You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help and Bug Reporting

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Mouse Trails on Rome: Total War main menu screen
posted 06 November 2005 08:24 EDT (US)   
I have recently bought Rome: Total War. I managed to load it all succesfully but when I ran the game the menu had mouse trails all over it following the mouse. To add to this from the main menu when I click on a new menu this menu appears over the top of the other, creating a layer of menus.
However the game seems to work Ok from what i have tried.
I have looked at other sites but cannot find a solution which works. Does anyone have any ideas.

The specs of my computer are:
Pentium 4 1.5 GHz processor
Windows XP Home Edition Series Pack 2
768MB of RAM
Free Hard disk space: 72.0 GB
Directx 9.0
Radeon 9250

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Replies:
posted 06 November 2005 08:50 EDT (US)     1 / 3  
What version of Windows Media Player do you have now? If you have WMP9, try upgrading to WMP10. If you have WMP10, roll back to WMP9, then reinstall WMP10.

AFAIK it's a WMP codec issue.

posted 06 November 2005 11:37 EDT (US)     2 / 3  
thanks, i did have windows media player 10.
I did what you suggested an it works perfectly
posted 15 November 2005 16:34 EDT (US)     3 / 3  
RTW requires the codecs of WMP9 or WMP10, and they must be installed with no conflicts with other codecs on the system and registered correctly. Since most XP users tend to prefer WMP10, the easiest way to ensure properly installed WMP10 codecs is to uninstall WMP10, and reinstall it. Barring obscure system conflicts, this will install the codecs properly. In case anyone was wondering, RTW does not need WMP10 itself, nor even WMP9. Just the properly installed, unconflicted codecs.
Total War Heaven » Forums » Technical Help and Bug Reporting » Mouse Trails on Rome: Total War main menu screen
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames