Medieval 2: Total War Discussion
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: M2TW Podcast favourite faction and unit poll
posted 19 March 2013 06:14 EDT (US)   
Hey all
The next Podcast episode will feature on M2TW, So i am settin gup this Thread to get your ideas and poll on Favourite Unit and faction. So comment with yours and why and you may be featured in the Podcast!

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
Replies:
posted 19 March 2013 14:23 EDT (US)     1 / 4  
I'm torn, I like serpentines - they're the best cannon as far as I'm concerned, the larger ones are a bit over blown with their 'look at me' explosions and the smaller ones look a bit too basic and dull, serpentines are just right for standing there and going 'bang' a lot. They change the way you fight too I find.
Two handed sword units are fun too, again not always especially useful but the HRE's ones in particular look quite jolly.
I'll vote for serpentines I think.

Terikel has proved a popular unit, and faction I think, in the last couple of forum awards.

Inspired by TotalwarLegend's peasant campaign I'm currently trying an England campaign only recruiting billmen - learning that they really do struggle in quite a lot of situations and also that perhaps I should have left Nottingham as a castle so that I could actually recruit the blighters somewhere other than Caen. After I finish that (one way or the other, France is trying to make it the other) I might try an HRE campaign with only two-handed units (allowing for the strapline "you've got two-hand it to them" or similar) say zweihanders, forlorn hope and halberds only.
posted 19 March 2013 15:20 EDT (US)     2 / 4  
They're not the best, but Italian cavalry militia have win me a fair number of battles online. Sure, they have bad morale but they have enough armour and crucially charge to make up for it unlike their northern cousins. The enemy completely underestimates them online, and I have a replay in the downloads section where they went almost toe to toe with tsar's guard and with a bit of clever running managed to defeat them and the rest of the army.
Just keep your general close.

Faction wise Teutonic order in kingdoms-the dark feel, the religious mechanics, the dreaded ritterbruder... It felt like you were grim crusaders on a mission

Any words on mods needed?

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
posted 19 March 2013 15:23 EDT (US)     3 / 4  
Sure! can always include it if i lack content(but shouldnt be a problem )

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
posted 21 March 2013 07:01 EDT (US)     4 / 4  
Well, my favourite unit is the Italian Spear Militia. It is one of the few early units that can still be used during the late game. It's reasonably priced, large and has free upkeep in cities, while it as the potential to form the backbone of your army. In fact, such units have saved my ass many times in the campaign.

As for factions, the Kingdom of Jerusalem in Kingdoms is by far my favourite one. Good starting position, good generals, excellent heavy infantry and heavy cavalry and the possibility of strong economy.

Invincibility lies in defence, while the possibility of victory in the attack -Sun Tzu
Akouson me, pataxon de (hit me, but first listen to me)-Themistocles to Euribiadis prior to the battle of Salamis.
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2: Total War Discussion » M2TW Podcast favourite faction and unit poll
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames