You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2: Total War Discussion
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: How to reach Crusade targets?
posted 17 June 2013 06:28 EDT (US)   
Hello. I played RTW and I liked it a lot, now I started an English campaign in M2TW. I got in good relations with the Pope and called for a Crusade in Corduba which is pretty close to England. But how am I supposed to reach a city in the East, like Jerusalem for example? Won't the Crusade end before I get there?
Replies:
posted 17 June 2013 08:00 EDT (US)     1 / 4  
The crusade won't end before a faction that joined the crusade conquers the city. So don't worry...

Invincibility lies in defence, while the possibility of victory in the attack -Sun Tzu
Akouson me, pataxon de (hit me, but first listen to me)-Themistocles to Euribiadis prior to the battle of Salamis.
posted 17 June 2013 08:17 EDT (US)     2 / 4  
Well yeah, but what if they conquer it?
posted 17 June 2013 13:05 EDT (US)     3 / 4  
It can happen, but the AI usually takes its time so especially if you can do decent stretches by sea you should have a fighting chance - perhaps don't get too excited if you join on the tenth possible turn after lots of other factions joined early on.

If you do turn up a little late then you can still have a fun time with your armies given the crusade target has just been battered a bit and will still have benefited from free upkeep and an experience bonus
posted 18 June 2013 05:17 EDT (US)     4 / 4  
Just happened to me yesterday. The Pope called for a Crusade in a city East from the Black Sea. I joined the next turn and the Hungarians took it in like five-six turns
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2: Total War Discussion » How to reach Crusade targets?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames