     24 / 47  
Apaches

Nobody knows exactly where the entity known as Stephen Hill came from. He was found fully formed at the height of a storm and is believed to have come to Earth from a distant world where human qualities of fashion and beauty did not exist, which explains a lot. Constructed mostly of hatred and contempt, wrapped up in a pathetic human shell, Stephen comes fully equipped with his Antarian death coat, his Pen of Rage +2, and a variety of useful headgear
posted 13 August 2008 11:47 EDT (US)     25 / 47  
One more vote for the Apaches.

Apachan Tribes-5

Tlaxcallans-3

Tarascans-0

Chichimeca-0

If the Apaches get one or two more votes I'm gonna start the AAR as the Tlaxcallans won't have much of a chance to make a comeback.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum » M2TW Kingdoms: Apachean AAR
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames