You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War (Archived-See Empire: Total War Heaven)

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: HG - Forum tournament
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 11  Next Page »
posted 14 December 2008 15:55 EDT (US)   
To up the ante of ETW's release, we have made ourselves a tournament for everyone to play in. Being realistically demanding we have made 2 separate alliances, therefore all players will be involved and a nice rivalry will form.

Current Roster:

Allied Force #1:

LoH - Britain (As of right now, he is thy ruly one)
Ventory - Russia
Ischenous - Persia
Catabre - Please choose different faction! thanks.

Allied Force #2:

Gallow - Ottoman Empire
Daelon - Scandia country (Ie, Sweden/Danemark)
Jomas - Scandia Country
Angelo - France
Spartan - Poland

Current players up for grabs:

Jupiter - Britain...
Boe - United Prov
Ischenous - Britain
Trottski - Britain
Spartan... The wookie faction? (Ewoks included?)
CaesarVincens - Spain (Still deciding)
Wool - Prussia
General - 13 colonies
+More, let me know if I forgot

Currently we have 5+ players fighting for Britain, I think that 1v1 tourny will be interesting if we do follow through.

When trading players, if you wish to enlist a player onto your alliance, it must be agreed upon all active players in this thread. Effective next player trade.

Here discuss sides and tactics, trade players, talk smack, and more.

[This message has been edited by Daelon (edited 12-18-2008 @ 06:20 PM).]

Replies:
posted 14 December 2008 15:58 EDT (US)     1 / 258  
So Gallow all of your attacks are directed on me

What about LoH and Wool in case of a slip-up they'll be there to the rescue

and then what?
posted 14 December 2008 16:00 EDT (US)     2 / 258  
LoH, you may now have access to Highlanders and elite redcoats, but I have elephants and Indian trade. Allahu akhbar!

Ventory, our armies are of equal size but are they of equal stamina? And remember - Sweden is always there to strike hard and fast and be gone with the Aaland Islands mists.

Woolagaroo, I remember you called Britain England once. And you will have problems from Denmark, anyway, so that might not even matter.

See you all on the battlefield

EDIT: Not all of my attacks. I'll send a small army to go along the North African coast, and probably sweep through you with one of them to get to Prussia.

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b

[This message has been edited by Gallowglass (edited 12-14-2008 @ 04:00 PM).]

posted 14 December 2008 16:05 EDT (US)     3 / 258  
Oh sure about the Stamina, I am worried about the Quality

How Will your Jannisarys Match up To My Cossacks?
posted 14 December 2008 16:08 EDT (US)     4 / 258  
Probably pretty poorly. The Jannisarys are well trained and excellent marksmen, regardless if your heavy calvary has armour, the Jannisarys won't have trouble taking them down.
posted 14 December 2008 16:10 EDT (US)     5 / 258  
Dismounted Cossacks?
posted 14 December 2008 16:11 EDT (US)     6 / 258  
Yeah samething probably.
posted 14 December 2008 16:15 EDT (US)     7 / 258  
I Guess This is job OF MEastern Russian Infantry.
posted 14 December 2008 16:22 EDT (US)     8 / 258  
Actually, I'm worried about taking on the Siberian troops, if there are any, in the same way I'm worried about taking on LoH's Highlanders.

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
posted 14 December 2008 16:25 EDT (US)     9 / 258  
WEll you should be more Worried about the Eastern Trooops, THe Siberians are Usually Cossacks, which still you should be worried about.
posted 14 December 2008 16:38 EDT (US)     10 / 258  

The Nganasan (sp) and Kets are what bother me, actually. Also, this shows my planned conquests in stages:

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
posted 14 December 2008 16:42 EDT (US)     11 / 258  
You should fear the Eastern Troops more than anything

and Daelon you should fear meh Heavy Cavalry.
posted 14 December 2008 16:47 EDT (US)     12 / 258  
Not in Swedish woodlands he shouldn't!

Trust me, go melee! Artillery, missiles, and cavalry are all useless in thick forest!

If Denmark (through Norway) has the Isle of Man, that could really annoy LoH.

And Daelon, someone joined our alliance! Check the other thread again.

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b

[This message has been edited by Gallowglass (edited 12-14-2008 @ 04:49 PM).]

posted 14 December 2008 16:48 EDT (US)     13 / 258  
Gallow, Thanks for making it easier to Crush your Ally

The Cossacks and Heavy Cavalry are to Stop them Midway

to prevent movement , then Crashing them in with Infantry, used for Melee.
posted 14 December 2008 16:52 EDT (US)     14 / 258  

You've...sort of got it

I'd have just fixed bayonets and charged with infantry, but I'm more of a melee player, anyway. I doubt Daelon's infantry will be as good as the Russian Empire's in melee, but they'll be better with their muskets. That's why you should aim to get into melee as soon as possible.

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
posted 14 December 2008 17:03 EDT (US)     15 / 258  
But My Heavy Cav is superior to all, but Prussia nd Poland are kind of close.

My Cavalry For Daelon is soley used to stop them so They Can't fire at my troops that aare going to attack them.
posted 14 December 2008 17:19 EDT (US)     16 / 258  
Gallow who joined?
posted 14 December 2008 17:55 EDT (US)     17 / 258  
It was I, as the Thirteen Colonies. Assuming they're in the multiplayer campaign, although if they're not I'll still use them for multiplayer battles.
posted 14 December 2008 18:03 EDT (US)     18 / 258  
Your colonies are useless,LoH will eatch over you.
posted 14 December 2008 18:09 EDT (US)     19 / 258  
Angelo -

If you will be playing 13 states, it would only be proper for you to be on my alliance, it would be just weird if you were in an alliance with britain at this time.

If you accept to join my alliance, i'll add you to the roster. If not i'm afraid you will need to change faction.
posted 14 December 2008 18:15 EDT (US)     20 / 258  
Of course I'm going to be on your alliance, fighting against Britain is one of the colonies' big highlights!
posted 14 December 2008 18:17 EDT (US)     21 / 258  
Great, roster updated.
posted 14 December 2008 18:21 EDT (US)     22 / 258  
... I am so confused, I need to know your opening moves in order to jsut think of a way to counter it. Can you ask EoJ or Boe to PLEASE BE FRANCE!!!! I need an ally to be trusted

Everything is going WRONG!

You and Jomas from the North, Gallow's Turks from the South and Now Angelo will probably fly in to batter EoJ, Wool is probably going to occupied with the North as I Which gives Gallow like a huge chance to take over.....

I'm scared I need EoJ to assist me in the south.
posted 14 December 2008 18:44 EDT (US)     23 / 258  
If agreed upon by everyone else, you are allowed to enlist players into your alliance. I guess this should be posted as a rule somewhere.
posted 14 December 2008 18:50 EDT (US)     24 / 258  
Artillery>infantry. Therefore, as France, my artillery will pwn. (Unless I'm Prussia, in which case I will beat everyone at their own game a la Clausewitz.
posted 14 December 2008 18:51 EDT (US)     25 / 258  
Please don't count me in any alliances. We don't know enough about the game or about our multiplayer campaign (i.e. who all will be participating and who will be who) to make any calls at this point (at least I feel we don't). On the other hand, I'm disturbed to see so many megalomaniacs on this forum, but to each their own. I especially wish luck to Gallowglass, he will need it to take on the rest of the world with a decaying empire.

Deutschland erwartet, dass jeder Mann seine Pflicht tun wird.
Россия ожидает, что каждый исполнит свой долг.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 11  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War (Archived-See Empire: Total War Heaven) » HG - Forum tournament
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames