You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help and Bug Reporting

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Game Crashes when loading a battle
posted 25 November 2005 16:22 EDT (US)   
Im sure this has been asked be4 and sry if im reposting a question but when run RTW it works fine and i can custom battles fine and i can even play the campign map fine

Its just when i try goin into a battle when playin on the campgin map that it crashes while it loads.

I only have 4 mods on the game and cant figure out wuts that problem i installed them correctly and everything.

Greek Swordsmen
elite crete archers.v2
primigenia
and the All factions unlocked mod

I really have no clue wut that problem is because even when i go into a battle im usin units that arent even modded, just some milita hoplites and a general...

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Replies:
posted 25 November 2005 17:48 EDT (US)     1 / 3  
Some mods aren't compatible with each other, even if they are individually installed correctly, as they use the same files as each other.

These files will contain the data from the latest mod installed, and so data in that file that an older mod needs may not be there, which can cause a crash.

So to fix it, you'll probably want to remove the mods. You can do that by reinstalling, or I think there's a file in the downloads section of this site with most of the original data files.

'The Phoenix can fly only when its feathers are grown'

Formerly Zygodactyl

[This message has been edited by Xygr (edited 11-25-2005 @ 05:50 PM).]

posted 25 November 2005 21:37 EDT (US)     2 / 3  
Xygr has good advice.... don't mix mods... unless you understand and take responsibility for understanding the changes and interaction yourself. Mod makers have no way of knowing your mod mix, and certainly do not text all permutaions!

Get back to a clean version of RTW, e.g., RTW + patch 1.2 with no mods at all. The best way is to do a full restore. If you cannot, then reinstall. Personally, I'd do a deaktop install, here. Don't skip steps unless you understand why & what impact you have by not doing them. You want a known good RTW install, then back it up, then add one mod at a time, and text after each step.

posted 26 November 2005 14:20 EDT (US)     3 / 3  
yea i got 2 annoyed in figuring out the problem so i just reinstalled it and im just going take one mod at a time and c if they work 2gether. thanks
Total War Heaven » Forums » Technical Help and Bug Reporting » Game Crashes when loading a battle
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames