You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help and Bug Reporting

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: please help me out, problem patching RTW to 1.3
posted 19 March 2008 01:38 EDT (US)   
ey guys what should i do...well heres the story...i can play the rome total war v1.0 but as soon as i patched it to 1.3 i already can -.- and i typed the -show_err thing it says

Script editor in data/descr_event_images.txt, at line 623, column 1.
unknown event string faction_defeated_by_player

what should i do? these thing is already messing up my head....i already uninstalled and re installed it many times totally deleting all rome folders and related folders leaving no trace...then reinstalling v1.0 is ok but 1.3 is not
Please please help me out
ty so much
Replies:
posted 19 March 2008 12:14 EDT (US)     1 / 13  
Topic title changed to be more descriptive.

This might help. Make a backup copy of the file in question. Then open up the original and do a search on the following: faction_defeated_by_player

This is what I have. Does yours look the same?
faction_defeated_by_player
icon diplomacy
format use faction_defeated

[This message has been edited by SubRosa (edited 03-19-2008 @ 12:16 PM).]

posted 20 March 2008 07:52 EDT (US)     2 / 13  
i already did and something still messes my rome
that always killsmy gaming fun T.T
what should it happen to me...oh god why me!!!!!!!
i already tried that
nothings happening
faction_defeated_by_player
icon diplomacy
format use faction_defeated

yes its totally both identical(the same) -.-"

[This message has been edited by jumags (edited 03-20-2008 @ 07:56 AM).]

posted 20 March 2008 11:59 EDT (US)     3 / 13  
Take a look in RTW\Data\Descr_Event_Enums.txt. See if there is a faction_defeated_by_player string in there. If not, add it in. That might be what is causing the issue.
posted 21 March 2008 07:21 EDT (US)     4 / 13  
dude is that sure now? @_@ me got truama already...i dont have an internet connection on our village so i come here on the city everyday to chect the forums wakakaka....
posted 21 March 2008 07:41 EDT (US)     5 / 13  
As long as you make a backup of the file before you edit it, it's absolutely safe to edit it. If it doesn't work, just replace the edited file with the backup.

Hussarknight
posted 21 March 2008 07:43 EDT (US)     6 / 13  
anymore suggestions please????more more!!!
posted 21 March 2008 08:01 EDT (US)     7 / 13  
Try patching RTW to 1.3 then to 1.5. Chances are the bug won't appear in 1.5.

Hussarknight
posted 21 March 2008 08:41 EDT (US)     8 / 13  
ey dude i got another problem
the file on data descr events (anum) have the faction_defeated_by_player
so i un installed then re installed
heres the error b4 the faction_defeated_by_player error comes out
Script Error in Data/text/descr_shortcuts.tx, at line 1221 column 39
SHORTCUT_PARSE:Unknown Key (SHIFT_OR_CTRL) Parsed

[This message has been edited by jumags (edited 03-22-2008 @ 07:39 AM).]

posted 22 March 2008 12:26 EDT (US)     9 / 13  
Is that after patching it all the way up to 1.5? Or just after patching it up to 1.3? Make sure you do it in this order 1.0 -> patch to 1.3 -> patch to 1.5.

If it is still not working after patching to 1.5 I would suggest a complete manual uninstall, which you can find instructions on doing here. Make sure you do every step in the process. Then try to reinstall and patch all the way up to 1.5 again.

Edited to Add:

There is also a backup of the game's text files over the downloads area. You can always use that to restore all or some of your files before going the route of an uninstall/reinstall. I think they may only be for 1.5, but there could be a pack of them for 1.3 as well.

I would still patch all the way up to 1.5, then if you are still getting these error messages download the text files and copy them over your game files.

[This message has been edited by SubRosa (edited 03-22-2008 @ 04:08 PM).]

posted 23 March 2008 08:03 EDT (US)     10 / 13  
well i tried 1.0 (runs well) then 1.3 doesnt run then 1.5 also CTD
next un install then install
1.0-1.3-1.5 CTD
imgonna try that one ok?
well i gota crack file on my cd #1 and imcopy pasting it every patch

[This message has been edited by jumags (edited 03-23-2008 @ 08:13 AM).]

posted 23 March 2008 13:33 EDT (US)     11 / 13  
You have a crack in your cd? If that is the case take the game back to where you bought it and exchange it for a new one. That is most likely what is causing the problem.

Or if when you say crack, you mean you have a pirated executable that is certainly why the game is not patching correctly. It is also very strictly against the Code of Conduct at HeavenGames to admit to software piracy on our forums.
Pirated Materials, Cracks, Multiplayer Hacks, Keys, and Key-Generators

“Piracy” is the illegal copying and/or distribution of copyrighted content including, but not limited to, games, software, music, movies, pictures, ROMs, abandon-ware, and leaked software. “Cracks” are programs that disable copy-protection technology; “Multiplayer Hacks” are any programs, patches, files, modifications or information exposure cheats that allow a player to gain an unfair advantage over other human opponents in a multiplayer game; a “Key” is a combination of numbers and letters that is required for software installation and sometimes used to validate users for online play; and “Key-Generators” are programs that generate valid Keys.

You may not encourage, post in support of, link to, or discuss activities, methods, and/or techniques involving piracy, cracks, multiplayer hacks, keys and key-generators. In addition, the following are grounds for moderator action on your post and/or account:

* Seeking help to create cracks, multiplayer hacks and key-generators
* Seeking missing files that are supplied with installation CD(s)
* Admitting to possess pirated materials, cracks, multiplayer hacks and key-generators
* Admitting to distribute pirated materials, cracks, multiplayer hacks, keys and key-generators
* Admitting to the use of cracks, multiplayer hacks and key-generators
* Uploading any such files to HeavenGames sites

Generally breaking this rule will result in an instant permanent ban. However you may be given a warning for a first offence if, in our opinion, you are a new forumer who doesn’t understand why this is such a strict rule – this will be explained to you; any subsequent offences will result in a permanent ban.
We do our best to keep strong contacts in the gaming industry, something that has paid off with HG sites being given special favors, like two of our members having the chance to go into Sega's offices to play M2TW for a day before it was released. While other HG'ers have used our contacts to get into the gaming industry.

One thing that game designers really get upset about is people pirating their software. If we condone the discussion of using cracks and warez on our site, then they are not going to be friendly to us. Because of that we moderators across HG are extremely strict in enforcing the Code of Conduct on this.

I am not sure if you are admitting to piracy or not, which is why I have not permanently banned you. However, consider this the part of the CoC where it has been explained to you why this rule is so strict. Any further remarks on the forums about using pirated software will result in a permanent ban.

If you have any questions about the policy, send me or any moderator here an email and we will be glad to discuss it further with you there.

[This message has been edited by SubRosa (edited 03-23-2008 @ 11:55 PM).]

posted 24 March 2008 02:57 EDT (US)     12 / 13  
well i dont know why it have a crack but originally me and my bro got an original cd but he just burned the 3 cds for me coz we are living on 2 separate houses.......but now i cant find the original cd....well i dont know what to do now, since what my brother have done is an act of piracy...cant blame him....well these is kinda going to of topic portion..well thanks anyway for helping.....

[This message has been edited by jumags (edited 03-24-2008 @ 03:00 AM).]

posted 24 March 2008 13:29 EDT (US)     13 / 13  
I just asked you not to say that on the forums jumags. I am a nice person, so I am not going to give you a permanent ban, this time. However, this is an Official Warning about admitting to piracy on our forums. You can see the relevant section of the Code of Conduct in my last post. Check your email.

Topic closed.
Total War Heaven » Forums » Technical Help and Bug Reporting » please help me out, problem patching RTW to 1.3
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames