Barbarian Invasion Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Goths All Factions 2.4 released
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 10 April 2006 15:37 EDT (US)   
2.4 features All new skins and models reshaded for maximum battlefield realism and total game rebalancing.
Theres too much to list here. If you want to try it download it from the link below
http://www.g-unleashed.com/index.php?cat=34&pid=634&page=goth's_bi_mod

Patch 2.4.1 fixes some minor bugs with 2.4 use this link to get to the download
http://forums.rometotalrealism.org/index.php?showtopic=18386&st=0

screenshots here

[JPEG, (195.83 KB)]
<a href="http://forums.heavengames.com/redir/http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/8200/00631en.jpg" target=_blank>[JPEG, (199.11 KB)]</a>
<a href="http://forums.heavengames.com/redir/http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/7527/00641oj.jpg" target=_blank>[JPEG, (183.06 KB)]</a>

<a href="http://forums.heavengames.com/redir/http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/7049/00848oj.jpg" target=_blank>[JPEG, (190.41 KB)]</a>

Hope you like it
Goth

[This message has been edited by Goth (edited 04-17-2006 @ 12:20 PM).]

Replies:
posted 10 April 2006 16:54 EDT (US)     1 / 35  
Nice man, looks good. I enjoyed the last version alot, aside from the fact that the Celtic general bodyguard had a swastica(sp?) on it's shield. Can I ask what that was about?

WWW.C3LL.NET - War is C3ll
Official RTWH Spelling Enforcement Officer
Voted The Most Normal Looking Forumer, 2005
The saddest sight in all the world is a battle lost. The second saddest sight is a battle won.
posted 10 April 2006 18:58 EDT (US)     2 / 35  
That was a skin made by Atilla Reloaded so he would be better to answer that one, all I can say is that what we today call a swastika and associate with nazism , was in ancient times a symbol that had nothing to do with any form of racism etc. I am not sure what the symbol meant in Ancient times but I am sure Atilla has meant no offence to aanyone by including it on a shield pattern.
posted 10 April 2006 19:44 EDT (US)     3 / 35  
No probs Goth. I figured as much, and it didn't offend me, I was just wondering. Keep up the good work.

WWW.C3LL.NET - War is C3ll
Official RTWH Spelling Enforcement Officer
Voted The Most Normal Looking Forumer, 2005
The saddest sight in all the world is a battle lost. The second saddest sight is a battle won.
posted 10 April 2006 23:23 EDT (US)     4 / 35  
Swastika

You can read up on it a little bit here. Thats actually the Indian term for that symbol.

http://history1900s.about.com/cs/swastika/a/swastikahistory.htm

In many cultures this symbol has to do with peace not racism/nazi's. Its a cool looking symbol i think, to bad nazi's had to use it

And those screenshots look nice I will try this out soon as im done with my Romano-Brit game.

posted 11 April 2006 02:29 EDT (US)     5 / 35  
Youre right, the swastika is originally not a bad thing. In fact Carlsberg (or was it Tuborg), used to have it for their logo until the 30īs when they felt it got too much negative publicity (understandably). Nice skins by the way. I like the work on the berserkers.
posted 11 April 2006 08:40 EDT (US)     6 / 35  
goth - great screen shots.

techie question - what graphics card / settings do you use?

second techie question - does the all factions 2.4 mod conflict or work with bug-fixer 3.20 from player1 total?

(am downloading the mod in the background - will let you know results of testing 2 in due course!)

posted 11 April 2006 09:28 EDT (US)     7 / 35  
This is awesome! *drools*

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460
posted 11 April 2006 23:15 EDT (US)     8 / 35  
Hey, I click the start main campaign button and it tells me to 'select from the list'. Basically I can't play the campaign.

| Dawn of Fantasy | A new innovative fantasy RTS from | Reverie World Studios LLC |
Come join us on our | Forums | as we release more information on our game.
"...It might take two to tango, but only one to spam..." - Legion
"I'm not small, I'm space-efficient." - RLC
posted 12 April 2006 02:47 EDT (US)     9 / 35  
To Rozanov
I have a leadtek6600gt and am playing in 1024x768x16 in both campaign and battle mode. Units are set to large and unit detail to highest. Anti aliasing is turned off as I cant take screen shots with it turned on.
Sorry but I dont know if it works with Bugfixer

to markus
Thanks mate, I hope you enjoy the game

to hamster of doom
Dont panic hamster, you have probably installed it wrong, there are 2 folders in the download, Bi and data , copy both into the rome total war directory, dont copy data into the bi directory. this is more than likely your problem. Also you need a clean install of bi that has been patched to 1.6. If you are still having problems then post here again and I will try to help further

Goth

posted 12 April 2006 06:23 EDT (US)     10 / 35  
Goth - thanks for info. i'm using an fx5200 - just moved it up from 1024x768x16 to 1024x768x32 to see if there's much difference - haven't finished downloading the file 2.4 file yet as on dial-up (luckily not pay-per-minute!)

and for those thinking of downloading this - it's a 68MB file so might take a while if you haven't got broadband.

and for those who access here from libraries, cybercafes etc - you'll need to find someone to download it for you.

posted 12 April 2006 08:28 EDT (US)     11 / 35  

Quote:

68MB

Is that ALL?!?
I might be able to fit it on a floppy then...

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460
posted 13 April 2006 09:20 EDT (US)     12 / 35  
well eventually downloaded all factions mod.

(took about 8 hours!)

then had the fun of installing it. seems simple - but the directory structure and the way windows copies files had me confused for a while. (kept putting the files a level lower down the structure but eventually got it right.)

OK assuming it was installed properly (and it was on vanilla gold edition) problems:

well i got a CTD after about 12 /15 turns - clicked the end turn symbol and plonk - desktop, RTW-BI not even runnning. killed stone dead. reloaded the autosave and it did the same at the end of the turn.

the quality of the new skins is very good and work well. there's new units for the romans which i didn't get too close a look at as i was too busy fighting them.

started campaigns as slavs and lombards so that works.

the new settlements seem to work OK - but would need to do extensive testing to check them all out.

the description of the equites cataphractae (sp?) had no weapons / armour stats - just "?". also the description was of a rider and horse covered in armour but the picture had a horse with no armour.

i've uninstalled the mod for the time being as i'm also testing bug-fixer and i suspect that the two might interfere with eachother.

be interested on hearing other people's experiences with this mod.

posted 13 April 2006 14:10 EDT (US)     13 / 35  
In the install instructions it does say to install on a clean install of bi patched to 1.6(which i assume gold is). It is worthwhile attempting to test the mod with other mods previously installed(bugfixer in this case) but i would say the chances of success are low. I have tested the game for 3 days solid (with the hotfix installed)without a single CTD.

Goth

[This message has been edited by Goth (edited 04-13-2006 @ 02:14 PM).]

posted 17 April 2006 10:12 EDT (US)     14 / 35  
Hang on... forgive me if I'm a bit slow, but is this for RTW of RTR?

posted 17 April 2006 12:17 EDT (US)     15 / 35  
Its for Barbarian Invasion

Patch 2.4.1 is out, it fixes some minor bugs with 2.4
Use this link to get to the download
http://forums.rometotalrealism.org/index.php?showtopic=18386&st=0

extract and copy\paste into your bi\data folder
This includes the previuos hotfix for ERE Clibinarii
other things fixed
1 made comitatenses Armatus recruitable for ERE (they were only available in custom battle before)
2 deleted officer from mercenary steppe swordsmen(wrong officer was showing)
3 added sprites for ERE Equites Sagitarii
4 added missing textures and sprites for slave chosen warlords and barbarian cavalry(caused CTD)
5 made coastal levies and pedits recruitable on the continent for Romano British(British Legionaries
can still be recruited only on mainland Britain though)
6 Gave Romano British Ballistae and Onagers in later archery buildings
7 Foederati Cavalry can now be recruited in Hippodrome and circus maximus
8 amended text for hunnic port

Thanks
Goth

posted 17 April 2006 13:31 EDT (US)     16 / 35  
Do you have to download 2.4 before you can download 2.4.1?

posted 17 April 2006 16:11 EDT (US)     17 / 35  
yes 2.4.1 is a patch for 2.4, if you install 2.4.1 first and then 2.4 you will still have the bugs. Are you having problems downloading 2.4?

Goth

posted 18 April 2006 09:01 EDT (US)     18 / 35  
No, it's just that I haven't downloaded yet. I was just wondering if you had to install 2.4 as a base for 2.4.1.

posted 18 April 2006 11:11 EDT (US)     19 / 35  
Yes you need 2.4 first, its a 68meg download. patch 2.4.1 is only 83k
Thanks marcus
Goth
posted 20 April 2006 20:49 EDT (US)     20 / 35  
Sorry, having a blond day, what you you do with the patch? I stuck it in the data folder, but was I supposed to put those individual doculments somewhere as well, or just leave them separate.
posted 21 April 2006 02:48 EDT (US)     21 / 35  
you need to paste the patch files into the bi\data folder

Good luck
Goth

posted 06 May 2006 04:14 EDT (US)     22 / 35  
Consistant CTDs in big games. I had to drop back from huge to large and it still happens about every second battle with over 2,000 per side. It woiuld be nice if the Sassanids had a couple calavry stables at the start as they have to wait 9 turns before they can retrain or raise their heaviest cavalry.
posted 07 May 2006 12:56 EDT (US)     23 / 35  
is this any good?

EDIT: do you need any other mods downloaded for it?
is there a web site where I can see eveyr thing done?
does it work well
does it cause any sort of choppiness?

"It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good." Jack Nicholson

[This message has been edited by misplacedgeneral (edited 05-07-2006 @ 01:03 PM).]

posted 07 May 2006 15:32 EDT (US)     24 / 35  
When I go to put the data and bi folders in the main RTW folder, It asks nme if I want to replace the current one, which I obviously don't. Is there a way round this?

posted 07 May 2006 16:14 EDT (US)     25 / 35  

Quote:

is this any good?
EDIT: do you need any other mods downloaded for it?
is there a web site where I can see eveyr thing done?
does it work well
does it cause any sort of choppiness?

Except for the crashing, very nice, i do have a quite limited PC though.

BI patched to 1.6.

Apart from a strangely dark and contrasty screen it seems to run fine. My only issue with it was that it consistently crashed with very large battles.

The map includes many new cities and new skins for everybody, plus loads of new units for the Sassanids at least. You will be disapointed if you are fan of the Sarmations or Roxlani as they lose all of their virgin units without anthing replacing them so they have practically no infantry.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » Barbarian Invasion Discussion » Goths All Factions 2.4 released
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames