Please login or register

Rome Multiplayer Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: RTWH Ladder III - General
posted 07 January 2011 11:40 EDT (US)   
This is the third incarnation of the RTWH multiplayer ladder.

Relevant threads:

Use this thread for general discussion about the ladder, to report problems with it or disagreements. We will attempt to resolve any disputes or errors as quickly as we can.

How Rankings are Calculated
  • Everyone starts at 0. A heroic victory earns you 5 points, a clear victory 4, an average or close victory 3, a draw 2, an average, close defeat or a clear defeat 1 (for participation), and a crushing defeat 0.
  • Bonus points are awarded to the winner depending on the differences between the two players' tallies before the battle. If the winner started with more points than the loser, he gains no extra points. If he started with 0-5 points less, +2. If he started with 6-10 less, +3. If he started with 11-15 points less, +4. 16-20, +5; 21-25, +6, and so on.
  • If the necessity of breaking ties should arise, other factors will be taken into account and balanced at the discretion of the Laddermaster - me. For instance, a greater total participation will favour you if you are tied with another player; however, if that players has defeated you before, this consideration will outweigh the former, etc.

Suggestions for the ladder are always welcome!

If you wish to contact the administration privately, please do not try to contact me as I am no staff. Email Punic Hoplite, or one of the other moderators.

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 12-23-2011 @ 12:13 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 19 April 2011 12:05 EDT (US)     1 / 13  
    Warriors and warrioresses, welcome to the third re-incarnation of Rome Total War Heaven's infamous ladder.

posted 20 April 2011 20:42 EDT (US)     2 / 13  
    Time to sharpen our swords... And to find a way to get that wretched CD Key to bloody work.

"The difficulty is not so great to die for a friend, as to find a friend worth dying for." -Homer
    "You see, this is what happens when you don't follow instructions, GKA..." -Edorix
    Guild of the Skalds, Order of the Silver Quill, Apprentice Storyteller
    Battle of Ilipa, 206BC - XI TWH Egil Skallagrimson Award

The word dyslexia was invented by Nazis to piss off kids with dyslexia.
    posted 21 April 2011 04:29 EDT (US)     3 / 13  
    Hi! I was wondering, is there a way to change my gamespy ID because currently, it is totally unrelated to my forum name.
    posted 03 May 2011 16:00 EDT (US)     4 / 13  
    Great stuff

[This message has been edited by Liam_the_Spartan (edited 07-30-2011 @ 12:45 PM).]

posted 30 July 2011 13:10 EDT (US)     5 / 13  
    err, can I join although it's already started?
    Liamidas wants our game later to count on this, and it looks cool.

Gamespy - Generalscruff
    email - thomouse6396@googlemail.com
    skype - thomasrandall6396

But I won't go to England due to the prescence of scruffy in shottingham. - Scenter102
    This is Scruff we are talking about. I can't think of anything I don't see Scruff doing just for the hell of it. - Agrippa 271
    The cake was made by Scruffy and it was... a rude shape. - Liam
    monkey in a suit on a cycle - Scenter102 describing Scruffy

[This message has been edited by Generalscruff (edited 07-30-2011 @ 01:13 PM).]

posted 31 July 2011 11:53 EDT (US)     6 / 13  
    Signups thread is here. Added.

Also fixed a dozen-odd links which only worked 50% of the time. If you spot any more, please let me know.

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 07-31-2011 @ 12:15 PM).]

posted 10 August 2011 13:06 EDT (US)     7 / 13  
    Ladder Game Records and Standings updated.

Oh, and I worked out how to change the Top 5 on the front page as well.
    How Rankings are Calculated
  • Everyone starts at 0. A heroic victory earns you 5 points, a clear victory 4, a close victory 3, a draw 2, a close defeat or a clear defeat 1 (for participation), and a crushing defeat 0.
  • Bonus points are awarded to the winner depending on the differences between the two players' tallies before the battle. If the winner started with more points than the loser, he gains no extra points. If he started with 0-5 points less, +2. If he started with 6-10 less, +3. If he started with 11-15 points less, +4. If he started with more than fifteen points less, +5.
  • If the necessity of breaking ties should arise, other factors will be taken into account and balanced at the discretion of the Laddermaster - me. For instance, a greater total participation will favour you if you are tied with another player; however, if that players has defeated you before, this consideration will outweigh the former, etc.
  • Punic Hoplite and Liamidas were tied for first place, but in accordance with 3) above, Punic is currently running champion.

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 08-10-2011 @ 01:16 PM).]

posted 12 August 2011 13:13 EDT (US)     8 / 13  
    What would Average victory/defeat achieve?

I don't think draws are possible in MP battles, at least I have never experienced one. So you may be able to sort something out there, unless you just classify it as the same as, say, a close victory?
    posted 12 August 2011 16:29 EDT (US)     9 / 13  
    Average is indeed the same as close. Sorry, missed that. It was in a previous draft though. I wasn't sure if you could have draws either, so I left them in just in case.

EDIT: and Liam clearly takes the lead, shooting well ahead of the RTWH Clan Champion!

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 08-13-2011 @ 04:01 AM).]

posted 18 August 2011 08:58 EDT (US)     10 / 13  
    I should have 29 points, not 30.

And the games played- games won ratio doesn't add up
    posted 18 August 2011 10:50 EDT (US)     11 / 13  
    I have recalculated all the rankings and they should now be correct. I will send you the spreadsheet Liam.

posted 18 August 2011 12:16 EDT (US)     12 / 13  
    Damn work. Keeping me from playing RTW. What is wrong with them?!?!?!?

Now to play catch up.

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
    posted 18 August 2011 12:39 EDT (US)     13 / 13  
    You only work at a Maccy D's. quit. like a BAWWS

But I won't go to England due to the prescence of scruffy in shottingham. - Scenter102
    This is Scruff we are talking about. I can't think of anything I don't see Scruff doing just for the hell of it. - Agrippa 271
    The cake was made by Scruffy and it was... a rude shape. - Liam
    monkey in a suit on a cycle - Scenter102 describing Scruffy
    Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome Multiplayer Discussion » RTWH Ladder III - General
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Total War Heaven | HeavenGames