You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help and Bug Reporting

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Egad! why?!
posted 04 November 2005 18:02 EDT (US)   
Yeah, I just said that to get people to come. Don't leave!

Almost everything works very well with my game, but two things are really freaky.

First off, all of my movies are really "twitchy." It stammers, or something like that.

Also, whenever I put units into groups, their formations get screwed up. For instance, when I try to drag the line out, the little yellow arrows that represent where the trrops will go face about fourty five degrees to the right or left of where the red arrow faces. Also, the actual formation of each unit will not change when I drag, only turn. None of these problems occur when not in groups.

Just for information, I have downloaded no Mods (as the game is on a seperate computer from the one that the internet is on, which is a major inconvienience), and I am on a Windows XP.

"War gives the right of the conquerors to impose any conditions they please upon the vanquished."
-Julius Caesar
There's no justice like conqueror's justice.

www.nationstates.net

I'm Errikland
Replies:
posted 04 November 2005 18:19 EDT (US)     1 / 2  
What Windows Media Player version do you have? If 9, try going to 10. If 10, try rolling back to 9.

System Specs?

Do you have the 1.2 and 1.3 patch?

Ichbinian
Oldie from RTWH!
posted 14 November 2005 22:12 EDT (US)     2 / 2  
To stop the stammering, close all other programs then run RTW.

However, I'm sure you have lots of spyware/adware or even viruses (or maybe Sony's infamous rootkit) running on your machine. Scan it with programs like Ad-aware, Spybot Search & Destroy, etc., and remove all intruders.

Second, the codecs could be at fault, and the reinstall of WMP10 as suggested (and as explained in the first post of the forum) may help.

What processes are running when you hit CTRL-ALT-DEL (assuming windows XP is your OS), and what is your CPU usage while playing the game when you hit the stammering movies (look at the CPU trace in the Performance tab of CTRL-ALT-DEL) ? If your CPU hits 100% (it may if you have lots of spyware, esp. with a slower CPU), the stammering is inevitable.

Good hunting...

Total War Heaven » Forums » Technical Help and Bug Reporting » Egad! why?!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames