You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Monty 501's England (hotseat F)
posted 29 May 2009 22:27 EDT (US)   
Yay we have restarted. I have all my poblems sorted out with my computer so now I can play hotseats yay.

The order is:
Anadyr: France
Glacier_Girl: Milan
Brutiangodofrock: Scotland
Hoppylyte: The Turks
Me: Hungary

If any of these players are reading this please read the message below.

Old post from before we restarted.

The order is:

Monty501 (England) Thant's me =}
The Crat (venice)
Glacier_Girl (Milan)
Brutiangodofrock (scotland, gulp)

If these players look any futher than this I will personaly hang draw and quater them then burn there bodys and scatter the ashes to the four winds!

Any advise would be grately apreciated

Turn 1

This is the first turn of my game unfortunatley my computer is being a ninconoop and isn't working with screenshots so I apologise for that but hope you can still enjoy my thread =}

Well my first order of buisness is to deal with the scots. Right away i hire mercenarys with prince rufus and attack york as the battles are auto resolved it is very quick and i capture it desivey i move the garrison at nottingham out with the exeption of 1 unit of spare millitia they stop for the night before reaching york.

I movee King William out of london with a unit of pesants an move them towards the north. I send a message to the scots that I was willing to devide up the british isles and we could conquer elsewere. I will honour the agreement if he agees but I dont thnk he will. I send messages to venice and milan involving trade mumbojumbo ship my princess into france were she will go and marry the french general in rheims whatever his name is. Agree on trade rights plus map info for map info with france ( I intend to invade after scottish front secure plus have rennes and bordeux), move my army out of caen exept for 1 unit of spare militia and join them with captain robin, hire some mercs and head for Rennes.

Any comment's would be grately apreciated.

[This message has been edited by Monty501 (edited 08-06-2009 @ 03:45 AM).]

Replies:
posted 30 May 2009 03:51 EDT (US)     1 / 28  
Hmm, a tricky one with Scotland being a proper player.

You'll be well off having peace with him, but I'm guessing as you do that'll be hard. The one thing that could help is Forts. and a good relationship with the pope. The two things that could help are, Forts and a good relationship with the pope. And a strong overseas presence. Amongst the things that could help are (you get the idea)

anyway, if you join the crusade as soon as it happens you can try and get a crusader kingdom going - if the Italians look like beating you to it then using the crusaders to take out any other non catholic settlements you can would be useful. Having a fall back position would be handy, france is ok but not that far from the most likely ones to attack you...

edit: oh and with the screenshots, was it not taking them properly or just you don't know what to do with the daft tga format it takes them in?

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 05-30-2009 @ 03:52 AM).]

posted 30 May 2009 04:20 EDT (US)     2 / 28  
Thanks for the advise for a fall back position I think that I will have to rely on france for the time being I intend to take Rennes and bordeux provided the frogs don't get there first then i shall war with france first of all using the tri attack on those 3 settlements um paris rheims and angers then continue on. With the pope i will try and join crusades and build lots of cherches i have got Henry to come of age shortly and he will be good to send on a crusade as he usually is.

As for the screenies it wasn't taking them properly but now it is should have some for next turn when i get it.
posted 30 May 2009 04:47 EDT (US)     3 / 28  
As England in hotseatB I did a reasonablish job of taking the east coast of France - I think though that on one of the other ones Hoppy and Bandito set out the best way to blitz France (from a French position but may be useful).
Looking through other people's writeups may be helpful if you've not done it.
I imagine that if Milan isn't too busy fighting with Venice then you'll find them in southern france quite quickly, not sure what you can do about that, but toulouse is a nice castle if you can get to it. Maybe take a fleet once you've got your immediate targets secured and jump down to Spain with a small army, to take rebel settlements etc.
posted 30 May 2009 04:50 EDT (US)     4 / 28  
Good idea I am hoping that venice and milan will kill each other and maybe i can back one of them but I'm not sure about that. I really wont to get a mediterranean port as that = much shorter time to get to holyland for crusades .
posted 30 May 2009 05:05 EDT (US)     5 / 28  
I would nick Ireland fairly quickly, and have nice diplomatic overtures to Scotland. Ally (or non-aggression pact) and tell them you 'call X settlements', and they can have Scandinavia and so forth. Keep a couple of spies in their land- when you see an opportunity, take Edinburgh and Inverness, and use your navy to sink any boats heading back your way.

The trick is to do this while not compromising France (heh, always the key battleground). Milan will get Dijon fairly rapidly while you're still on the coastal settlements, so first one to Paris wins, I'm afraid- it may be worth ignoring some of the coastal settlements to set up a perimeter before you concentrate on getting the settlements inside the perimeter.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
posted 30 May 2009 05:21 EDT (US)     6 / 28  
Hmmmmmmmmm....... i don't know about getting ireland as scotland might feel starved for land and choose to invade plus it i intend to keep a large garrison in york region as the scots have to go through there to get to my lands but if i have ireland then he could just go and take that...
posted 30 May 2009 10:49 EDT (US)     7 / 28  
Proximity isn't too good a reason to not take Ireland - you can get from dublin to carveanon within a turn if there's boat handy (and there are often mercenary boats if suprise attacks are on the card)

That said, dublin isn't worth much for quite a while so if you want to let the scots have it it won't make much difference - let them be the ones to invest in it.
posted 30 May 2009 18:28 EDT (US)     8 / 28  
Or i could give dublin to the papcy, that cway i would get very high papal vavour and the scots would probably get excomunicated for attacking me which could result in me being able to call a crusade against them...
posted 31 May 2009 21:37 EDT (US)     9 / 28  
I would suggest a war of attrition against Scotland. Yes, you must attack Scotland.

You see, Scotland has some decent starting units like Highlanders but they have no way of replenishing them. Scotland has no castles. Attack Scotland and force him to use up his highlanders. If you want it safe, just wait until they move towards Inverness or Dublin, then make you move.

In my calculations, a stand-up fight between human controlled Scotland and England immediately, is simply one-sided. Nothing short of a disaster or a genius tactic can stop England from being victorious. Of course, if you feel bad about destroying Scotland so early, then it is understandable but Scotland is type of faction that can grow rapidly with only few more possesions (especially castles).

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 05-31-2009 @ 09:40 PM).]

posted 02 June 2009 00:23 EDT (US)     10 / 28  
Destroy Scotland immediately! The Highland Warrior Lords of Clan Mclean (my own little Highland family connection) and some lesser clans, like the Cambells, will send their armies against you and win if you let them grow. *dalek voice* exterminate! Exterminate */dalek voice* (armies at least. cities are up to you)

you like something both hardcore and whack
2009 RLT & ETWH Craziest Forummer Award!
I had to remove the excessive numbers of smilies I used á la VampiricCannibal so as not to inconvenience low bandwidth users too much... - Edorix

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 06-03-2009 @ 08:53 AM).]

posted 03 June 2009 18:35 EDT (US)     11 / 28  
The chap did pick scotland knowing there was a human England - that is asking for an attack really
posted 03 June 2009 19:32 EDT (US)     12 / 28  
Dooo it. Exterminate them Scottish peoples. It's a simple fact that when it's autoresolve only, the larger nation will always win. Even if the smaller nation may have more armies to begin with or local superiority, but they simply can't sustain it. Even if the Scots manage to take a few of your cities/castles simple persue scorched earth policy and destroy everything in that place. Without places to retrain they'll soon capitulate.
posted 04 June 2009 03:49 EDT (US)     13 / 28  
Ok then by popular demand death to scotland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunatly my stupid computer is to @#$%ing stupid to understand the consept of downloading something like patch 1.05 so I cannot play the hotseat. ={
If anyone wants to be my replacement just say so.

[This message has been edited by Monty501 (edited 06-05-2009 @ 10:00 PM).]

posted 07 June 2009 21:59 EDT (US)     14 / 28  
That blows. What does you computer say in regards to the problem? As long as you got M2:TW with Kingdoms, you can install patch 1.05 easily, though it does take time.

Michael Jackson
posted 08 June 2009 01:58 EDT (US)     15 / 28  
It just dosen't install 1.05 and I don't no much about computers so i'm not sure what it is ment to do.

Just so evryone knows El_Bandito has replaced me in the hotseat.

[This message has been edited by Monty501 (edited 07-04-2009 @ 03:37 AM).]

posted 24 July 2009 19:30 EDT (US)     16 / 28  
Big News evrybody!

We are restarting!!!!!!!!

The order is;
Hoppylyte: France
Me: Sicicly
Selifator: Byzantium
Brutiangodofrock: Denmark

If a mod could possibly rename this thread Monty501's Sicily (hotseat F) it would stop people from being confused.

Turn 1:
Sorry I acidently deleted some of my pictures.

Photobucket

I sent an army to Tunis but it could not quite get there in time.

I sent an army also to Durrazo in an atmept to conquer it. If I do I shall try and sell it to Byzantium for Cyprus.
I also sent my princess to the Papal states to try and form an alliance.

France:
Photobucket

Byzantium:
Photobucket

The other two were similary friendly. With Hoppylyte I told him he could have North Africa West of Egypt aside from Tunis and Tripoli.

Any advice would be apriceated.

I will fight for Total War Heaven.

Will You?

[This message has been edited by Monty501 (edited 07-25-2009 @ 00:55 AM).]

posted 01 August 2009 07:11 EDT (US)     17 / 28  
Hmm, interesting, with west africa off limits (leaving you with Tunis and everything east of that I assume - saying 'west of egypt other than tunis and tripoli' confused me rather) that leaves you with looking north and/or east / southeast

Converting settlements to cities will help you tradewise a lot, and mines on some of the regions seem to get you 360ish a turn which is quite nice. I'd recommend not converting any castles to cities until you have built ports though - it's expensive but otherwise you'll have to wait an age to get up to 6000 population to get stone walls and then ports.

If you can take Genoa that's a nice boon, as would be Florence, the former does mean war with Milan though (which you may not mind).

If you can spare the troops, charging wildly at Egypt would be an interesting tactic. It'd give you a foot-hold to stop the greeks expanding too far into that nice safe corner, also it's another point to trade from.

Depending how agressive you're prepared to be, allying with the greeks and taking on Venice could reap lots of reward (if the pope lets you), having both sides of the bit of sea around Italy should let trade flourish quickly.
posted 01 August 2009 07:27 EDT (US)     18 / 28  
Good idea. I intend to ally with Byzantium and take over most of italy (a luxury you didn't have in hotseat A Swampy) the perhaps go north into the HRE or east into the Holy Land.

Will You?
posted 01 August 2009 11:39 EDT (US)     19 / 28  
i

[This message has been edited by Soleb (edited 08-01-2009 @ 04:57 PM).]

posted 01 August 2009 13:34 EDT (US)     20 / 28  
I'd agree with Swampy, but with a twist. I'd focus on taking all of Italy, Ajaccio and Cagliari. They're all very wealthy cities and would propel your economy immensely-which is what you need in the early game.

Think you're a hotshot against the Mongols? Go to the Mongolphobia mod discussions and download the mod, then, you will surely tremble with fear in the face of the Mongols. If you have suggestions/questions, feel free to make a thread. You can download Mongolphobia here. Good luck.

“Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes.” -Unknown

Read my AAR/Story "The Battle of the Bridge" here!
posted 01 August 2009 15:41 EDT (US)     21 / 28  
I would like to apologize for having to post this here,I will delete it as soon as I get an answer, how does one post on the home page, such as what we are replying on now?
If by the 'homepage' you mean http://medieval2.heavengames.com/then there are automatic links to recent posts in a certain sub-set of the forums (i.e. just post on a thread). If you instead mean how do you create a topic for others to reply to, there should be a "new topic" button around at the top and bottom of the page. If it's neither of those you're after then I'm afraid I don't know what you mean, sorry.
posted 01 August 2009 15:44 EDT (US)     22 / 28  
The posts on the "homepage" which is [url]www.medieval2.heavengames.com[/url]are called "announcements" which are posted by special people called "moderators".

Think you're a hotshot against the Mongols? Go to the Mongolphobia mod discussions and download the mod, then, you will surely tremble with fear in the face of the Mongols. If you have suggestions/questions, feel free to make a thread. You can download Mongolphobia here. Good luck.

“Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes.” -Unknown

Read my AAR/Story "The Battle of the Bridge" here!

[This message has been edited by Glacier_Girl (edited 08-01-2009 @ 03:44 PM).]

posted 01 August 2009 16:57 EDT (US)     23 / 28  
thank you both, i think that swamprat was correct with the topic seggestion.

If you must cross thin ice, dance your way across
posted 04 August 2009 01:04 EDT (US)     24 / 28  
Just ot let everone know, we are rstarting again, due to the fact to people forgot their password.

I'm now playing as Hungary, look to the top post for more details. I'll update this as soon as I play it.

Will You?
posted 06 August 2009 03:56 EDT (US)     25 / 28  
Hello everybody and welcome to the place where I talk about what I have done playing as Hungary in the second restart of Hotseat F.

Pictures will be coming after I upload them (by the looks of thing photobucket is having maintenence so I can't yet).

It's message time;
Glacier Girl sent me a message saying that she has gotten hold of Vienna. She said she laid claim to Constantinople.

I replied saying I was fine with that but I wanted Sofia and Zagreb!

The Turks were being freindly (so far anyway).

Scotland sent me a message, saying not to trust the Turks.

I replied, trying to stur up some trouble between France and Scotland.

I am currently marching towards Sofia, Bucharest and Zagreb.

Soon the might of Hungary will rise up once more!!!!!!!!!

Note: Ithink that I have gained some good experience for hotseat playing. Recently, I took a leaf out of El_Bandito's book somewhat and played all of the grand campaign factions in a hotseat game. I think the experience realy tought me a thing or eight about hotseat playing.

Pkease feel free to give feedback.

Will You?
posted 09 August 2009 07:45 EDT (US)     26 / 28  
What are you going to do after you get those cities? It is bad that you lost the right to Vienna, but you were right to let the Venetians to take Constantinople. Let the Venetians worry a bit about the Turks.

If you can get Kiev before Poland then it will be a really good economic hub city for you, allowing you access to many exotic goodies to trade, as well as an ideal place to train Battlefield Assassins later on(they will be the sole answer to the Hashashims). Make sure you build Assassin's Guild in Kiev and Budapest.

Most Hungarian players tend to kill off Poland early on. Try to catch the settlements when they are less defended. You can also march towards Russia with a Crusade. If Pope is being an arse and refuses to Crusade Russia, then simply call one to Riga/Oslo/Ryazan/Bulgar(they are rebel, yes?) and then use those Crusading armies to take Russia anyway.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 08-09-2009 @ 07:47 AM).]

posted 09 August 2009 07:51 EDT (US)     27 / 28  
Well I played turn two but my computer lost the pictures.
I've taken Bucharest now and I'm marching towards Sofia and the place to the North of Bucharest. After that I shall expand north. My first target will probably be Kiev.
After that I'll probably attack Poland and Go North to Russia.

Will You?
posted 13 September 2009 20:47 EDT (US)     28 / 28  
Oops, wrong thread.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 09-13-2009 @ 09:23 PM).]

Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » Monty 501's England (hotseat F)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames