Please login or register

Medieval 2: Total War Discussion
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Change settlement names
posted 20 September 2010 23:03 EDT (US)   
I've been told that you can change the settlement names in game if so how do i do it?

what man is a man who does not try to make the world a better place
Replies:
posted 21 September 2010 00:05 EDT (US)     1 / 7  
If you have retrofit mod installed then you go into the settlement scroll and click on the name at the top. You should then be able to type in what you want.

I will fight for Total War Heaven.

Will You?
posted 21 September 2010 04:44 EDT (US)     2 / 7  
Yes, Monty's right. You also need it to be running on the Kingdoms engine rather than vanilla, if I remember rightly.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
posted 21 September 2010 07:29 EDT (US)     3 / 7  
You need kingdoms for retrofit so that goes without saying. Also if you would rather not download retrofit I'm sure there is some way to modify the descr_strat files to name settlements differently.

I will fight for Total War Heaven.

Will You?
posted 21 September 2010 20:10 EDT (US)     4 / 7  
and where would i download this retrofit mod?

what man is a man who does not try to make the world a better place
posted 22 September 2010 13:15 EDT (US)     5 / 7  
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=118680
There 'tis - it just happens to be the only requirement to join in on a certain hotseat game running through this forum that's stalled due to needing a player (the current volunteers for Turkey all seeming to have technical issues).

Once you're on any Kingdoms based mod (including the standard Kingdoms campaigns) to edit a settlement name just open up the settlement details (it can be on building or recruitment) and just click on the name at the top of the scroll and start typing.

If you're in a hotseat you can change the faction name too (via the diplomacy menu), you don't seem to be able to do that for single player games though (I think).
posted 03 October 2010 07:20 EDT (US)     6 / 7  
Have you no shame Swampy? Blatant advertising! The poor guy just wants to rename Constantinople as Istanbul and you are recruiting! Huh! Things certainly haven't changed much around here!

60% of people use dodgy statistics in things such as forum signatures. Post this if you are part of the 50% who don't.
posted 03 October 2010 09:18 EDT (US)     7 / 7  
i said i would, but dont have the save, just checking my emails to see if i have it now :P

This is my sig, don't diss it. It's the best sig in the world.

Please copy this into your sig if you just want to have a random comment in there.
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2: Total War Discussion » Change settlement names
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames