Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: DIGOTHI DÜR RISK - game thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 39  Next Page »
posted 17 April 2006 11:53 EDT (US)   

DIGOTHI DÜR RISK

It is currently: Deployment Phase

The land of DIGOTHI DÜR is in turmoil. The King has died, and all 13 of his sons have claimed a territory and are looking to expand. Will alliances form, to try and defeat common enemies, or will they break apart leaving the world in turmoil and total war? Civil war is upon us. Who will be crowned King on the temple steps?

۩

As the warring factions expand their influence, confrontation seems eminent.

Rules:

PHASES: There are 2 phases in a turn.
~ Deployment phase, where you may place any production points as armies (In any of your territories) or Navies (In any of your ports(brown dots)), free move units (move navies out of port, or to an adjacent sea; or move armies to an adjacent territory) with a max of 1 move per turn. Each navy costs 1 production point, and each army costs 1 production point.
~ Then there is Attack Phase which happens in real time. You may attack with an army or navy to an adjacent territory or sea respectively. Then using This web site (I may make a JAVA program instead) I will roll up to 3 dice for each defender, and 3 dice for each attacker. The highest and second highest dice will be compared to see who looses a man. If the defender has only 1 unit defending, then they will loose because there is not a second to compare to. So all I am rolling for is to see how many attackers die. I feel that this is more realistic than other options. Ties will be re-rolled. The battles will continue until one side has taken the territory or sea, or all the attackers are dead. Each Army may only attack once per turn. Instead of attacking, you may decide to move your army from one of your territories to another. The same applies to ships moving in and out of docks, and from sea to sea.
OTHER RULES:
~The thick, uneven black lines are impassible terrain.
~The golden arches are land bridges. Armies may pass over just like they are touching the territory on the other side, unless there are a country’s ships in the sea beneath the bridge. If that is the case, and you have no navies under the bridge as well, then you need their permission to pass over the bridge.
~Each territory produces 1 production point each turn, and if the territory has a port, it makes an extra point each turn, totaling 2 for the territory. Seas do not provide production points, and can not be captured.
~Attacking a territory with infantry from the sea automatically gives the defender + 1 dice, regardless of the number of defenders. This does not count when attacking unconquered territories.
~Unless specified otherwise, every territory has only 1 army present.
~1 ship can carry a maximum of 4 infantry units per unit of ships.
~The game will start in attack phase.
~You must declare wars on other players before attacking them.
~If there are navies in a port when a territory is conquered, 1/3 of the ships, rounded up, join the conqueror, the rest are destroyed. If there are armies on the ships, all of the ships are destroyed instead.
~Conquer all of the territories to win.
~A special bonus may be given for conquering a continent. It is no guarantee, it is there for balancing. There is the Northern Continent, Southern Continent, Islands, and Mainland.
~Up to one territory may be given away each turn, for such reasons as making peace, fostering relations with another country, or other diplomatic incentives.
~Every nation starts with 6 armies in their territory.
~If you decide to change your deployment, you must go back and use the

[s]strikethrough[/s]
tags to cover your old deployments, and make a new post with your new deployments.
~There will be no secret deployments.
~Team wins of up to 3 nations that have had an Alliance for at least 4 turns may win together.
~Moving through an allies land is allowed. If you declare war on an ally, and have at least 1 army in the their territory, you loose all of your armies in their territory.
~When your armies that are on a ship attack a territory from sea, your navy stays in the sea, but it still has it's move. So you may dock it after you have conquored the territory.
~Armies may only be deployed in territories you own. Ships may only be constructed in docks in territories you own.
~If two players both have navies in the same sea, and one nation tries to land troops onto the other player's territory, a ship battle would happen before the landing took place.

DIPLOMACY: All options listed are trust based unless specified otherwise.
~Alliance – no specified number of turns, trust based. You promise to aid one another in your wars.
~Nonaggression Pact – 1 turn, binding. You may not attack the person you have this pact with during the upcoming Attack Phase. Both players must publicly agree to it.
~Neutrality Treaty – no specified number of turns, trust based. You promise not to attack or help someone attack the player you made this pact with.
~Neutral – default setting. You are not aggressive with the person, but you may help others attack them.
~War – no specified number of turns. You are attacking them.

The Map:
To start, each player has 6 armies in their territory, ready to be moved. Only moveable armies are shown, so when attacking, remember that the defender has +1 army. If there is no number in a territory (not seas), then it has a default of 1 army.

the great War, the war to end all wars, has begun.
Map update 10:[/b]

http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zriskmapplayersarmies106pj.jpg

Map Notes:

~Yellow's territory of 61 has only 1 army in it. 61 is the small penninsula.

http://img141.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zriskmapterrnumscopywithoceans.jpg

~Johndisp is the leader of the Brown Mukluks, and can be found at Johndisp@gmail[dot]com. He is allied with GREEK SCAVENGER and MaximusDecimus and KaiserWinterfeldt, has a Nonaggression Pact with no one, has a Neutrality Treaty with no one, and is at war with no one.

~MaximusDecimus is the leader of the Royal Blue Rathnakhan Empire, and can be found at racefan09@gmail[dot]com. He is allied with Johndisp and KaiserWinterfeldt, has a Nonaggression Pact with no one, has a Neutrality Treaty with GREEK SCAVENGER, and is at war with no one.

~steace43 is the leader of Light Purple Sweden, and can be found at steave435@hotmail[dot]com. He is allied with Tarquinius, has a Nonaggression Pact with no one, has a Neutrality Treaty with no one, and is at war with no one.

~MEGAS_ALEXANDROS Marcus Orentius
is the leader of the Light Blue Hellas, he can be found at ironman_skgr@yahoo[dot]gr.marcus_orentius@yahoo.co.uk. He is allied with KW, has a Nonaggression Pact with no one, has a Neutrality Treaty with no one, and is at war with no one.

~mebertus No one (Replacement needed) is the leader of Teal Dougotopolis, and can be found at Fredrick.Zelthoven@gmail[dot]com or douglasz91@comast[dot]net. He is allied with thesaints1, has a Nonaggression Pact with no one, has a Neutrality Treaty with no one, and is at war with no one.

~GREEK SCAVENGER Marcus Orientus is the leader of Dark Green Metropolitioan, and can be found at antidisestablishmentareanism@hotmail[dot]co.uk. He is allied with Johndisp, has a Nonaggression Pact with NotSpecified starting on the deployment phase of 5/1/06, has a Neutrality Treaty with Maximas, and is at war with no one.

~shadowarmy75 is the leader of the Pink Fox, and can be found at homerandbeer747@yahoo[dot]com. He is allied with NotSpecified, has a Nonaggression Pact with no one, has a Neutrality Treaty with no one, and is at war with no one.

~King of War RODTHEGOD is the leader of the Maroon Dark Empire, and can be found at Wargamer50@hotmail[dot]com R__T__G__@hotmail[dot]com. He is allied with no one, has a Nonaggression Pact with no one, has a Neutrality Treaty with no one, and is at war with no one.

~thesaints1 is the leader of the Dark Purple Iron Death, and can be found at shafi_sucks02@hotmail[dot]com. He is allied with mebertus, has a Nonaggression Pact with no one, has a Neutrality Treaty with no one, and is at war with no one.

~KaiserWinterfeldt is the leader of the Red Kaiseria, and can be found at kaiserwinterfeldt at gmail dot com, or for MSN at sm_winterfeldt at yahoo dot com. He is allied with Maximas, Marcus Orentius, and Johndisp, has a Nonaggression Pact with no one, has a Neutrality Treaty with no one, and is at war with no one.

~TaylorFlame GREEK SCAVENGER is the Warlord of the Light Green Flameland, and can be found at the_lord_of_flame@hotmail[dot]com. He is allied with no one, has a Nonaggression Pact with no one, has a Neutrality Treaty with no one, and is at war with no one.

~Tarquinius is the leader of the Orange Tarquinian Empire, and can be found at toompiej@hotmail[dot]com. He is allied with steace43, has a Nonaggression Pact with no one, has a Neutrality Treaty with no one, and is at war with no one.

~Notspecified is the leader of the Yellow Hellfreakia, and can be found at Notspecified2004@yahoo[dot]com. He is allied with shadowarmy75, has a Nonaggression Pact with GREEK SCAVENGER starting on the deployment phase of 5/1/06, has a Neutrality Treaty with no one, and is at war with no one.

I am sincerely sorry to Taylor Flame, because he got one of his middle choices.

Emperor Augustus is the first reserve. RODTHEGOD is the second reserve at R__T__G__@hotmail[dot]com.

If you would like "leader" replaced with something else, just say so, in bold.

(- ₤ o r d B l a i n Ʃ -)
RTWH | ETWH | OD [ Hark Upon the Gale ] [¯¯¯¯¯]†λ†[¯¯¯¯¯]
«Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.»
~Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by NA Lord Blaine (edited 06-07-2006 @ 03:49 PM).]

Replies:
posted 17 April 2006 13:01 EDT (US)     1 / 978  
From 38: 2 attack 39, 2 attack 34, and 2 attack 35

Life is full of challenges. You can either step up to them, or step out of the way. The ones who step up, are the ones who will someday rule the world.
posted 17 April 2006 13:09 EDT (US)     2 / 978  
Johndisp Ally?

The great part is that Scab is apparently among such people. Yes. Greek Scab. My minion. -Stormraider

"Please don't grind on my wench and herr" - Bleedteals sister, asking me and herr not to grind her but mispelling

If he's not trolling I'll strip myself naked, paint myself green, and cheer for Ireland. -Coldviper. I'm still waiting for the proof....
posted 17 April 2006 13:24 EDT (US)     3 / 978  
Agree to alliance with Greek Scavenger

Life is full of challenges. You can either step up to them, or step out of the way. The ones who step up, are the ones who will someday rule the world.
posted 17 April 2006 14:04 EDT (US)     4 / 978  
Offer alliance to Maximus Decimus.

"My old friend, combat would force us to seek the same territories. Better to make peace and take the fight to others. I request we set the borders at the coastline of our respective landmasses."

posted 17 April 2006 15:24 EDT (US)     5 / 978  
Offer alliance to GREEK SCAVENGER

From 51: 3 Attack 52. 2 Attack 50.

"The most virtuous are those who content themselves with being virtuous without seeking to appear so."-Plato
posted 17 April 2006 15:26 EDT (US)     6 / 978  
Having just returned and seeing the positions I think it wise to have this bond and alliance John.
Rathnakhan accepts Mukluks offer.

Offer Neutrality Treaty with GREEK SCAVENGER

posted 17 April 2006 15:47 EDT (US)     7 / 978  
(Edit: I need to read the rules again, they're kind of different from others. And also speak to a few players.).

Clear your mind.

[This message has been edited by NotSpecified (edited 04-17-2006 @ 04:00 PM).]

posted 17 April 2006 16:02 EDT (US)     8 / 978  
From 29: 3 attack 30, 2 attack 31

posted 17 April 2006 16:17 EDT (US)     9 / 978  
Accept alliance form Notspecified
Offer Non-Agression Pact with Notspecified

"The most virtuous are those who content themselves with being virtuous without seeking to appear so."-Plato
posted 17 April 2006 17:00 EDT (US)     10 / 978  
Accepts Alliance.

I think though this non aggression pact would be useless now, since we don't even border each other.

It's only when 2 sides are close to each other and they don't trust each so much, so they offer that pact, to be sure. But in our case we don't need it.

Clear your mind.
posted 17 April 2006 17:03 EDT (US)     11 / 978  
Request neutralitypact with Megas Alexandros

Attack 86, 94, 87 with 2 armies each

<Add signature here>

[This message has been edited by Tarquinius (edited 04-18-2006 @ 02:18 PM).]

posted 18 April 2006 07:30 EDT (US)     12 / 978  
Offer alliance to Tarquinius
we've worked together in the last 3 games that we've both been in, let's not break that alliance here (I'm that purple country north of you (I think)).

Attack 100 with 2 armies from 106
Attack 101 with 2 armies from 106
Attack 105 with 2 armies from 106

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
posted 18 April 2006 11:04 EDT (US)     13 / 978  
Awesome I got my choice

The computers at school don't want to show graphics for some reason, so I can't see the map. I'll have to look at it when I get home today. Until then,

Offer alliance to Johndisp and MaximusDecimus

(¯`•._.•[ .:^:. ]•._.•´¯)
¨‘°ºO.:.Oº°‘¨
KaiserWinterfeldt ¨‘°ºO.:.Oº°‘¨
R.I.P. Kayla Renee Winterfeldt & Jet Jetboy Winterfeldt
(¯`•._.•[ .::. ]•._.•´¯)
(¯`•.__.•´¯)
(¯v¯)
posted 18 April 2006 12:10 EDT (US)     14 / 978  
Accepts. Weve been true to each other in all games here on the forums. With that, I hope this is a BINDING alliance.

posted 18 April 2006 14:04 EDT (US)     15 / 978  
Shadowarmy- I decline your offer for Alliance.

But I will not attack you for now.

MaximumDecius I accept your offer of neutrality

( The two images, are they supposed to be the map)

I dont know how to move. is it like coodinates

The great part is that Scab is apparently among such people. Yes. Greek Scab. My minion. -Stormraider

"Please don't grind on my wench and herr" - Bleedteals sister, asking me and herr not to grind her but mispelling

If he's not trolling I'll strip myself naked, paint myself green, and cheer for Ireland. -Coldviper. I'm still waiting for the proof....

[This message has been edited by GREEK SCAVENGER (edited 04-18-2006 @ 02:13 PM).]

posted 18 April 2006 14:17 EDT (US)     16 / 978  
Accept Steace's offer of an alliance

<Add signature here>
posted 18 April 2006 14:37 EDT (US)     17 / 978  
Greek Scavenger, click on the two small images, they will open up a new window. Then click on those images to zoom in. On the map with the colors, you are the Dark Green territory. you have 6 moveable armies in that territory, as depicted by the large, hand drawn 6. Now go over to the other screen. You can tell from there that you own territory 43, because it is in the same location as your colored territory on the other map. You can then use your 6 units to attack some of the 5 territories that yours touches (40, 41, 42, 44, and 60). Each nuetral (medium green) territory has 1 army in it, so plan your attacks accordingly. An example would be:

6 armies from 43 attack _Fill this blank with a number_

~Albert Einstein
posted 18 April 2006 15:01 EDT (US)     18 / 978  
But of course you dont have to use all units to attack a single province, as you can see by people who already made moves.

So how bout you roll those 5(?) attacks already posted Blaine?

Or whenever your ready

posted 18 April 2006 15:07 EDT (US)     19 / 978  
I was debating whether or not to do tham all at one time, but it seems that we will eventually have attacks and counter attacks, so I might as well do them as they come.

EVERYONE please check you profile in the topic post and tell me if I have any diplomatic pacts and treaties wrong or left out.

~Albert Einstein
posted 18 April 2006 15:19 EDT (US)     20 / 978  

Quoted from Johndisp:

From 38: 2 attack 39, 2 attack 34, and 2 attack 35

2 advance to 39, 2 advance to 34, 1 advances to 35.

Quoted from Shadowarmy:

From 51: 3 Attack 52. 2 Attack 50.

3 advance to 52, 2 advance to 50.

Quoted from Maximus:

From 29: 3 attack 30, 2 attack 31

2 advance to 30, 1 advances to 31.

Quoted from Tarquinius:

Attack 86, 94, 87 with 2 armies each

2 advance to 86, 1 advances to 94, 1 advances to 87.

Quoted from steace:

Attack 100 with 2 armies from 106
Attack 101 with 2 armies from 106
Attack 105 with 2 armies from 106

2 advance to 100, 1 advances to 101, and 1 advances to 105

~Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by NA Lord Blaine (edited 04-18-2006 @ 03:20 PM).]

posted 18 April 2006 15:30 EDT (US)     21 / 978  
Accept alliance with Kaiser

posted 18 April 2006 15:45 EDT (US)     22 / 978  
The Triple Alliance is back!

posted 18 April 2006 15:52 EDT (US)     23 / 978  
How do you produce ships?

posted 18 April 2006 16:14 EDT (US)     24 / 978  
In docks, the brown dots, during deployment phase.

~Albert Einstein
posted 18 April 2006 19:39 EDT (US)     25 / 978  
2 armies from 5 attack 1
2 armies from 5 attack 6
2 armies from 5 attack 2

(¯`•._.•[ .:^:. ]•._.•´¯)
¨‘°ºO.:.Oº°‘¨
KaiserWinterfeldt ¨‘°ºO.:.Oº°‘¨
R.I.P. Kayla Renee Winterfeldt & Jet Jetboy Winterfeldt
(¯`•._.•[ .::. ]•._.•´¯)
(¯`•.__.•´¯)
(¯v¯)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 39  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » The Red Lion Tavern » DIGOTHI DÜR RISK - game thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames