You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help and Bug Reporting

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: reinstall... and it doesn't work!!!
posted 19 November 2005 11:28 EDT (US)   
i totally uninstalled rtw and bi and then reinstalled rtw, edited the appropriate files to enable using the senate and it didn't work, nor can I :
start a new campaign even with legal factions
start a new prologue
Replies:
posted 19 November 2005 12:09 EDT (US)     1 / 3  
When you uninstalled did you go into program files and make sure you deleted the whole folder aswell. This may change something it may not. Do it all again then try to play the game and if it works then mod you senate thing (back up ALLLLLL files) and if it doesnt work try another allready made file.

bag of weed - £40
skins - 99p
new muse cd - £6
getting stoned out your head on your night off listening to tunes
PRICELESS
"Well I've already been under and on top of 5 women at this point of my life so I guess it evens out." - DominicusUltimus
posted 19 November 2005 12:34 EDT (US)     2 / 3  

Quote:

i totally uninstalled rtw and bi and then reinstalled rtw,

I'm assuming you did all (not just some) of this. If so, then we can fix your problem.

Quote:

edited the appropriate files to enable using the senate and it didn't work, nor can I : start a new campaign even with legal factions start a new prologue

You did not do this step correctly. Revert to the original files which I am sure you backed up before touching anything you attempted to edit. The game will start proplerly. Now, begin again.

What patch do you use (you did not say you reinstalled BI)? It makes all the difference in the world. If it's 1.3, you need to add descriptions for each civ you want to play. Follow the examples of the other civs in the same dir; the content need not make sense. But you need the files. PS, this was not necessary in patch 1.2.

If you still have problems, explain in detail more of what you did, exactly.

Good hunting....

posted 19 November 2005 16:37 EDT (US)     3 / 3  
I tried reinstalling bi AFTER i put up this post and it didn't work, but i didn't check to see if I actually deleted the files after i uninstalled it, well ill just have to do this regiment again and hope it works *sighs*
Total War Heaven » Forums » Technical Help and Bug Reporting » reinstall... and it doesn't work!!!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames