Please login or register

Spartacus: Total War

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Faction Preview: The Celts
posted 05 May 2009 16:31 EDT (US)   
The Celts

Far to the north, beyond the borders of the mysterious Gauls, live an even more mysterious people...
The Celts were the rulers of western europe many centuries before the Greek and Roman arrival to their shores and borders. Their influence brought division between those who were closer to them, thus suffering their influences, and those who lived further, maintaining their ancient lifestyle and warfare.
They have suffered influences too. From the people of the great island of Britannia of the Germans against who they fought time and time again.

The Celt rulers have tolerated their gallic brothers and sustained their germanic neighbours invasions for too long. It is time for them to retake Gaul that was once theirs and invade and defeat the Germans once and for all. Who knows? Perhaps even Iberia, a posession lost centuries ago to iberians, carthaginians and romans. To a nation of warriors and heroes, nothing is impossible. And when they have what is rightfully theirs, even the proud romans will have to bow to bow to the Celtic Kings... if they left them alive to be able to bow.

----

The Celts unit roster

Barracks

Level 1 -
Spear Warband (the shield has been inspired and, in part, copied, from an original by Halie Satanus)

Sword Warband

Level 2 -
Belgae Warriors

Level 3 -
Woad Warriors

Level 4 -
Dismounted Nobles

Archery Range
Level 1 -
Slingers

Head Hurlers

Level 2 -
Archers

Level 3 -

Level 4 -
Hunters

Onagers

Stables
Level 1 -

Level 2 -

Level 3 -
Chariots

Level 4 -
Celtic Nobles

O xelin angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti tede
Keimetha tois keinon rhemasi peithomenoi.

[This message has been edited by neo_deus (edited 11-08-2009 @ 10:25 PM).]

Replies:
posted 05 May 2009 16:39 EDT (US)     1 / 12  
Fantastic! Like it a lot.

I see you took my advice about the nobles. Good call; a lot of the BI models and skins are much better than RTW. Some, of course, are woefully worse, and rushed, but that is beside the point.
posted 05 May 2009 17:05 EDT (US)     2 / 12  
Thank you!
Yep, I didn't forgot your suggestion eheh I actually made a small/medium investigation on BI's models and skins and found very interesting things. I have to take the time to do a large investigation there!

posted 06 May 2009 02:31 EDT (US)     3 / 12  
Not bad! I like these guys even more. But I have to say I prefer the galdiators. Nice faction symbol.

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 05-06-2009 @ 02:32 AM).]

posted 06 May 2009 08:44 EDT (US)     4 / 12  
Nice to finally see a barbarian faction with a variety of units, bravo.
posted 06 May 2009 10:14 EDT (US)     5 / 12  
Thank you, Edorix. And I'm glad you like the gladiators most, since the mod is firstly about them and all

Thanks, Zoro!

posted 07 May 2009 02:57 EDT (US)     6 / 12  
Hello Neo_deus

Very nice to see the nobles in the line up. I love the work so far it is awesomated.

Thank you for your time.

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
posted 07 May 2009 07:28 EDT (US)     7 / 12  
Thank you, Awsomemated

posted 06 July 2009 19:50 EDT (US)     8 / 12  
really good work but the Gauls and Britions and possibly spanish and germania were all celtic they were just different tribes celtic was kida like the religion that they all followed that made them kinda similar
posted 06 July 2009 20:44 EDT (US)     9 / 12  
really good work but the Gauls and Britions and possibly spanish and germania were all celtic they were just different tribes celtic was kida like the religion that they all followed that made them kinda similar
Weren't the Germans a different people altogether from the Celts? I always thought that they were a different, for lack of a better phrase, ethnicity from the Celtic peoples.

I'm liking the unit roster Neo, can't wait for the release.

"I think the lesson here is: It doesn't matter where you're from, as long as we're all the same religion." - Peter Griffin

Danish Dreams
posted 08 July 2009 18:15 EDT (US)     10 / 12  
The Gauls and Britons were Celts as were some, but not all, of the Iberian tribes. As for the germans they descend from a different ethnical group, I believe.

Thanks, masterbrett and Legionary

posted 09 July 2009 17:54 EDT (US)     11 / 12  
your welcome

* slaps legionare*
*your welcome says legionare*
posted 01 August 2009 03:06 EDT (US)     12 / 12  
the Gauls and Britions and possibly spanish and germania were all celtic they were just different tribes celtic was kida like the religion that they all followed that made them kinda similar
Today, "Celts" appertains to any of a number of tribes spanning from Scotland to Spain to Central Anatolia, who spoke a Celtic language (Wellsh, Breton, and Scots Gaelic are examples of surviving Celtic languages). The Romans, on the other hand, did not think of all these people as Celts. The Britons are never once referred to as Celts; the only written evidence we have for Celtic migration to the British Isles is that Caesar says that the Belgae settles on the South coast. The Romans only referred to "Celts" as being a much smaller group of peoples, including parts of Spain, pretty much all of Gaul, the Po Valley, and much of the Alps. So not a religion, although this may have been shared by many of the Celtic peoples; a language by today's definition, and a culture by the Romans'.

Still, I like this way. Putting Celts in the North. It's somehow suitable.

EDIT: If you want to be more historically accurate, you should know that the so-called "Woad Warriors" did not actually paint hemselves with woad. Woad is an indigo dye, which is much too dark to be recognisable as "blue". They used a glass-based dye known as vitrum, or possibly a copper pigment. Just in case you want to know.

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 08-01-2009 @ 03:08 AM).]

Total War Heaven » Forums » Spartacus: Total War » Faction Preview: The Celts
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames