Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Second Semi-Annual Forummer Awards Presentation
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 23 November 2005 00:19 EDT (US)   
HEAR YE! HEAR YE!

Yes, that’s right, after all the votes have been tabulated and the “hanging chads” have stopped hanging, I have determined who has won the awards in the Second Semi-annual Forummer Awards!

****Waits for the thunderous applause to die down****

I would like to thank you all for attending. I am pleased to see that MOST of you wore clothing before coming. (There is just never any knowing about this crowd…) This shall be the night of joys for some, and heartaches for others. Not everyone can win, but in my humble opinion we are all winners. Well, I am sure that many of you are waiting with baited breath to know the results. (Especially Doitzel, after what seemed like 600 second place finishes in the last awards program.)

So lets start with the first category…Favorite RTWH Forummer. Yes that’s right. Who is that one person who you have to read a thread by, or you have to see what they posted on someone else’s thread? After careful counting the winner is…two people.

Kaiserwinterfeldt and Johndisp have the honor of sharing the award. I’m older, so I will take it home first and then ship it to KW when I get it all dusty.

So now onto the next award…Favorite RTWH Staff Member. Yep, who is it that we marvel at with awe? Who is it that overwhelms us with their honor and prestige? Well, on those criteria, it could be none other than Adder.

Now some might accuse us of “sucking up”. I prefer to think of this as “securing our continued access to RTWH”.

And we find ourselves at the Favorite Newbie Category. Who is it that, while they are still learning the ins and outs of our online home, have caught our eye and suggest a level of competence that we are glad to have?

LMAO. Well, you had a lot to live up with that name and seem to have achieved it. Congrats!

Well, now is the time when I have to give out the Favorite Oldie Award. Somebody wake up the nominees, it’s past their bedtime at the retirement home. ***Waits for dentures to be put back in*** There, now we can continue. The winner is…Cheesewhiz. ***Is pulled aside. Then comes back*** Oh, well, sorry about that. I’ve just been told this award is referring to people who have been here for a while, and not their age. ***Blushes*** Congrats Cheesewhiz!

***Waits for the dance number to get off the stage***

I really wish they could have hired better talent than the Village People to sing, “YMCA”. But you know, we are on a budget. Now back to the awards program.

We come to the Most Improved Forummer Award. Who is it that a few months ago thought a thread was what held their pants together? Who was it that thought a post was something that you attached barb wire too? Well, it doesn’t matter anymore because boy have they turned their lives around. The winner is…Dio!

That’s right, little Dio has done well.

And so we move on to the Most Unpredictable Forummer Award. Who is it that you never know what to expect from? Who is as likely to cuss in a religious thread, as pray in a thread about how to score with the hottest person in school? Well let me tell you. According to the numbers, it is none other than…Ferret.

Yep, you never know if Ferret is gonna flank those Spartans or charge his Greek Cavalry right into them, but that must be what we love about him.

To counter the uncertainty of that last award, we present the Most Predictable Forummer Award. Yep who is as guaranteed as rain everyday in London? Who is as reliable as lies from the mouth of a politician? The winner is Adder.

Yep, you can always count on Adder to close that thread, just when it gets really good? I mean, just when the spam runneth over.

The Most Realistic Forummer, the name says it all. Who has their head screwed on straight? Who knows what the real world is like and tries to give accurate advice on it. It can be none other than dear, OLD, Lorentius Vadis.

Yep, the veteran of us all, is the one who seems most tied into reality. Of course, it could be because he has lived through a long time of it, but anyway. Congrats Lorentius!

Now we come to the brains of the outfit. Who is our Most Intelligent Forummer? Who can we count on to know the difference between, a Spartan and a Cataphract? Well, sure now we all know, but who knew before the game came out? I thought so. The winner is…Johndisp.

I would like to say thank you. Now we have to go read a 37 chapter book on the Concordat of Worms (pronounced Vorms), just for fun.

This brings us the Most Helpful Award. Who is it that would give you the RAM out of their PC, or their last 20 denari? Well, I’m going to tell you. It’s…Johndisp.

Johndisp has been selected by all of you as the one that you can count on to help.

Who is the Most Mature? Well, this is a real hard category. I mean, we all have our moments of immaturity. However, one of us has made it routine to keep his head. The winner is Lorentius Vadis.

So while there are tons of jokes that could be made by the venerable Lorentius winning this award, I have too much respect for him to voice them. Congrats!

Who is the Least Mature? Well, that is another hard one. We had so many worthy subjects this time around, but the one we chose was Eltrevo!

Eltrevo from all of us, let’s try for Most Mature next time.

Most Likely to Be Promoted is where we now find ourselves. Who do you think will either change color, or gain a color other than white? Believe it or not, we have a four-way tie! Yep, that’s right four forummers share this honor.

The winners are Crazed Ewok, Doitzel, Lorentius Vadis and Ichbinian. I guess Adder will have to settle this fight.

Now we come to the saddest category, The Most Missed Award. Who is it that we wish we could see yet again? Who is it that we shed a single tear for once a day? Well okay, so that’s a bit dramatic, but anyway, the winner is…Ueriah!

Alas poor Ueriah, we knew him well. Perhaps the winds shall blow him back our way someday.

Let us continue on to the Most Underrated Award. Who is it that does the most, and is acknowledged the least? Why it is our old friend Doitzel!

Keep it up Doikie, for recognition or not, we need you to be a key cog in the wheel that is RTWH.

Everything had its evil doers, and now is time to acknowledge one of them. Who is the Most Evil Forummer? Who cackles maniacally at the evil he can achieve? We selected Ohmu (aka Firefox).

Ohmu hosted these awards last time before he had his falling out with management. His evil deeds have now become legendary. Let’s hope there is salvation from PC Hell in his future.

We have a counterpart to this evil and it is the Least Evil Forummer. Anyone who has spent a moment on this site should know who the runaway winner was in this category. It is GloryofSparta.

Our own little slice of Sweden that never has a harsh word for anyone is GoS. Congrats on this notable accomplishment.

Now we come to the Best Duo/Trio. There were many worthy groups nominated, but in the end, the winners were Lorentius Vadis, Kaiserwinterfeldt, and Johndisp.

I feel safe in saying that we are proud to accept this award. I am honored to be grouped with both of these guys, and proud to call them friends.

The Best Thread was Doitzel, I order you to visit this thread. A flash of what might have appeared disciplinary action ended up being just a kindly message “from on high”.

In the category of Best War Story we had a tie. The voters were split between Seven Warriors and The Tales of Decimus Ultor. Both of these were written by two of our best authors. Lorentius and Vasta. Those of you who abstained because you haven’t read them, might do well to experience the glory of the War Story section. There are many of us putting out some great efforts in fiction.

The Best Signature Category saw a very close race between Kaiserwinterfeldt and Nausicca, but in the end, our resident artist, Nausicca, won the award.

The Best Forum Name Award went to Cheesewhiz. I guess many of else felt there was nothing “cheesy” about his name. Yes, I know it was a horrible pun, but I couldn’t help myself.

The Best Location Award went to Tipsu for his unique location of teasing a bear. A word of warning to Tipsu, bears bite, and if you tease it too much, you won’t be able to type on your keyboard.

The Best History Article Award went for The Second Punic Wars. This is a very well written article, as like the War Story Section, the History Section has many articles worth reading.

Our Funniest Forummer Award went to Doitzel. This should come as no surprise to any of us. How many one-liners has Doitzel thrown out there that completely brightened your day? Doitzel keeps us laughing even at his own expense at times. Congrats!

The Craziest Forummer Award, not that is one to strive for. How many times have we all just totally gone off on some zany tangent, or said the most ludicrous thing just because we could? Well the king of us all, this time, was Doitzel yet again.

***Patiently awaits as Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson engage in a mud wrestling match***

Wow we did have some quality entertainment! Oh yeah, back to the show.

Now we move onto the Sexiest Forummer Award. Who is it that makes our hearts skip a beat? Who makes us giddy like a schoolboy? Oh yeah many of us are schoolboys…well anyway, the winner is Nausicca. She is, obviously, the apple of many eyes around this place.

Now, we come to the final few categories. The first of which if the Weirdest Forummer. I think this is another highly sought acknowledgement, because so many of us try, constantly, to win it, but in the end a tie was the result we found. Dio and Ignoramus were voted as co-weirdest winners. I can attest that despite how he acts, Dio isn’t THAT weird, but the mob has spoken.

Now we arrive at the Adder Award. This was a close race for this prestigious award, but in the end it came down to a few votes and the winner was…Johndisp.

I would like to start by saying thank you to everyone who voted for me. I am not worthy of this award, but I shall accept it with pride. Thanks again everyone, and I hope to always earn your respect.

And our final award tonight is the GloryofSparta Award. It gives me great pride to award this to Ace Cataphract. Ace meets all the requirements with ease, and is truly deserving of this acknowledgement.

Well folks, that is all the damage I can do for one night. Congrats to all the winners, and to all those who didn’t, it really is an honor just to be nominated. I hope that everyone had a great time.

Life is full of challenges. You can either step up to them, or step out of the way. The ones who step up, are the ones who will someday rule the world.
Replies:
posted 23 November 2005 00:34 EDT (US)     1 / 29  

Quote:

So now onto the next award…Favorite RTWH Staff Member. Yep, who is it that we marvel at with awe? Who is it that overwhelms us with their honor and prestige? Well, on those criteria, it could be none other than Adder.

****!!! I FAILED! I TOTALLY FAILED!!!!! *Runs away crying*

Thanks to everyone who voted for me! You think I'm underrated (WHAT THE HELL?), funny, and crazy. I wear my titles with pride. Thanks to Echo for setting it all up, and John for the presentation. Well done guys.

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
posted 23 November 2005 03:07 EDT (US)     2 / 29  
John, thanks for the wonderfull presentation.

Congrats to everybody who won in one of the categories!!

Friesian, thanks for your nomination and for the only vote I got...

GdB

"The story of our life, in the end, is not our life, it is our story" - Americano
Ad furore Dutchmannorum libera nos domine - Ace Cataphract
posted 23 November 2005 03:18 EDT (US)     3 / 29  
DOITZEL TOOK MY UNDERATED AWARD FROM ME!

Congratsoes to Doikie for his awards, and well done to everyone else!

house won this
posted 23 November 2005 06:55 EDT (US)     4 / 29  
I got most unpredictable yay

I'd like to thank all my voters (I think) and this award will find a nice place in my cabinet sig

POSTER NUMBER ONE IN HOLY ROMAN PARTY XV
"Live forever, or die trying!"
TWH Baths Forumer of the Month - November 06
posted 23 November 2005 07:03 EDT (US)     5 / 29  
*watches as fight breaks out*
*joins in*

Thank you to all that voted for me. Without you, this ceremoney would not be possible *starts crying* *stops*. I gladly accept the awards.

Quoted from Johndisp:

Kaiserwinterfeldt and Johndisp have the honor of sharing the award. I’m older, so I will take it home first and then ship it to KW when I get it all dusty.

There's always a tiebreaker *glares at Johndisp*

(¯`•._.•[ .:^:. ]•._.•´¯)
¨‘°ºO.:.Oº°‘¨
KaiserWinterfeldt ¨‘°ºO.:.Oº°‘¨
R.I.P. Kayla Renee Winterfeldt & Jet Jetboy Winterfeldt
(¯`•._.•[ .::. ]•._.•´¯)
(¯`•.__.•´¯)
(¯v¯)
posted 23 November 2005 07:58 EDT (US)     6 / 29  
Good to see Doikie won something this time. I think he'd have exploded if he hadn't.

Hmm, I must get around to winning something next time. I've had 13 nominations so far... Thanks to everyone that voted (whether for me or not).

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
posted 23 November 2005 08:36 EDT (US)     7 / 29  
*pouts* I even done extra immiture posting to try to win the award ahwell theres always next time. Congrats all on your awards. Your free games will be sent by Adder a.s.a.p

bag of weed - £40
skins - 99p
new muse cd - £6
getting stoned out your head on your night off listening to tunes
PRICELESS
"Well I've already been under and on top of 5 women at this point of my life so I guess it evens out." - DominicusUltimus
posted 23 November 2005 09:43 EDT (US)     8 / 29  
Congrats everyone!

Thanks for voting for me, and thanks for hosting John/Echo.

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
posted 23 November 2005 12:52 EDT (US)     9 / 29  
oh I only thanked the people who voted for me, for those who didn't, I have your adress

POSTER NUMBER ONE IN HOLY ROMAN PARTY XV
"Live forever, or die trying!"
TWH Baths Forumer of the Month - November 06
posted 23 November 2005 13:36 EDT (US)     10 / 29  
Congrats everyone, and thanks for hosting the awards ceremony!

GLORYOFSPARTA | RTWH and M2TWH Site Director, AoMH Game Information Admin, HeavenGames LLC
AoMH | RTWH | M2TWH | Ancient Greek Festival - 3rd to 4th of June in Watford, UK, 2006.
"Whoever obeys the gods, to him they particularly listen." - Homer
"GoS OWNS for being female and liking The Simpsons and Rammstein." - Crazed Ewok
posted 23 November 2005 16:14 EDT (US)     11 / 29  
Conga rats everyone!

Thanks for hosting John.

Ichbinian
Oldie from RTWH!
posted 23 November 2005 18:17 EDT (US)     12 / 29  
Congrats to all the winners!

Thanks for the great presentation, John. Also, many thanks to Nausicaa for setting everything up.

____/----\----(¯\--(-8-)--/¯)----/----\____
----•(¯\-{/\} /\ ¯][¯ (¯ }{ |- (_) [_ - () |\| |¯-)•----
¯¯¯¯\----/----(_/-(-8-)-\_)----\----/¯¯¯¯
posted 23 November 2005 18:47 EDT (US)     13 / 29  
Judgeing by the number of notinations divied by the rpoduct of votes per category Id say in this round of awards....

I Failed!!!!!

* runs crying to Doit*

Can I have my glass of Chateau d'Yquem now please? I must drink'ith my self to sleep tonight, dreaming the sweet dreams of glorious winings and undies forumer love....

Nice job to those who have won thyn hearts deepest loved award!

Ill get you next time!!!!!

posted 23 November 2005 19:12 EDT (US)     14 / 29  
*sniff*

Oh well. Great presentation, John, and congrats to all the winners.

C hairman of the FMT, Mectator, and Seraph
r esident of Unity RPG, Anti-Heroes, and Indolents
a seraph at SWGBH and EAWH
z apping spammers and stealing their shoes
e w o k "Don't waste your breath trying to figure out my logic" - Seacker
d ependent on daily tea infusions
posted 23 November 2005 19:51 EDT (US)     15 / 29  
Thanks alot everyone !

Imagination is more important than knowledge - Einstein
posted 23 November 2005 20:18 EDT (US)     16 / 29  
Nice job John! And thanks to the forumers that voted for me! Thanks to GoS because the award is named after you! Love you all! *kisses finger, does a 2 fingered salute to the crowd*

I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed. ~George Carlin
posted 23 November 2005 20:44 EDT (US)     17 / 29  
Mature and Realistic, huh? Looks like I've managed to fool all of you......

Really, though, I'm honored to receive such recognition. As for the War Story---doh! I should have voted for myself, but honestly felt that Vasta deserved it; just being tied with him is an honor.

John, Kaiser, I guess we make a good team.

ATTACK! This is Total War, not Total Wary!

[This message has been edited by Lorentius Vadis (edited 11-23-2005 @ 08:45 PM).]

posted 23 November 2005 21:21 EDT (US)     18 / 29  
Thank you to my voters, thank you to John, and thank you to myself.

I got way less than last time thou. Oh well.

posted 23 November 2005 21:23 EDT (US)     19 / 29  
Is there going to be an edit with all the votes tallied and shown in a column like FF's?

posted 23 November 2005 22:24 EDT (US)     20 / 29  
I like pointy things.
posted 23 November 2005 22:27 EDT (US)     21 / 29  
*smacks Dio upside the head*

And what was the point of that? You just couldn't hold back, could you?

Well I like dull things!

*GGGGAAAASSSSPPPP*

*sticks tongue out*

(¯`•._.•[ .:^:. ]•._.•´¯)
¨‘°ºO.:.Oº°‘¨
KaiserWinterfeldt ¨‘°ºO.:.Oº°‘¨
R.I.P. Kayla Renee Winterfeldt & Jet Jetboy Winterfeldt
(¯`•._.•[ .::. ]•._.•´¯)
(¯`•.__.•´¯)
(¯v¯)
posted 24 November 2005 04:14 EDT (US)     22 / 29  
To Dricus Frisii: your welcome. You nominated me more then anyone so you must be the most intelligent forummer.

I specially thank Adder voting for me for the Adder award. This vote alone should have been enough for winning the award.

Friesian

posted 24 November 2005 06:58 EDT (US)     23 / 29  
^^Somehow I knew that was the only reason...

GdB

"The story of our life, in the end, is not our life, it is our story" - Americano
posted 24 November 2005 07:09 EDT (US)     24 / 29  
Not the only reason (that was just for a laugh like the comment on the vote of Adder). You give very good comments and advice in the forums. Not everybody recognized that like I did (seeing the voting). Knowing we have the same ancestors (the Friesian people) makes your posts more interesting and makes me remember them better them maybe other people do. So I hope you still appreciate the nomination for most intelligent forummer, you deserve it.

Friesian

posted 24 November 2005 10:25 EDT (US)     25 / 29  

Quote:

that was just for a laugh

I know... my post too...

Quote:

makes your posts more interesting and makes me remember them better them maybe other people do

I read your post also with more attention / interest than other posts... and of course posts from other Dutch RTWH-ers.

Quote:

So I hope you still appreciate the nomination for most intelligent forummer, you deserve it.

Of course I appreciate it.. think the title fits Johndisp best though..

BTW: Are you checking the forums while you're at work??

GdB

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » The Red Lion Tavern » Second Semi-Annual Forummer Awards Presentation
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames