Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Guild of the Skalds, Tips, Guides, and other References
posted 22 February 2011 05:09 EDT (US)   
Welcome.

Within these runes resides a portal to the Sage's Corner, where a scribbler seeking advice, tips, guides, or other references may go to consult the runes of masters past and present.

In the Sage's Corner one may find such wisdom as Night_Raider's Guide to writing a fine tale of adventure and battle.

Or learn how to write an AAR from the Mistress of the Art Subrosa herself in her illustrious Guide for AARs and posting screenshots.

Want to learn proper formatting and other tips of the trade, peruse Terikel's Tips for the Old One's opinions on the matter.

Do you wish to read completed tales of such quality that they have been enshrined and immortalized in our hallowed halls? Then pay a visit to the Guild of the Skalds, where such treasures are displayed for all to enjoy.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Replies:
posted 22 February 2011 05:37 EDT (US)     1 / 11  
Yeah, if you want to read a tale of such quality that it has been enshrined and immortalized in our rocking halls, pay a visit to the story of the Battle of Ilipa!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

I see you've done a great job on the "Sage's Corner", so good job.

"The difficulty is not so great to die for a friend, as to find a friend worth dying for." -Homer
"You see, this is what happens when you don't follow instructions, GKA..." -Edorix
Guild of the Skalds, Order of the Silver Quill, Apprentice Storyteller
Battle of Ilipa, 206BC - XI TWH Egil Skallagrimson Award

The word dyslexia was invented by Nazis to piss off kids with dyslexia.
posted 22 February 2011 07:50 EDT (US)     2 / 11  
Or any of the nineteen pieces to date from this author, nine from Master Skald Vasta, the awesome one from Mebert or the one from young Edorix. And the thirteen AARs from diverse authors also line the walls in glory.

If you are going to brag and gloat, do it correctly, please.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 02-22-2011 @ 07:51 AM).]

posted 22 February 2011 09:30 EDT (US)     3 / 11  
And what's wrong with their bragging and gloating about their own works themselves?

Mars and Jupiter observe this vow: when I get to your age, Terikel, I'm gonna have one-hundred-and-ninety pieces lining the walls in glory.

"The difficulty is not so great to die for a friend, as to find a friend worth dying for." -Homer
"You see, this is what happens when you don't follow instructions, GKA..." -Edorix

posted 23 February 2011 05:22 EDT (US)     4 / 11  
$1,000 (or other currency of your choice) you won't.

By the way Terikel, nice work finally integrating the various bardic infrastructures you've designed properly into the site. Very pro.

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 02-23-2011 @ 05:29 AM).]

posted 24 February 2011 05:20 EDT (US)     5 / 11  
How about Zimbabwean? (heyhey)

Well, since Mars and Jupiter are probably gone home to wherever they came from after God took over, a vow to them won't be much binding anyways...

And I too find it much better than the stuff we're used to seeing on the site these days.

posted 31 October 2011 08:44 EDT (US)     6 / 11  
A new applicant for the Guild: Legion of Hell. He is completed a multi-volume tale of more than sufficient length and quality to apply, and has done so. Email me with thy Ayes or thy Nays (including comments) within two weeks.

The decision shall fall upon the Ides of November.

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 11-06-2011 @ 05:34 AM).]

posted 15 November 2011 01:54 EDT (US)     7 / 11  
The Guild has spoken, and welcomes Legion of Hell into its ranks.

For his epic five-part series, Legion of Hell is hereby inducted into the Guild of the Skalds, as a Bard of the Order of the Silver Quill.

posted 15 November 2011 06:33 EDT (US)     8 / 11  
Congratulations Legion!

It's a great pleasure to have you onboard with us.

posted 04 March 2012 13:05 EDT (US)     9 / 11  
Noble Guildmaster and honorable guild members.

On this day, the fourth of March of the year 2012, I wish to submit my Seleucid Empire AAR for evaluation. That was probably my favorite campaign so far, and the one in which I developed many of my tactics and style. I hope you will find it worthy of induction!

.\/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
/\ingjianma/
|____
Proud Member of TWH since 2007 and AoKH since 2004
Seleucid AAR|Sarmatian AAR | Spain AAR
posted 05 March 2012 02:05 EDT (US)     10 / 11  
To the Guild:

A new applicant for the Guild: Xingjianma. He is completed a full AAR of a long campaign and exceeds the standard of quality to apply, and has done so.

Email me with thy Ayes or thy Nays (including comments) within two weeks.

The decision shall fall ten days before the Kalends of April. (21 March, for those not familair with Roman timekeeping.)

posted 04 March 2013 14:44 EDT (US)     11 / 11  
Welcome to the Guild, Xingjianma.

Sorry about taking so long- I was caught up in all kinds of shit, and nobody reminded me. Its no excuse, but well an explanation.

The Order of the Golden Palette welcomes its newest member.

Cheers!

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 03-04-2013 @ 02:45 PM).]

Total War Heaven » Forums » Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum » The Guild of the Skalds, Tips, Guides, and other References
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames