You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help and Bug Reporting

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Windows 7 (Unlocking All Factions/Saved Games)
posted 16 May 2011 18:36 EDT (US)   
Ok, so I had figured out a few things this weekend that opened this game back up to me. I was ready to uninstall it and be done with Rome.
My problems entailed the following:
-Not being able to find my saved game files (campaigns)
-Not being able to unlock the unplayable factions

After doing a little poking around the internets, I found a little Q and A site that gave me a revalation.
I wanted to unlock the factions at this particular time but Windows kept telling me I did not have permission to alter the files. Even though I am the only user and Admin on my laptop. So this little Q and A said that Windows does not like people messing around in program files. (for good reason: these contain critical system files that could be detrimental to your cpu if altered/deleted/etc.)
So it dawned on me. I had the game installed in program files (x86). Could it be that; by simply reinstalling the game in it's very own folder on the C:/ drive I could then change the Desc_strat file to my liking.
Behold, I was right!
Now my saved games are right there in the Save folder and I can now play any faction I like!

Vini, Vidi, Vino.
Replies:
posted 17 May 2011 16:30 EDT (US)     1 / 4  
Thanks for finding this out

Or, you can copy the folder you wish to change, paste it onto desktop, edit that one, delete the original and simply replace.

And to find savegames you have to press a bar at the top that reviels hidden files.

But still, good to know.
posted 18 May 2011 01:21 EDT (US)     2 / 4  
This deserves to be put on the Main FAQ.

Thanks!

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
posted 19 May 2011 11:39 EDT (US)     3 / 4  
Please do. Also feel free to tidy it up. If you need anything clarified let me know.

Vini, Vidi, Vino.
posted 20 May 2011 21:07 EDT (US)     4 / 4  
Yes, yes, YES! Thank you!!! Finally, I can play all the factions!!! Plus, I probably can run mods now! THANK YOU for discovering this!!!

EDIT: DAMMIT, it's not working again... WHY?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

[This message has been edited by jedibob5 (edited 05-20-2011 @ 10:13 PM).]

Total War Heaven » Forums » Technical Help and Bug Reporting » Windows 7 (Unlocking All Factions/Saved Games)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames