You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help and Bug Reporting

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: help me
posted 20 November 2005 13:10 EDT (US)   
for some reason this thing stops me from playing bi anymore c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\runtime\0701\intel32\ ctor.dll
thats the message wat comes up plz help
Replies:
posted 20 November 2005 21:40 EDT (US)     1 / 2  
This is an installer issue. InstallShield itself has poorly coordinated revisions, and you have installed something with a version that conflicted (it was not your fault, it was primarily the fault of InstallShield).

The cure is easy. Usually. Delete all the contents of the runtime directory, including all directories (e.g., like the 701).

It is possible that if BI still complains that you will need to install again. If so, then clean out you windows TEMP directory, ensure the above runtime directory is empty, and do this:

1. Disconnect from the Internet and disable Anti-virus protection during install.
2. Remove all sypware and adware.
3. Kill (close) all background programs and unnecessary processes.
4. Made sure no device conflicts in Settings - Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager.
5. Made sure Sound is installed correctly.
6. Uninstall WMP10, then reinstall WMP10; download the WMP10 standalone installer (13 MB) for free from MS here .
7. Install DirectX 9.0c and verify it is working (run DXDiag tests).
8. Do a careful, FULL manual uninstall as described here.
9. Install the game.
10. Update using Patch 1.2 or Patch 1.3.
11. Reconnect to the internet & test the game.

This procedure will ensure your system installs RTW from a state that is known good. If you skip steps, or blow some stuff off, you won't cause damage, but your install may not work and if it does not, you will need to start all over again (so it costs you more time, in essense).

NOte: Be sure to back up any files you want to keep before deleting RTW.

posted 21 November 2005 11:07 EDT (US)     2 / 2  
thank you
Total War Heaven » Forums » Technical Help and Bug Reporting » help me
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames