Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Hotseat-E-England
posted 05 September 2009 02:11 EDT (US)   
im in a hotseat campaign now. im playing as england, my opponents,Jubu as the Byzantines,Brutian as Egypt, matt will as Poland, should read no further.i will trust them to do so as in this i will explain my progress in the game. what i plan to do, what i do do, and what i did do. thank you and i hope you guys enjoy how i act.
(the story will be told by the veiw of the faction leader(with some exceptions))

Year 1 (Turn 1)
I as the King of the British Columbian Forces, hope to one day unite the entirety of the Britian Islands.

We start by getting in Diplomatic Relations with France. knowing the scum will sooner or later betray us. we decide to get an alliance anyways to show the world for the scum they are.

I also send my son to attack York. i sent him 2 units of militia from Nottingham and gave him enough florins for two mercenary units. he will protect our frontline against the war with the scots which is bound to start soon.

i also sent my daughter to hopefully get diplomatic relations with the Romans (nowadays called Byzantinium), to hopefully get some diplomacy done and if possible, a fiance.

we have also renamed Caen as Crucian.we pulled back a feild army to defend the castle. need to keep it fortified for when the French arrive.Other than this we did not have many upgrades.we decided that we should save the money for the next turn to start building and recruiting.

we have also sent a letter to the Romans about how we can stay in touch. i did not copy the letter so i can't give an exact copy of it.God save us all until the next entry.

King William
End of Journal Entry

Papal Watch AAR Where I sit back and let the computers entertain you!

[This message has been sacked by Mongols (sacked 04-02-1258 AD).]
Replies:
posted 05 September 2009 02:18 EDT (US)     1 / 14  
Looks interesting. I would try and take Rennes quickly before the French get there. From there you could probably go down to Bordeaux. After that you can attack the French and beat them. You havve plenty of workspace as everyone else is off in the east.

Edit: I just realised, since I am the sub you might not want me to check this thread so if you would rather I did'nt then just say so and I won't check this.

I will fight for Total War Heaven.

Will You?

[This message has been edited by Monty501 (edited 09-05-2009 @ 02:20 AM).]

posted 05 September 2009 02:22 EDT (US)     2 / 14  
honestly i dont mind if subs check it. and i dont plan on expanding into France until they attack me. ofcourse when you do start subbing for someone and taking them over, while your controlling them i dont want you to look. other than that i hope you enjoy.

posted 05 September 2009 02:27 EDT (US)     3 / 14  
Ok. *Starts unpacking all his stuff into this thread*

So where do you intend to expand if you don't attack France? Iberia? Scandanavia?

Will You?
posted 05 September 2009 02:34 EDT (US)     4 / 14  
first of all i need to get all of the british isles. then ill hopefully be able to call a crusade. with the crusade ill get several generals (2 maybe) to the middle eastern lands. thats where some of my expansion lies. if that doesnt happen, or while that happens ill be ready to go to war with France, they will hopefully attack first, once they do ill make my move with them. i will expand first south towards iberia and then east towards marselleise (excuse my grammar) which from their ill expand north-west and north to finish off France. then ofcourse ill hopefully get a treaty with Poland about splitting Europe in Half, they get everything to the eastern side and i get everything to the western side, western side includes Italy and eastern side includes Denmark and Scandinavia.

Edit: Btw Monty, how do you want me to send you my password?i made it a russian word that nobody could guess ;P

EditEdit: the file is taking a long time to get around, be patient.

[This message has been edited by Demigodseer (edited 09-06-2009 @ 11:57 AM).]

posted 07 September 2009 07:38 EDT (US)     5 / 14  
I like the style of write-up, probably rather better than my more factual/non-character-based ones. Also good luck with keeping the write-up going as they're good to have around, they don't get read (I think) quite as much as those in the AAR/Stories sub-forum but I like them (those that I've seen).

You may want to separate out the write-up from the first post though as it'll repeat on every page otherwise.

Going straight for the holy land is interesting given the location of the other players - rather brave and possibly an excellent plan. Your main risk is that Poland will beat you to it and leave your armies stuck in the middle of no-where (are you sailing all the way, or going east and then south past Poland?)

If you can get a stronghold down that way to get everyone focusing there and/or fighting each other it'll give you an opportunity to expand nearer home. I'd recommend focusing on the homeland and not putting all your eggs in the middle eastern basket though - particularly if you can trick the other players into thinking you're struggling in that area only (the graphs wouldn't help that really I suppose). You can get the entire west coast of France (and north too I think) without fighting the French (it's all rebel) and get excellent sea trade (if you convert to cities)

If you get the middle east you're forcing Egypt/Byzantium to either fight you or to expand in other directions. For Byzantium that's interesting in making them push towards Poland. If you can get Byzantium and Egyptians to fight or at least get ready to fight (like venice/sicily in hotseatA - we didn't fight but really hindered each other) then you're laughing.
posted 07 September 2009 13:07 EDT (US)     6 / 14  
ah yes, the classic mindgame, my plan had a change, i plan on capturing most of frances western borders , when a crusade is made i make my move on scotland and the holy lands, if i can get the crusade target i should be able to finish off scotland, after that ill be the religious peacemaker who's playing mindgames, ill gift the holy city to the pope, and try to get byzantine in a war with poland, i won't say anymore of my master plan because typing on the wii is hard.

posted 07 September 2009 16:14 EDT (US)     7 / 14  
Btw Monty, how do you want me to send you my password?i made it a russian word that nobody could guess ;P
Just email it to me.

Will You?
posted 11 September 2009 17:22 EDT (US)     8 / 14  
ok the file finally got around, we were having a lot of problems but we should go good now,

Day 2,
I sent the English cardinal off to the Iberian Penensula,knowing how england is good enough with religion, i knew that Spain and portugal would be in a religious war with the moors.My son reached the village of york and commenced the assault, it was a clear victory from the start.

He occupied the city, chivalrous indeed. ( He got 1 Chivalry )The council was also happy with our efforts.

My son robert, ignoring my orders of staying to defend our castle, has took the majority of the troops from the castle leaving behind only a peasant guard, i can only hope he knows what he's doing, and that he will succesfully capture rennes.

not forgetting the pope we set up a church to be built in nottingham, right after the dock is finished.i, myself, will be moving to nottingham with a considerable force from london, from there we will make an army to take caernarven, and if we get enough papal favor,i hope to destroy the scots.also, we have decided to upgrade york to a town, and knowing its importance and low population we saw no need of having a high tax rate, so we lowered it to promote growth.
Before i left for nottingham though, i set london to make a port and then land clearance.

we received a response from the byzantines, once again i dont have a copy, need to keep a reminder of keeping copys, anyways, they replied with that they would like to stay in contact.and that ends day 2, i must rest now.

King William
End of Journal Entry

posted 17 September 2009 22:49 EDT (US)     9 / 14  
Turn three came around, enjoy!

Day 3

Not much has happened today, my son from Rennes sent me a letter explaining his intentions and he requested 3000 florins for mercenarys, he says that once the British Columbian forces manage to conqeur England than we would need acees to the main world, his convincing words and the saying that trade would be available, and considering the fact of his superior intelligence than mine (he is a fast learner). i decided that it may be for the best to let him take control of the issues outside England.

My advisor came with a offer for marriage for my daughter, i have already plans for her and rejected the sour man proudly, he was pathetic as it is.

My son used some remainder of the finances to make a few troops at the castle.i also requested him to train a priest, knowing our position and Frances military, we will haveto rely on the pope to solve our issues, its already causing conflict.Here are some financial reports and a report of the troops. we seem to have suprassed Egypt. the Romans (now called Nova Roma) are at the head, having gone down and back up.im guessing it was due to financial stressing, seems that their wise usage is sending them up, as we focus in taking britian, everyone else is isolated and free (my guess), or only fear to be is the Empire of the North, and their too weak to be much of a threat. i will try to keep peace between the major nations is possible.

[This message has been edited by Demigodseer (edited 09-17-2009 @ 10:56 PM).]

posted 29 September 2009 04:23 EDT (US)     10 / 14  
Good to see this moving along. I'd still quite like to see you trying to hold down a crusader kingdom if you got to the target. Could be interesting.

On the side of the map you're going for currently, have you thought past the west french coast? You've got options either against France or, as I was just thinking, against Spain/Portugal/Moors.

Egypt could eventually get that far along but it's likely to be relatively peaceful. If you can tie down the western end of the map it lets you be quite the player to beat (unless the other players notice it happening and do something to stop it). I suppose though you could see Poland expanding west to Belgium etc if you don't move something that way and the Greeks could get Italy if not pressed by egypt.

hmm
posted 02 October 2009 20:39 EDT (US)     11 / 14  
Day 4-6

I Have been late as to write in this journal, recent acts have kept me busy and i found the time to write this.

on the fourth day we have heard news of my son capturing capturing the town and he is now aiming for another nearby town. his expansion is doing well for trade and can solidify our position.

i arrived at york and our army there is large enough to do an average fight with scotland. i am thinking of pulling back my son to fight them.although, we need him to defend our borders.

the fifth day we found that our military was the largest of the 4 empires. (in the sixth turn we have Nova Roma pass us up). knowing that and the position, i can clearly say that we are currently in the best position of all empires. Our finances hoever are running low, very very low. out of the richest faction, (Russia) we only have 10% of their gold, (which our mathmaticians calculated that Russia had 9300 gold or so.)

We also found that our Nation was the most Pure of all Catholic nations. the pope is very pleased of our efforts to spead catholicism, a fool of him he is, we plan on using him as our hope of expansion, as you know, the pope can call crusades and exccomunicate factions, he will be our shield and sword. protecting us from other factions and hitting the factions back with supreme force using crusades. he does not know our corruption, i will abuse the power given , and only hope he doesnt notice.

End of Journal Entry
King William

Here are some screenshots =)

posted 18 October 2009 22:45 EDT (US)     12 / 14  
Day 7.

This is BLASPHEMY! we have been sent a message that our Empire was marked as the 15th richest country. as you know , the ranked were counting 16 countrys! the sultan of egypt was richest. bah! our holy country refuses to accept this! the empire of north hoards the lands, the sultan takes the gold, and the Nova Roma takes everything else. and WE.....WE! WE haveto stand back and be NOTHING! i Refused to accept this and i demanded the pope call a crusade on the egyptian sultan. he deemed jerusalem a unworthy target. he is a bigger fool than i thought, thankfully he is MY fool. we compromised an agreement and he decided to call the crusade on their capital! The better it is! i decided as how us and the scottish are at a stalemate i would send my son in the mainland on the crusade. this will cripple the sultan and the North Empire both. as the North Empire will have no choice but to send a crusade on them or lose favor with the pope. us as england being ahead of all other catholics have the advantage, if the North Empire doesnt send the crusade and declare war on egypt then they shalt lose the papals favor. and the less favor they have the more we have. even though i may control the weakest country as of now, i will find a way to Destroy EVERYONE!

King William

here are some screenshots of whats happening. one shows something William was to angry to mention which is his son attacking Bruges. he will go on the crusade after.

posted 19 October 2009 01:52 EDT (US)     13 / 14  
Nice of you to stir things up. Usually hot-seat players expand quietly early on in hope of not becoming the target of animousity but you just flipped the boat. Use the Crusade as an excuse to gobble up Antwerp, Bruges, and Dijon on your way, and your financial situation will improve drastically.

When you go further south, you can take the settlements of Florence, Ajacco, and Cagliari as well as the African settlements of Tunis and Tripoli before finally heading over the Egypt. Or you can get to Egypt ASAP to prevent them from putting up much resistance...your choice.

PS: Put that old William to work as much as you can until he collapses.

Michael Jackson
posted 19 October 2009 16:57 EDT (US)     14 / 14  
good suggestion, im keeping william up north to stand up to scotland right now, but theres been no voilent interactions, so sending him to a crusade would be a good idea. not to mention my coffers filling up from free upkeep. and if brutian is reading this (which he shouldn't) is because by doing so i set poland in a desperate position, i know matt, he's not very experienced with fighting other players (then again, neither am i) by calling the crusade he must either join or lose favor with the pope, and he knows that in this hotseat , i am getting more papal favor then anybody would want. my new plan is to use the pope in my favor, he will be my sword and shield, after reaching the holy lands with william i will capture antioch and the other holy states and after capturing those i will grant them to the pope, thus ridding me of that problem and leaving it to egypt. i will continue the crusade and hopefully capture Cairo to get full papal favor, with which i will attack scotland and rid them of the british isles, thus giving me the entire island to myself. ITS PERFECT. and voilent =)

Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » Hotseat-E-England
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames