You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome Multiplayer Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: multiplayer stil available?
posted 03 April 2015 05:31 EDT (US)   
howdy,

reinstalled recently, but i can't get into the multiplayer mode.
says "failed to log on" when entering online battles..

i have an original copy & played multiplayer in the past, so i was wondering if multiplayer servers are still being supported?

thnx
Replies:
posted 03 April 2015 06:58 EDT (US)     1 / 3  
Hail and welcome, flaggelant!

The Gamespy servers closed down a while back. Supposedly they are not necessary to find players or fight battles. They just made it more convenient.

I never got around to playing multiplayer, so hopefully somebody who knows the drill could pop by and offer some tips on how to hook up a battle or two.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
posted 03 April 2015 07:13 EDT (US)     2 / 3  
thnx for the quick response, sure hope there's still something of a community left, because i used to enjoy the well rounded cwb battles more than the campaigns.

so if anyone has locations or servers or whatever works nowadays, pop by & spread the word plz
posted 04 April 2015 04:35 EDT (US)     3 / 3  
I checked about a bit.

It seems Steam might have a multiplayer patch put in their versions- but the details are so sketchy right now I would not recommend doing anything other than looking into the matter.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome Multiplayer Discussion » multiplayer stil available?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames