Bottom
Topic Subject: Patch 1.5/1.6 Install Help + Experiences + Bugs
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 09 December 2005 14:13 EDT (US)   
Patch 1.5/1.6 Install Help + Your Experiences + Bugs/Issues

PURPOSE
1. Locate download links.
2. Estimate patching time requirements.
3. Your patch experience: post your successful (or unsuccessful) install experiences; it might help others (be sure to state your basic system specs; see example).
4. Summary of Reported patch issues, bugs, comments.

1. USEFUL LINKS:
DOWNLOAD Patch 1.3, 1.5, 1.6
README for Patch 1.5/1.6
export_descr_buildings.txt - (Only for Patch 1.5 & 1.6!) this file must be placed in the RTW Data directory (e.g., c:\Program Files\Rome - Total War\data).
Here is Patch 1.2
Manually uninstall RTW
Desktop Install RTW 1.0
Install multiple versions of RTW in one drive.

2. TASK ACCOMPLISHMENT APPROXIMATIONS:

TASK                       :  TIME (Typical)
========================== ==============================================
Auto-uninstall RTW : about 3 minutes.
Manually uninstall RTW : over 1 hour.
CD-based RTW 1.0 install : about 20 minutes.
Desktop Install RTW 1.0 : about 10 minutes (after 3 CD contents copied).
Install Patch 1.3 : less than 30 seconds.
Install Patch 1.5 : less than 5 seconds.
Install Epona Roman Fix : about 30 seconds (locate DATA directory).

3. YOUR PATCH EXPERIENCES:

Make a post in this thread describing how your patch went. Include basic system info, like CPU, RAM, Graphic Card (GPU), Operating System (OS)+Service Pack (SP), what RTW(s) versions you installed, and comments.

Example of report format:

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2600+
GRAPHIC CARD: nVidia MX400 integrated, 128MB RAM
INSTALLED RTW PATCHES+MODS: Installed 1.3 and 1.5 + All Factions Mod
COMMENTS: Patched successfully to 1.3, then patched successfully to 1.5. Tested good for all campaigns. Successfully loaded and played 1.2 saves, but 1.3 saves were not tested. Scipii now behave normally in Sicily.......

4. SUMMARY OF REPORTED ISSUES, BUGS, COMMENTS:

PATCH 1.5 ISSUES:
* - If you install Patch 1.5 over 1.2, Patch 1.5 seems to partly uninstall some stuff and then make a mess. I was not able to do a successful auto uninstall as a result, and had to do the manual uninstall procedure.
* - It seems that Naked Fanatics are still recruitable as Gaul.

PATCH 1.6 ISSUES:
? - It seems that Naked Fanatics are still recruitable as Gaul.
? - Have only tested on Goths and Franks, if you are in the Red with your cash and use the horde button then sack the city you just left you get 2Billion Denarii but only if your in the red. [**could this be a dev cheat code? Is it repeatable?]
** All factions, not only Romans, can upgrade to an Awesome Temple or Pantheon temple_of_horse (Epona).

KEY:
? - Can more people check this out & post?
* - Pretty solid evidence.
** - Confirmed by more than one person.

Note: README for CA Patch 1.5 and Patch 1.6 moved here (post#5) to reduce clutter.

EDIT: Added link for Patch 1.2.

EDIT: (30Dec2005) A (relatively minor) bug affecting only Patches 1.5 & 1.6 is now officially corrected in an "ADDITIONAL ROME CAMPAIGN FIX FOR PATCHES 1.5/1.6". CA intended for only Romans to upgrade a temple_of_horse past level 3, and says "Only Romans are now able to build an Awesome Temple or a Pantheon of Epona". In an unprecedented move for RTW, they provide a single-file fix:export_descr_buildings.txt - this file must be placed in the Rome data directory. Example path: c:\Program Files\Rome - Total War\data.

EDIT: (01Jan2006) Add:
Some people are having troubles with different versions of RTW/BI, and replaying/continuing savegames, like here. Based on known or published information, here is a summary matrix. If anyone has experiences other than this, post and explain so we can investigate/update/correct.

Matrix of RTW Campaign Savegame Compatibility
(revision 1.0)

1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6

1.0 YES YES YES NO NO YES YES

1.1 YES YES YES NO NO YES YES

1.2 YES YES YES NO NO YES YES

1.3 NO NO NO YES YES YES YES

1.4 NO NO NO YES YES YES YES

1.5 NO NO NO NO NO YES YES

1.6 NO NO NO NO NO YES YES

Notes:
1. The savegame is in the vertical column, on the left .
2. The version you want to play your savegame in is read across.
3. The way to read it is to ask, "Can my savegame saved in patch Y load/play with patch X?".

For instance:
- "Can my Patch 1.2 savegame be loaded & played in a Patch 1.3 version of RTW?" (No, it cannot)
- "I saved a game with original RTW (1.0); can it be played in a Patch 1.5 version of RTW?" (Yes, it can)
- "I saved RTW campaign game with BI (1.6); can it be played in a Patch 1.2 version of RTW?" (No, it cannot)

[This message has been edited by Wartrain (edited 01-01-2006 @ 07:42 AM).]

Replies:
posted 14 December 2005 16:09 EDT (US)     1 / 36  
CPU:Pentium(R)4 3.00GHz
GRAPHIC CARD:Radeon 9200 512MB Ram
RTW BI:No Mods
COMMENTS: Have only tested on Goths and Franks, If you are in the Red with your cash and use the horde button then sack the city you just left you get 2Billion Denarii but only if your in the red.

The fear of war is worse than war itself.
— Seneca
Homer: God bless those pagans.
posted 14 December 2005 16:51 EDT (US)     2 / 36  
Alright, say that I install BI over a version of RTW that's patched to 1.2. Would I have to update the BI to 1.5, then 1.6? Would I have to apply any regular RTW updates?

"I might not mind, only because you'll get rid of that signiture, and stop that stupid scroll bar."- Mebertus
"We who are about to die, salute you"-Gladiators to Ceasar
The offical follower of The Philosophy of Moderation
posted 14 December 2005 18:18 EDT (US)     3 / 36  
OK, I have deliberately been fouling up the installs of Patch 1.5 this afternoon.

If you install Patch 1.5 over 1.2, Patch 1.5 seems to partly uninstall some stuff and then make a mess. I was not able to do a successful auto uninstall as a result, and had to do a full manual uninstall, with additional steps that I've now added to the ever-growing manual uninstall procedure.

CA seems pretty "serious" when they say you need to have a Patch 1.3 install before attempting a Patch 1.5.

IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT ABOUT YOUR PATCH 1.3 CONFIGURATION, then I suggest you:
1. Back up your savegames, preferences.txt & your own mods.
2. Automatic uninstall RTW (auto install is much easier than full manual uninstall!)
3. Reinstall RTW 1.0
4. Patch to 1.3
5. Patch it to 1.5.

If you want to run SEVERAL VERSIONS of RTW on the same machine, then:
1. Back up your savegames, preferences.txt & your own mods.
2. Automatic uninstall (auto install is much easier than full manual uninstall!)
3. Reinstall RTW 1.0
4. Patch to 1.2 & copy (I also RAR it) the installed folder to a new location.
5. Patch to 1.3
6. Patch it to 1.5 & copy the installed folder to a new place.
7. Replicate the 1.2 and/or 1.5 folders to meed your needs (e.g., mod installs).
8. Play RTW from the replicated folders (a good CD#1 must always be present no matter which location RTW is started from)

TASK : TIME (Typical)
Auto-Install RTW : about 3 minutes.
Manually uninstall RTW : over 1 hour.
CD-based RTW 1.0 install : about 20 minutes.
Desktop Install RTW 1.0 : about 10 minutes (after 3 CD contents copied).
Install Patch 1.3 : less than 30 seconds.
Install Patch 1.5 : less than 5 seconds.

Manually uninstall RTW
Desktop Install RTW 1.0
posted 14 December 2005 18:25 EDT (US)     4 / 36  
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2600+
GRAPHIC CARD: nVidia MX400 integrated, 128MB RAM, 2-2-2-5-1 timings
RTW: Patch 1.2 with All Factions Mod
Patch 1.5 plain vanilla

COMMENTS: The Auto uninstall of RTW failed, when it was run AFTER attempting to use the 1.5 patch on a plain vanilla patch 1.2 install. The subsequent attempt to force an install of RTW also failed (it reported the 'existing' RTW install would be 'uninstalled', but all the files were already gone from the installed directory!). I uninstalled RTW completely, using the full manual uninstall (it took me 30 minutes to slowly go through the procedure). Patched successfully to 1.3, then patched successfully to 1.5. Campaign testing and bug fix checking is incomplete, so far.

posted 15 December 2005 07:53 EDT (US)     5 / 36  
================== README FOR PATCH 1.5 and 1.6 =====================

Rome: Total War Patch 1.5

Installation

You need to upgrade your version of RTW to version 1.3 before you install the 1.5 patch. If you do not, the patching process will not work and your game is unlikely to function.

This read-me details the main fixes made to the game. Other minor fixes and balances have been carried out.

Campaign Map

- We have fixed the “memory leak” slowdown issue that was seen when playing the campaign map for prolonged periods.
-- We have fixed the Naval battles that were not working correctly in version 1.3. AI-controlled factions will now make proper use of ships.
-- Saved games from version 1.2 will work in version 1.5. A couple of other problems with saved games have also been fixed to prevent crashes.
- The Gauls can no longer recruit Naked Fanatics as they no longer have farming-related shrines and temples.
- Academy-class buildings now give a law bonus, as they do in the BI expansion pack. These buildings now have uses in cities without governors or generals in residence.
- Only Roman factions can hold Games at an Arena-class building.
- Diplomacy has been “tweaked” so that Roman diplomatic activity is more coherent.
- Fleeing armies can now only flee once after a large battle defeat.

Units

- We have added secondary low-quality sword to the phalanx-capable German Spearman Warband.
- Removed inappropriate officer from Rebel Archer Warband units.
- Reduced hit points for German Berserkers from 3 to 2 (matching those in BI).

Battle Map

- Improvements have been made to prevent men spilling around the base of siege towers.
- There was a pathfinding issue that made river battles very slow. This has been fixed.
- Improvements have been made to the AI when orchestrating Skirmish Maneouvres.
- The AI will now use 'fire at will' with idle units so that they throw pila at nearby enemies.
- The AI will now make a decision about throwing pila before charging into combat based on the location of enemy units.

Rome: Total War – Barbarian Invasion Patch 1.6

There are a numerous areas of code that were looked at for the patch fix. The list below is the main fixes that have been made;
other minor fixes and balancing changes were also carried out.

Campaign Map

- Generals’ night fighting ability is granted at 4 stars rather than 5
- We have fixed the “memory leak” slowdown that was seen on the Campaign map during extended play
- Loyalty is now available with all shadow factions.
- The faction leader will now not revolt.
-- When a horde is created, horde units are no longer added to existing armies that occupy forts.
-- We have fixed a bug that causes hordes to avoid fighting armies on bridges on the campaign map.
- We have given Gratianus Flavius a unit of Imperial German Bodyguards to fix a missing general's unit bug in the starting positions.
- We have made fixes to settlement tax updating, so that it correctly updates tax policy when changing governors
- We fixed a bug that caused diplomats to gather at extreme southwest corner of map in some cases.
- Fixed crash where settlement recruitment queue for rebellions was exceeding max size.
- The Marriage Event trigger now works.
- There are a large number of changes to the balance of the game in response to the extended play that has been done by forum users.
- Fixed an issue where disembarkation paths were being left on the terrain.
- The Nomad voices have been changed from Greek to Barbarian.
- We have fixed crash where settlement recruitment queue for rebellions was exceeding max size.

Battle Map

- Improvements have been made to prevent men spilling around the base of siege towers.
- There was a pathfinding issue that made river battles very slow. This has been fixed.
- Improvements have been made to the AI when orchestrating Skirmish Maneouvres.
- The AI will now use 'fire at will' with idle units so that they throw pila at nearby enemies.
- The AI will now make a decision about throwing pila before charging into combat based on the location of enemy units.
-- The unit experience upgrade “sparkling” effect can now be turned off using the UNIT_EXPERIENCE_UPGRADE_EFFECT tag in preferences.txt.

posted 16 December 2005 08:28 EDT (US)     6 / 36  
This post (Patch Problems-Wartrain help!! ) is going to be a common occurrence for some installing Patch 1.3/1.5. The reply is quoted below.

==============================BEGIN QUOTED=============================

Quoted from manual uninstall procedure (Wartain rev 1.50, 14Dec2005):

1-29) Cleanup. Now you need to search the registry for 4 patterns:
DB158DBF91FB (does it match 4089999C-6CB7-4F9D-A2F6-DB158DBF91FB ?)
13C8F3D38C43 (does it match B6BB246A-D1AC-2414-D84D-13C8F3D38C43 ?)
318C3F3DC834 (does it match A642BB6B-CA1D-4142-8DD4-318C3F3DC834 ?)
9FE8B7391CF9 (does it match A5D65411-8E73-4C85-AD80-9FE8B7391CF9 ?)
"Rome - Total War"

1-30) Delete the "Rome - Total War" related Parent Key which is associated with each relevant match

What is a "Parent Key"? It is the related key that contains relevant RTW or Activision or Sega or The Creative Assembly data.
The keys that have long numeric names (called CLSIDs) in the Install/Installer/Uninstall-related parts of the registry are the ones that frequently cause re-install failures.

What to look for when deleting a RTW-related key.

1-31) A "Rome - Total War" entry should not appear in Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs

1-32) If the RTW install process later attempts to Uninstall RTW first, then you need to repeat 1-29 thru 1-31.

This part will catch the stuff causing you problems. I have also added screenshots to help people see what it looks like. You must be careful in deleting things that you only delete stuff related to Rome - Total War & activision.

Also, the CLSIDs are very important. These are huge numbers that are, in effect, unique for RTW-related stuff. Things associated with them should be deleted, as described.

If you don't do this method, there are also other ways, but I consider them more dangerous and/or more difficult for registry newbies. You can always reinstall XP from scratch, which will let you begin with a new registry (takes a long time though).

This procedure will take you more than an hour and be very very tedious and boring. Do not rush it. Be slow and deliberate. Back up your registry first, if you have a 3rd party utility to do it. You can use MS's System Restore, too. And you can reboot to last known good with F8 key at boot time if things really go south.

I have had 12-year olds do this successfuly, and I have had 35-year olds leave their registry unusable. The only difference was willingness and ability to follow a simple, but tedious, procedure.

Deleting registry entries is no more dangerous than deleting files from your folders with Explorer... Regedit is just the "Explorer" of the database called the "Windows Registry". Mistakes (deleting wrong stuff) can leave your system messed up in both cases.

So good luck.

Note: There will be lots of others that will read this post, too, with this problem in coming weeks. If it helps you, then post. You will help others as a result. Don't just fix your machine and not post back, preferrably in the Patch 1.5/1.6 Install Help + Experiences + Bugs thread.
==============================END QUOTED=============================

[This message has been edited by Wartrain (edited 12-16-2005 @ 08:33 AM).]

posted 23 December 2005 11:04 EDT (US)     7 / 36  
BI install over Patch 1.5.

[This message has been edited by Wartrain (edited 12-23-2005 @ 11:06 AM).]

posted 27 December 2005 14:18 EDT (US)     8 / 36  
All Changes from Patch 1.2 to Patch 1.5 in export_descr_character_traits.txt are listed, and some discussed, here.
posted 27 December 2005 15:12 EDT (US)     9 / 36  
dromedarrii posted some experience with patch 1.6 here.
posted 30 December 2005 13:11 EDT (US)     10 / 36  
Added: A single-file Fix has been released by CA.

export_descr_buildings.txt - (Fix: only for Patch 1.5 & 1.6!) this file must be placed in the RTW Data directory (e.g., c:\Program Files\Rome - Total War\data).

2. TASK ACCOMPLISHMENT APPROXIMATIONS:

TASK                       :  TIME (Typical)
Install Epona Roman Fix : about 30 seconds (locate DATA directory).

(30Dec2005) A (relatively minor) bug affecting only Patches 1.5 & 1.6 is now officially corrected in an "ADDITIONAL ROME CAMPAIGN FIX FOR PATCHES 1.5/1.6". CA intended for only Romans to upgrade a temple_of_horse past level 3, and says "Only Romans are now able to build an Awesome Temple or a Pantheon of Epona". In an unprecedented move for RTW, they provide a single-file fix:export_descr_buildings.txt - this file must be placed in the Rome data directory. Example path: c:\Program Files\Rome - Total War\data.

posted 01 January 2006 07:39 EDT (US)     11 / 36  
Some people are having troubles with different versions of RTW/BI, and replaying/continuing savegames, like here. Based on known or published information, here is a summary matrix. If anyone has experiences other than this, post and explain so we can investigate/update/correct.

Matrix of RTW Campaign Savegame Compatibility
(revision 1.0)

1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6

1.0 YES YES YES NO NO YES YES

1.1 YES YES YES NO NO YES YES

1.2 YES YES YES NO NO YES YES

1.3 NO NO NO YES YES YES YES

1.4 NO NO NO YES YES YES YES

1.5 NO NO NO NO NO YES YES

1.6 NO NO NO NO NO YES YES

Notes:
1. The savegame is in the vertical column, on the left .
2. The version you want to play your savegame in is read across.
3. The way to read it is to ask, "Can my savegame saved in patch Y load/play with patch X?".

For instance:
- "Can my Patch 1.2 savegame be loaded & played in a Patch 1.3 version of RTW?" (No, it cannot)
- "I saved a game with original RTW (1.0); can it be played in a Patch 1.5 version of RTW?" (Yes, it can)
- "I saved RTW campaign game with BI (1.6); can it be played in a Patch 1.2 version of RTW?" (No, it cannot)
posted 15 January 2006 18:01 EDT (US)     12 / 36  
The saved game matrix thing says that any saved game can be played on version 1.5. I am not sure what version I saved the game I am trying to play on, but I believe it was 1.2. I installed Patch 1.3 and then Patch 1.5. Now I cannot play the saved game. I get a crash to desktop. I apologize if I have gone about this the wrong way or if I have not provided enough information. Can someone help me, please?
posted 17 January 2006 00:36 EDT (US)     13 / 36  
The saved game is advertized by CA to play any savegame. However, if the savegame has even a slight "corruption" (like due to a glitch, or program "burp"), then its toast in 1.5, and probably in 1.2, too. Will it still load and play in 1.2 (not "did it play in the past", but "does it play right this moment?").

If it won't play in 1.2 or 1.5, then its probably lost. If it plays in 1.2, but not 1.5, then just use 1.2 to finish it out.

If you have any mods, no matter how trivial, your chances of a prior save polaying in 1.5/1.6 go down (the general "odds" that is, which is no guarantee of results).

You can use the Multi-install to run several version of RTW. I run 3 to 6, depending on what I'm testing .

posted 07 February 2006 06:35 EDT (US)     14 / 36  
hi wartrain..

computer spect's

amd sempron 2400+ 1.7 gig
ddr 1.3 gig
40 gig hardrive
geforce 6200 ultra ddr2 256 meg
asus a7n8x-x mother board
windows xp home edition
directx 9.0c
dvd-r cd rom
dvd rom
nvidia ac97 sound onboardnow the problem::

there seems to be another bug with rome total war and graphics cards. i baught a new geforce 6200 ddr2 256 meg
card. when you play rome on its own . no patches or updates or even barbarian installed the game runs but slowly in places and fast in other places.. when u install any patches or barbarian the game freezes. it gets stuck in a loop.. ive asked activision and sega. but with no reply from either 5 days later...
so if you know anyone with an answer to this it would be greatfully appreciated.. ive uninstalled the game removed all files in registry and in windows. installed it again with the same effect. the only other option i have is to uninstall windows and reinstall it again... help would be appreciated

[This message has been edited by multiplex2006 (edited 02-07-2006 @ 06:45 AM).]

posted 21 February 2006 15:45 EDT (US)     15 / 36  
When I download patch 1.6 and then try to extract it from the zipped folder, I get an error saying "Unexpected end of file". I've tried running it instead of saving or opening, but I get errors for that too. Any idea what the problem could be?
posted 04 March 2006 09:15 EDT (US)     16 / 36  
I'm getting Greeks as senate office holders in RTW (with 1.6 patch installed).

Civile, si ergo fortibusis in ero. Vassis inem causan dux. Gnossis vile demsis trux.
posted 04 March 2006 19:16 EDT (US)     17 / 36  
RTW is only up to 1.5
Are you sure it's a bug and it's not just a really weird Roman name?
Are you sure he wasn't married in?

St Jimmy
Angel face and a taste for suicidal
posted 07 March 2006 12:45 EDT (US)     18 / 36  

I downloaded the combined 1.5/1.6 BI patch.

They have Greek names and Greek pictures. 'Foreigners' should be ineligible for Senate posts (and always were until this patch).

Civile! Si ergo fortibusis in ero.
Wassis inem causan dux?
Gnossis vile demsis trux!

I suggest that before badgering for a translation you take the time to read it out loud. Thankyou.
posted 16 March 2006 15:08 EDT (US)     19 / 36  
help asap please,
i have downloaded 1.3 patch, installed it, then when i try and install 1.5 it says i need 1.3. patch, i have checked the game and it is indeed 1.3. but for some reason it says i havent had it installed, i did the repair thing in the 1.3 installation, restarted, still doesnt work the 1.5. patch, saying, "u need to install 1.3. before bla bla"

now i thought of few ways to fix this which is maybe i think? i need all the individual files for 1.5. copied and pasted and it'll be fine or something else, SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME I WANT TO PLAY ON THE NET!

posted 19 April 2006 23:18 EDT (US)     20 / 36  
Hey mate,
ive play this game on my comp all the time, but recently ive been unable to see it, by that i mean i can hear the music and all, intro etc, but the monitor tells me that it is out of range... this seems to be the porblem, but ive checked the resolution on it and it states the minimum requirements of 1024 x 768 Monitor Resolution, which it is set on. Also I have re-reset the resolution yet it does not allow me to do so. Ive tried reinstalling it but to no preveil. All my other requirements are ment and everything seems to be running .. except i cant see it
IVe also got 4.5Gs of free space so that cant be it.

plz plz help mE!
Thank you in advance !!!

posted 22 March 2007 23:47 EDT (US)     21 / 36  
Help needed please cannot patch rtw v1.5 and 1.6 !!!!!!!
my system:
amd 64 3500+ (overclocked to 4100+)
graphics: nvidia 7600gt (msi) (overclocked as well)

I had rtw patched to 1.3 without any problem
and also installed rtw: bi without any problem
then try to patch v1.5 or v1.6
From the beginnig after a few click
everything seems ok and ready to patch
After pressing enter and waiting a couple of seconds
I got Setup.exe error
Press enter to see what's wrong I got this message
signature error
event type: BEX
something may be also to do with oleaut32.dll
(having checked the version of oleaut32.dll seems ok,
also run ms vb60run.exe to make sure oleaut32.dll is correct)
(ps. previously having a amd xp sytem with graphics fx5200 and similar os, there is no problem at all)

no answer after seaching on internet for days
really need help!

posted 03 April 2007 17:48 EDT (US)     22 / 36  
Hi

Can a moderator could repair the links to patches in the first post of this thread?...please !

Ive sent several players from the multiplayer site to this site...only to find the download links are busted. Get the first post right and we might gain a few new forum members. Leave it broke and they may never return.

[This message has been edited by Severous (edited 04-11-2007 @ 11:24 AM).]

posted 06 April 2007 16:09 EDT (US)     23 / 36  
A good link for patches.

http://www.totalwar.com/index.html?page=/en/support/supportrome.html&nav=/en/7/2/

[This message has been edited by Severous (edited 04-11-2007 @ 05:43 AM).]

posted 02 April 2008 16:25 EDT (US)     24 / 36  
CPU: Intel Pentium IV 2.40 GHz
Graphics Card: GeForce FX 5500
Installed Patches/Mods: R:TW Gold Edition which includes Rome Total War patched to 1.5 and Barbarian Invasion patched to 1.4. XGM 5.6.6 in its own copy of R:TW (1.5).

Comments: I began with making an extra copy of R:TW which would become my Vanilla. I then installed BI on the original R:TW. Later, I installed the XGM 5.6.6 mod (their latest) and everything was working fine. Then, I decided to install Fourth Age: Total War - The New Shadow in a separate folder which had BI: Vanilla in it. After an unsuccessful attempt at playing, I found out that my version of BI was only patched up to 1.4. I then sent the folder with the now useless FA:TW mod to my recycle bin. I went to the SEGA site and downloaded the patch to 1.6 without hassle. When I tried to install it, it came up with an a message saying: "RomeTW.exe has not been detected."

What do I do?

Scientia potestas est.
"Hello, I_Jedi. We haven't met before, but I just wanted to say, I don't like you. Have a nice day." -- Viceroy Billy
posted 02 April 2008 17:10 EDT (US)     25 / 36  
Double check your copy of RTW. If you installed BI at 1.4 then it probably set RTW back to 1.3 as well. It did that to me.

When you said you installed FATW into a separate folder that had BI, was that a separate folder in your original RTW folder? Or was it to a separate folder somewhere else on your hard drive? Or did you make a complete copy of RTW and BI to a separate folder and subfolder on your drive? The reason being that if you only copied the BI folder somewhere outside of an RTW folder it would not work, as BI requires many of the files of RTW.

I am not sure why it is not finding the RTW executable however.

Try taking a look here at the complete manual uninstall. Do not perform it, just check your registry to see if the strings it mentions are present in your own registry, and that they point to a full copy of the game. So far as I know that is where the patch finds out where RTW is.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » Technical Help and Bug Reporting » Patch 1.5/1.6 Install Help + Experiences + Bugs
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames