You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Barbarian Invasion Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Gee commander, we've been lied to...
posted 15 July 2006 11:54 EDT (US)   
Pardon the cheesy name but that's what I thought when I saw what was going on here:

If you see closely, the franks have a ballista tower inside the city. Lots of my troops were killed later on because I couldn't take over the arrow towers on the left hand side and whenever I tried, my troops got slaughtered by that damn thing firing its ballistae.
Though it could have been lot worse, the tower could've been facing my troops head on... Christmas come early for the Franks wasn't it?

Also, you can post all those screen shots that you think should be shared either because they are a testament to your skill... or are simply too outrageous. RTW, BI or ATW it doesn't matter.

Next [h/h, I think]:

Take that you rebellious [bad word]... who's the man now, punk

My 10 star hero.
As you can see all my other troops are missile troops and the general has to do the main job himself. No, I am not crazy...

Proud Recepient of the BFME2 Heaven Best Location Award.

[This message has been edited by Elven Sniper (edited 07-15-2006 @ 07:13 PM).]

Replies:
posted 15 July 2006 12:58 EDT (US)     1 / 9  
how the heck did that happen!?

"The best defense is a good offense" -I Forget
" in battle, if you know you cannot beat your enemy, give him mean looks and act like you're about to do something heroic. it might scare him into doing something stupid. If not, act like you died"
- Me
posted 15 July 2006 19:06 EDT (US)     2 / 9  

Quote:

how the heck did that happen!?

No idea mate. Has something like this ever happened to you? When I saw this I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry.

posted 15 July 2006 20:51 EDT (US)     3 / 9  
Yeah, thats pretty weird.

On a side note, is Hasdrubal that awesome on every game? Mine had 10 command 3 management and 10 influence.

He conquered Italy with only half a stack. Now His son, Bisaltes the cold hearted, carries on his leqacy with 9 command, 2 management, and 6 influence.

"I must not only punish, but punish with impunity. A wrong is unredressed when retribution overtakes its redresser. It is equally unredressed when the avenger fails to make himself felt as such to him who has done the wrong. "-Edgar Allan Poe

Tsar Wars

My Russia HSR
posted 15 July 2006 21:14 EDT (US)     4 / 9  
I think because the Carths face so many attacks by the Romans the Generals come "fully-loaded". Plus they are the supposed to be the hardest to play so maybe that too.

I don't have any data to back this up though, its just a theory...

posted 17 July 2006 03:17 EDT (US)     5 / 9  

Quote:

I don't have any data to back this up though, its just a theory...

Someone put forward the same theory about the Dacians in a recent thread.

Quote:

If you see closely, the franks have a ballista tower inside the city

A Glitch? Like when my troops refuse to get inside the tower because they would rather go around in circles at its base, you can't move them anywhere then. Happens to me all to often.

Help me to tally the forums belief patterns, vote in my poll

Tally so far:-
Agnostics:18
Atheists:28
Theists:42

[This message has been edited by THANATOS (edited 07-17-2006 @ 03:19 AM).]

posted 17 July 2006 08:40 EDT (US)     6 / 9  
Post that tower picture in the discussions section, it'll get more views.

"It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good." Jack Nicholson
posted 17 July 2006 21:46 EDT (US)     7 / 9  
Btw, have you given this screenshot to GOS? For the funny screenshot category?

Help me to tally the forums belief patterns, vote in my poll

Tally so far:-
Agnostics:18
Atheists:28
Theists:42
posted 17 July 2006 23:38 EDT (US)     8 / 9  

Quote:

Btw, have you given this screenshot to GOS? For the funny screenshot category?

Sorry, err umm elaborate pplease... sorry I am a little in the headlights right now...

Quote:

A Glitch? Like when my troops refuse to get inside the tower because they would rather go around in circles at its base, you can't move them anywhere then. Happens to me all to often.

Yeah I have that too, often [not so often now] I used to attack with just one tower to get over with the seige quickly, and all I would get these ducks running around the tower's base playing ringa-ringa-roses...

[This message has been edited by Elven Sniper (edited 07-18-2006 @ 00:28 AM).]

posted 18 July 2006 09:30 EDT (US)     9 / 9  

Quote:

Sorry, err umm elaborate pplease... sorry I am a little in the headlights right now...

He's asking you to send the screenshot to GloryOfSparta so that it can be posted up in the Toons section.

Total War Heaven » Forums » Barbarian Invasion Discussion » Gee commander, we've been lied to...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames