The Red Lion Tavern
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: when do you think AOE heaven will die
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 07 December 2005 14:15 EDT (US)   
I recently learned of cossacks heavens down fall and im wondering if anyone thinks AOE heaven will go the same way, or any esatamates on how long it will go on for

just a thought

Replies:
posted 07 December 2005 14:26 EDT (US)     1 / 32  
Dude, Pharaoh and Zeus Heaven have been in decline for years, and they aint gone yet.

posted 07 December 2005 14:30 EDT (US)     2 / 32  
yeah
posted 07 December 2005 15:45 EDT (US)     3 / 32  
Llo I'd laugh if someone posted a link to this thread in teh AoE forums

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
posted 07 December 2005 16:14 EDT (US)     4 / 32  
i dare you to do it, enemyofjupitor
posted 07 December 2005 16:24 EDT (US)     5 / 32  
yeh, it'd be a Heaven war

POSTER NUMBER ONE IN HOLY ROMAN PARTY XV
"Live forever, or die trying!"
TWH Baths Forumer of the Month - November 06
posted 07 December 2005 16:28 EDT (US)     6 / 32  
with all the people in rtw heaven, we would crush them like a bug

EDIT: NEW IDEA, LETS ICE AOE HEAVEN!!!!!!!(at least there fourms)

[This message has been edited by ace_general (edited 12-07-2005 @ 04:34 PM).]

posted 07 December 2005 16:48 EDT (US)     7 / 32  

Quote:

Dude, Pharaoh and Zeus Heaven have been in decline for years, and they aint gone yet.

We are torn and beaten but never defeated! For the power of the ancients is forever strong!

St Jimmy
Angel face and a taste for suicidal
posted 07 December 2005 17:51 EDT (US)     8 / 32  
No forum wars.

I doubt AoEH will be archived for quite some time - it's the official AoE site on the web (named so by ES).

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
posted 07 December 2005 17:57 EDT (US)     9 / 32  
JC I still play those games to this day(in fact i played Zeus justy today for a few hours) so im with you. I dont want them to die. I just dont post there anymore.

posted 07 December 2005 18:11 EDT (US)     10 / 32  

Quote:

No forum wars.

Spoiled Sport.

Hey, when did you become FMT? I've seen FMT under about a zillion names lately.
Conga-rats if it's new.

St Jimmy
Angel face and a taste for suicidal
posted 07 December 2005 18:32 EDT (US)     11 / 32  
Also, AoEH has its offspring's backing. Which are the 3 largest sub-heaven on Heavengames.

posted 07 December 2005 18:51 EDT (US)     12 / 32  
Who the heck still plays that game...

I mean yes it is a classic, I loved it. But it's time to let is die now...

AOE is LAST years generation of gaming... then there is this generation.. and soon, we will be entering the next generation of gaming. Which means AOE is 2 generations behind. People still play it? Wow...

Well I guess if people only play that game, they have no idea of what PC's are really capable of thesedays. I tried to play it again a while ago, but couldn't, simply becuase it's choppy graphics, unrealistic and dated gameplay turned me off.

But oh well.

posted 07 December 2005 21:16 EDT (US)     13 / 32  
adder,can i postion to have
fourm wars in community froums
posted 07 December 2005 21:21 EDT (US)     14 / 32  

Quote:

Hey, when did you become FMT? I've seen FMT under about a zillion names lately.

He just did. And the title change is a new thing at just happened. Sith and I were promoted to the FMT about two months ago, Adder and Brad4321 were just promoted a day ago.

C hairman of the FMT, Mectator, and Seraph
r esident of Unity RPG, Anti-Heroes, and Indolents
a seraph at SWGBH and EAWH
z apping spammers and stealing their shoes
e w o k "Don't waste your breath trying to figure out my logic" - Seacker
d ependent on daily tea infusions
posted 07 December 2005 23:47 EDT (US)     15 / 32  
I don't think it should be allowed to be archived. AoEH is one of the oldest Heavens and AoE was the game that brought many people here. Most of us have played it and it would be a shame to see it gone.

Ichbinian
Oldie from RTWH!
posted 08 December 2005 05:36 EDT (US)     16 / 32  

Quote:

AOE is LAST years generation of gaming... then there is this generation.. and soon, we will be entering the next generation of gaming. Which means AOE is 2 generations behind. People still play it? Wow...

Well I guess if people only play that game, they have no idea of what PC's are really capable of thesedays. I tried to play it again a while ago, but couldn't, simply becuase it's choppy graphics, unrealistic and dated gameplay turned me off.

But oh well.

The oldest game that I still *sometimes* play is tetris. It is also played by many people currently. It is something like 5 generations back. (Atari=1st gen., NES, Sega Master System=2nd gen., SNES, Sega Genesis=3rd Gen., N64, PS, Sega Saturn (to some degree, Dreamcast)=4th Gen., PS2, Xbox, Gamecube (to some degree, Dreamcast)=5th Gen., with the most recent consoles Xbox 360, PS3, Revolution as the 6th Gen.).

posted 08 December 2005 06:39 EDT (US)     17 / 32  
The oldest game I play is chess. It's been invented since ancient times and I'm still playing it. Hooray!
posted 08 December 2005 09:30 EDT (US)     18 / 32  

Quote:

First of all, please learn to spell properly. You can't even spell "lol" correctly.

Anyway, somebody has already posted a link at AoEH, and I've promptly replied to it.

posted 08 December 2005 12:25 EDT (US)     19 / 32  

Quote:

Start laughing then, the link is posted. And they hate me.

One of the mods even treatend to warn me!

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
posted 08 December 2005 12:57 EDT (US)     20 / 32  

Quote:

The oldest game that I still *sometimes* play is tetris. It is also played by many people currently. It is something like 5 generations back. (Atari=1st gen., NES, Sega Master System=2nd gen., SNES, Sega Genesis=3rd Gen., N64, PS, Sega Saturn (to some degree, Dreamcast)=4th Gen., PS2, Xbox, Gamecube (to some degree, Dreamcast)=5th Gen., with the most recent consoles Xbox 360, PS3, Revolution as the 6th Gen.).

True, but you can't really advance with a game like that can you. Tetris is just tetris, and will always be tetris. Whereas Age of Empires 3 is out, then 4 will be out... you can increase AI, graphics, physics, playability... prorgassively getting better. Yet people still linger around the old choppy version. It's just a good game thats why ...

But tetris, well its just Tetris. You don't need a super computer to be able to rotate falling blocks.

posted 08 December 2005 14:20 EDT (US)     21 / 32  

Quoted from ace_general:

EDIT: NEW IDEA, LETS ICE AOE HEAVEN!!!!!!!(at least there fourms)

Try me. I think we know who'll lose.

Quoted from steace43:

Start laughing then, the link is posted. And they hate me.

One of the mods even treatend to warn me!

You seem to think we're joking about that warning. Your attitude is that we are powerless, we can't do anything. Fine, try to stir up any more trouble and you will get trouble. Consider this an official warning.

Quote:

But oh well.

You see this is why our forums survive, because this is game is SO old, SO last generation, that anyone with the maturity and attention span of a toddler has already abandoned the game and moved on. Yes the game technically is dead as it is 8 years old, but the forums are vibrant with mature people, who don't find it funny to start forum wars. That's why AoEH and CBH will carry on, because it's the only place you can go for a mature conversation without having to contend with you people here who reckon we should be archived because the game's so old.

Look at the Scenario Design forum, we're STILL discovering new tricks. 5 years on most of you lot will have fled this place and thrown RTWH to the archive bin probably.

I'm not going to defend AoEH any further: unless you want to join our community go away and leave us alone.

CenturionZ_1
HG Angel
AoEH Staff

'In heaven an angel is nobody in particular.' - George Bernard Shaw
Age of Empires Heaven Agetoons About Me
posted 08 December 2005 14:29 EDT (US)     22 / 32  

Quote:

You seem to think we're joking about that warning. Your attitude is that we are powerless, we can't do anything. Fine, try to stir up any more trouble and you will get trouble. Consider this an official warning.

Ofcourse your not powerless!A mod is a mod and has the same power to warn/ban no matter what heaven they are from. It was just that it felt like the reason for it was that I posted the link to this tread, and that you thought I wanted your game to die.

posted 08 December 2005 14:33 EDT (US)     23 / 32  
[quote] AOE is LAST years generation of gaming... then there is this generation.. and soon, we will be entering the next generation of gaming. Which means AOE is 2 generations behind. People still play it? Wow...[quote]

So are you telling me a game of alex the kid, paper boy, zelda, sonic, mario brothers, worms, snake, and many many other games from the snez sega mega drive N64 ps1 are not fun?

Am i the only guy that gets a kick out of playing these games?

There is no such thing as next generation gamiing. Classic games will live on FOREVER no amtter one. And as i see it AOE is a classic game.

bag of weed - £40
skins - 99p
new muse cd - £6
getting stoned out your head on your night off listening to tunes
PRICELESS
"Well I've already been under and on top of 5 women at this point of my life so I guess it evens out." - DominicusUltimus
posted 08 December 2005 15:31 EDT (US)     24 / 32  
lol, well said CenturionZ

It is a little immature to flame another forum, but I think that discussing how old the game itself is is quite the opposite. Posting a link to here is just trouble-causing, but the thread itself is legitimate.

POSTER NUMBER ONE IN HOLY ROMAN PARTY XV
"Live forever, or die trying!"
TWH Baths Forumer of the Month - November 06
posted 08 December 2005 15:56 EDT (US)     25 / 32  
Discussing a game that is old is legitimate, but many of the criticisms which are overly simplistic and levelled at the game simply because it is old are not, they're poorly thought through and are basically just people shooting their mouths off about things they know nothing about.

There is a difference. And none of it justifies going to another forum and baiting people, insulting them and blatantly ignoring what they say, because that's just rude. If anyone thinks otherwise, we can always run it by the FMT.

Any takers?

My Karma ran over my Dogma

AoEH | EEH | RoNH | IndividualsCAN

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » The Red Lion Tavern » when do you think AOE heaven will die
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames