You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help and Bug Reporting

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: "please insert correct CD"
posted 17 September 2005 08:34 EDT (US)   
I just got RTW and have not played it once yet installing was fine but now...when i click on the icon it says "please insert correct CD" i have tried all three discs but no dice...this happened before and after i tryed the 1.2 patch and i've completly searched the readme...help!
Replies:
posted 17 September 2005 12:38 EDT (US)     1 / 5  
Hmm...well...assuming you don't have a crack or a downloaded version of the game, then I'm not sure why it isn't working. Is your disk damaged (it will want disk 1 by the way)?

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing

[This message has been edited by Cheesewiz (edited 09-17-2005 @ 12:38 PM).]

posted 17 September 2005 12:54 EDT (US)     2 / 5  
Or maybe there is something wrong with your CD drive?

Ichbinian
Oldie from RTWH!
posted 20 September 2005 16:28 EDT (US)     3 / 5  
  • Insert the first game CD in your CD drive.

• Double click the Rome: Total War icon on your desktop.

• Play the game.

How simple can you get?

St Jimmy
    Angel face and a taste for suicidal
  • posted 20 September 2005 16:57 EDT (US)     4 / 5  
    Um, that's exactly what he can't do.

Ichbinian
    Oldie from RTWH!
    posted 20 October 2005 18:14 EDT (US)     5 / 5  
    Have you changed drive letters since original install? Activision maintains the installed source drive letter in the registry, and its possible that could cause such an error, though I have not tested (by removing/changing drives after install) myself. And Cheesewiz is right; you only need CD1, wich is the one with the copy protection. If you are using a copied disk, or non-original disk, you can get this error. And if you are using a virtual disk, you can get this error.

Good hunting...

Total War Heaven » Forums » Technical Help and Bug Reporting » "please insert correct CD"
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Total War Heaven | HeavenGames