Please login or register

Spartacus: Total War

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Faction Preview: The Kingdom of Bithynia and Pergamum
posted 06 May 2009 21:38 EDT (US)   
The Kingdom of Bithynia and Pergamum

The rulers of Bithynia asserted their independence even before Alexander's conquest of the Persian Empire, and after it managed to maintain their own rulers by a politic of alliance.
Nicomedes I was Bythinia's greatest King. His rule was long and prosperous and he even founded the capital of the kingdom, Nicomedia. His successors maintained the strength and independence of the kingdom for several years even when the power of Rome reached their lands, after the first Macedonic War.

The Atallid dynasty was, by anyone's standards, a great one. They encouraged trade, art, founded cities and improved those already existent. The capital of it's Kingdom was Pergamum, one of the largest and most beautiful cities in the ancient world.
The Atallid kings allied themselves with Rome since the first Macedonic War and maintained that alliance during many years and many wars, even being rewarded with conquered territory after the war against the Seleucid Empire.
When king Atallus III died without an heir he bequeathed the whole of the Kingdom of Pergamum to Rome in order do prevent civil war. But the Senate of Rome, always a reluctant heir, was happy to put it under control of another of its allies, the King of Bithynia, thus forming the Kingdom of Bithynia and Pergamum.

The Kingdom of Bithynia and Pergamum is considered Amicis Populus Romanus, i. e., friend and ally of the roman people. It maintains its independence and native princes, and as long as it does nothing that goes against the will of the roman senate, it will not interfere.

The kings of Pontus have desired to absorb Bithynia into their own posessions for too long, and Mithridates VI, named The Great by his people, almost managed to do it, if not for the quick intervention of Rome. Now they must prepare to defende their borders against the Pontic agressor and, who knows, perhaps even expand their frontiers. The senate of Rome is known for being more than willing to delegate the rule of foreign provinces to those who help them fighting.
And with all the trouble in the West, who knows for how long Rome will stand strong enough to maintain their arm so streched...

----

Kingdom of Bithynia and Pergamum unit roster

Barracks
Level 1 - City Militia

Level 2 - Galatian Infantry

Level 3 - Galatian Spearmen

Level 4 - Greek Infantry

Level 5 - Galatian Heavy Infantry

Archery Range
Level 1 - Skirmishers

Level 2 - Greek Archers

Level 3 -

Level 4 - Onagers

Level 5 - Heavy Onagers

Stables
Level 1 - Mounted Skirmishers

Level 2 -

Level 3 - Galatian Cavalry

Level 4 -

Level 5 - King's Companions

O xelin angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti tede
Keimetha tois keinon rhemasi peithomenoi.

Replies:
posted 07 May 2009 00:29 EDT (US)     1 / 12  
Looks briliant!

you like something both hardcore and whack
2009 RLT & ETWH Craziest Forummer Award!
I had to remove the excessive numbers of smilies I used á la VampiricCannibal so as not to inconvenience low bandwidth users too much... - Edorix
posted 07 May 2009 07:30 EDT (US)     2 / 12  
Thank you, Vampiric Canniba. That smile is the best lool

posted 07 May 2009 08:29 EDT (US)     3 / 12  
Very nice. I think this will probably be the first factions I play, after the Gladiators of course. The Galatian Cavalry particularly look suberb.
posted 07 May 2009 09:34 EDT (US)     4 / 12  
Thanks. This is one of my favourites too!

posted 08 May 2009 02:13 EDT (US)     5 / 12  
Ummmm............ Wow.
posted 08 May 2009 08:23 EDT (US)     6 / 12  
Those units looks very nice. The armour on the shoulders of the Galatian Spearmen looks a bit odd in the first picture, though.

Hussarknight
posted 08 May 2009 08:41 EDT (US)     7 / 12  
I think it should be flipped so it faces the other way.
posted 08 May 2009 18:23 EDT (US)     8 / 12  
Thanks Ancient Zoro and Hussarknight.

You think the shoulder pads should be more like this?

posted 09 May 2009 08:46 EDT (US)     9 / 12  
Yes indeed. Looks much better already.
posted 11 May 2009 15:19 EDT (US)     10 / 12  
Yes indeed. Looks much better already.

posted 06 July 2009 19:42 EDT (US)     11 / 12  
the galitan infantry remind me of what I thought would be the gallic garrison units in rtw vanilla ,looks good
posted 08 July 2009 18:15 EDT (US)     12 / 12  
Thank you

Total War Heaven » Forums » Spartacus: Total War » Faction Preview: The Kingdom of Bithynia and Pergamum
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames