You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Hotseat Camp for Vanilla M2TW (for ppl who don't own kingdoms) (Hotseat D)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 27 April 2009 21:06 EDT (US)   
Now you may say that you can't do hotseat on vanilla m2tw without kingdoms but I found that u can. So i'm sending out a message to ppl who don't own kingdoms that if you want to play a hotseat camp I'd be willing to join in. If you want to do hotseat, go to ur medieval folder go to medieval.cfg and edit the hotseat part to look like this. Truly you only need this to start your own hotseat game, and it shouldn't matter.

[multiplayer]
playable = true

[hotseat]
autoresolve_battles = 1
disable_console = 0
disable_papal_elections = 1
save_prefs = 1
update_ai_camera = 0
validate_diplomacy = 1

So if you wish to try I'm just saying i'd be willing to join you.

Update:

Hoppylyte - groundmeat1@live.ca - France

Fihri - jdmceach50@hotmail.com - Venice

Brutiangodofrock - Dicky_Johns@hotmail.com - Egypt

The Crat - edovb@live.nl - Portugal

WarlordofMen - highelf_warrior@yahoo.com - Poland

[This message has been edited by WarlordofMen (edited 05-16-2009 @ 10:03 PM).]

Replies:
posted 28 April 2009 14:14 EDT (US)     1 / 89  
If others are interested too i'll join!
posted 28 April 2009 14:47 EDT (US)     2 / 89  
Ditto . Also, for my faction of choice shall be...either England or Milan.

Think you're a hotshot against the Mongols? Go to the Mongolphobia mod discussions and download the mod, then, you will surely tremble with fear in the face of the Mongols. If you have suggestions/questions, feel free to make a thread. You can download Mongolphobia here. Good luck.

“Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes.” -Unknown

Read my AAR/Story "The Battle of the Bridge" here!
posted 28 April 2009 16:50 EDT (US)     3 / 89  
Hmm, i might try something new... Sicily? Hungary? Papal States? :P
posted 28 April 2009 17:50 EDT (US)     4 / 89  
lol don't do Papal states u'll go bankrupt in a matter of turns. I'll choose who I am depending on what factions are chosen cause im ok at all factions.

How many ppl are we going for? Because im not sure 3 is enough but it might be and like 8 then we don't have enough space. So yeah you tell me XD
posted 28 April 2009 18:28 EDT (US)     5 / 89  
A hotseat can be played with 2 people...In fact, the fewer the better. I think 4 would be enough. Also, Brutian, I would not recommend an Italian faction...for reasons you might know already. We need to find one more person and we shall have enough. The more we have, the more dreadfully slower the game gets. Also, what are your timezones? I'm Central American time.

My faction shall be Milan.

Think you're a hotshot against the Mongols? Go to the Mongolphobia mod discussions and download the mod, then, you will surely tremble with fear in the face of the Mongols. If you have suggestions/questions, feel free to make a thread. You can download Mongolphobia here. Good luck.

“Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes.” -Unknown

posted 28 April 2009 19:06 EDT (US)     6 / 89  
I'm in Central Time for USA . ..
I may also be a bit slow because of school but it probably shouldn't slow me to much down.

I think I'll be Denmark XD
posted 29 April 2009 12:47 EDT (US)     7 / 89  
I wasn't actually considering Papal States, i've already got one of them going... I guess i will be Hungary then. I hope they are good... (And easy XD)

i agree, 4 players would most probably be enough. However we will also need someone to start it for us. Also we need to decide on a difficulty =/.

Oh and i'm on Greenwich Mean Time i beleive? The UK is GMT isnt it? XD
posted 29 April 2009 18:08 EDT (US)     8 / 89  
yes we need a difficulty i'd say a harder campaign then battle cause we gotta do autoresolve so its fair

we also need a 4th player
I can start it unless someone else would like to

can we start like next week cause i've got a huge project due at the beginning of next week so i'll be free once its over XD
posted 29 April 2009 18:09 EDT (US)     9 / 89  
I'll start it, and we need someone to keep the passwords.

Everyone, post your emails too. Mine is glaciergirl14@yahoo. com

[This message has been edited by Glacier_Girl (edited 04-29-2009 @ 06:10 PM).]

posted 29 April 2009 18:50 EDT (US)     10 / 89  
Actually i'll give Spain a shot. Dicky_Johns@hotmail. com.

Even though exams are close im sure i can manage a period of time to take my turn and post it here before sending it to the next person.

C'mon someone! Join us

[This message has been edited by Brutiangodofrock (edited 04-29-2009 @ 06:52 PM).]

posted 29 April 2009 20:19 EDT (US)     11 / 89  
im highelf_warrior@yahoo.com and the person who starts has to be brutiangodrock if he plays spain unless someone chooses england or france because the comp has the human players go in order of faction compared to the normal faction order
posted 29 April 2009 20:38 EDT (US)     12 / 89  
If you guys want, I can play a hotseat. I don't have any exams or anything. If I can play, I'd like to be Byzantium.
posted 29 April 2009 20:39 EDT (US)     13 / 89  
All right. So far.

Brutiangodofrock - Dicky_Johns@hotmail.com - Spain

Glacier Girl - glaciergirl14@yahoo.com - Milan

WarlordofMen - highelf_warrior@yahoo.com - Denmark

Hoppylyte - ??????????????????????? - Byzantium

[This message has been edited by Glacier_Girl (edited 04-30-2009 @ 05:47 PM).]

posted 29 April 2009 21:25 EDT (US)     14 / 89  
Er, glacier. Didn't you see that post above yours?
posted 29 April 2009 21:43 EDT (US)     15 / 89  
lol no she's ok i just updated it so its easier to see XD

shes perfectly fine

Edit:

O.o nvm
i'm blind too XD

[This message has been edited by WarlordofMen (edited 04-29-2009 @ 09:44 PM).]

posted 30 April 2009 08:09 EDT (US)     16 / 89  
Need Hoppylyte's email and Warlordofmen's faction.

posted 30 April 2009 13:25 EDT (US)     17 / 89  
Seems Warlord is playing as Denmark.

Kk i've edited preferences so i'm ready to begin. We just need Hoppylyte's email.
posted 30 April 2009 18:33 EDT (US)     18 / 89  
groundmeat1@hotmail.com

I'm sure this will prove to be an interesting hotseat.

Edit: Er, I'm not really sure how to do the medieval.cfg editing thing. I bought the gold version so when I go to my medieval folder and look for a medieval.cfg the closest thing I can find is a medieval2.preference.cfg

Whenever I attempt to open this file to edit it windows explorer responds with a "windows cannot open this file, to open this file windows needs to know what program you use to open it." Halp me please?

Edit 2: When I open the file using note pad I already have the

[hotseat]
autoresolve_battles = 1
disable_console = 1
disable_papal_elections = 1
save_prefs = 1
update_ai_camera = 0
validate_diplomacy = 1

Does this mean I just play this hotseat like a normal one with kingdoms?

[This message has been edited by Hoppylyte (edited 04-30-2009 @ 06:41 PM).]

posted 30 April 2009 18:45 EDT (US)     19 / 89  

Hoppylyte - groundmeat1@hotmail.com - Byzantium

posted 30 April 2009 18:45 EDT (US)     20 / 89  
@Hoppylyte, I too, have the Gold edition and I too, simply edited that file.

posted 30 April 2009 18:47 EDT (US)     21 / 89  
well for one

u need to put

[multiplayer]
playable = true

in front of it
and that is only needed if u want to start the game once u have the save u don't need to change this in the medieval.preferences.cfg

i think it plays just like kingdoms, since i don't own kingdoms I'm guessing

Update:

Hoppylyte - groundmeat1@hotmail.com - France

[This message has been edited by WarlordofMen (edited 05-01-2009 @ 08:12 PM).]

posted 30 April 2009 23:31 EDT (US)     22 / 89  
So... basiclly as long as I don't need to start a whole new hotseat then I don't need to bother changing it then? Byzantium is near the back of the factions so I don't think I'll have to worry about that.
posted 01 May 2009 02:00 EDT (US)     23 / 89  
Just wanna drop by and say that picking factions that are placed too far apart tends to become a bit boring later on though. Too little tension.

If you guys are thrill-seekers then the ideal factions should be France-HRE-Milan-Denmark, hehehe.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 05-01-2009 @ 02:03 AM).]

posted 01 May 2009 11:56 EDT (US)     24 / 89  
As you wish Bandito, do you guys mind if I switch to France? I'll be more then willing to start the hotseat campaign.
posted 01 May 2009 12:33 EDT (US)     25 / 89  
I'm fine with you changing Hoppy, And now i am drawn more into the equation with only a couple mountains between us!
I'm looking forward to this now :P.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » Hotseat Camp for Vanilla M2TW (for ppl who don't own kingdoms) (Hotseat D)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames