You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help and Bug Reporting

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: All films, clips and introduction does not work.
posted 22 November 2005 15:47 EDT (US)   
My Rome total war introduction dosn't play and never did. There is no background on the main menu just black and the short clips before you start a faction campain dosn't play either. there should be cause i played it at friends house. And my computer is really good. It was bought a month ago and costs 1.5k thats 1500 pounds/quid so all my graphics card are up to date. I `have direct x 9.1 and i have windows media format.

Why dosn't the clips run.

Thank you.

Replies:
posted 22 November 2005 16:06 EDT (US)     1 / 2  
If you have windows media player 9, upgrade to 10. If you have 10, reinstall it. That should fix it.

Oopsey daisy, dowsed in flames survive....

www.maniacproductions.co.uk

posted 22 November 2005 17:24 EDT (US)     2 / 2  
Have you ever seen annoying mouse trails all over the screen when the game options menus are displayed (it makes the menus almost unreadable)? Or a reddish background screen (the red screens at when you start the game)?

Either way, Zygodactyl's advice is good to follow. This is how I'd do it in your case:

1. Kill (close) all background programs and unnecessary processes (CTRL-ALT-DEL).
2. Made sure no device conflicts in Settings - Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager.
3. Made sure Sound is installed correctly.
4. Uninstall WMP10, then reinstall WMP10; download the WMP10 standalone installer (13 MB) for free from MS here .
5. Install DirectX 9.0c and verify it is working (run DXDiag tests); download it for free here.

Total War Heaven » Forums » Technical Help and Bug Reporting » All films, clips and introduction does not work.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames