The Red Lion Tavern
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: TWH Signature thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 11  Next Page »
posted 19 April 2006 16:45 EDT (US)   
This thread is a guide to new people who want to make signatures, which are the blocks of text that appear under people's posts.

So here we go:

Why would I want a signature?

A signature gives an identity to a forumer or and allows you to put links to sites or places that you like. You can also put in quotes from famous people or other forumers that you like or made you laugh. i.e. veni, vidi, vici.-Julius Caesar

NOTE: HeavenGames does NOT allow pictures in signatures. Therefore, the [IMG] tag is disabled. However, you can use smilies in your signature, but don't put more than 5 in them, as these take up a lot of bandwidth + loading time for slow connection users. HTML code, javascript, php and the quote tags are disabled as well.

Where do I make my signature?

You can get to the area where you make your signature by accessing your account via the account tab in the top left hand corner of the page, just below the logo. Once in, click on the 'edit signature' link and you're in.

People have underlined, bolded etc. their text in their signatures. How do I do that?

Here is a link to the list of BB Code for standard text stylising:
http://www.heavengames.com/forumfaq.shtml#bbcode

Some more BB Code:

How to centre your text:

There is a thing that the BB Code list misses out, that is the centre syntax. Big sigs with fading and the like tend to look better when centred. Here is how to do it:

[center]centred text[/center] gives you:

centred text

In case you're wondering about this little bit above: Centre = English Spelling | Center = American Spelling and I am English but the UBB Program is American.

How do I colour my text?

Colouring your text is fairly simple, you can colour your text by using the tags:

[c=red]coloured text[/c] gives you coloured text.

That's basic colouring, but you can make it look cooler by using a technique called fading, this is done by combining two colours together like so:

[c=ff0000-000000]red to black text[/c] gives you red to black text.

You can make the text look even cooler by fading from one colour to another then back again or to another colour:

[c=ff0000-000000]red to black[/c] [c=000000-ff0000]to red text[/c] gives you
red to black to red text.

[c=ff0000-000000]red to black[/c] [c=000000-00bb00]to green text[/c] gives you
red to black to green text.

Here are some patterns you can use as well:

_.,-=~+"^'`*`'^"+~=-,._

(¯`•._.•[ ]•._.•´¯)

÷•.•´¯`•)» «(•´¯`•.•÷×

°o.O O.o°

- - --^[ ]^-- - -

••.•´¯`•.••

`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.•

¯¨´*•~-.¸¸,.-~*´¨

¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨

׺°”˜`”°º×

––––•(-• •-)•––––

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

-•=»‡«=•-

•÷±‡± ±‡±÷•

..,,--++¬¬ ¬¬++--,,..

.: :.

+*¨^¨*+

_|¯|_|¯|_|¯|

And some weird or unusual signs/characters:

a ð å Å Â ª Ä Á À ã Ã A b ß (3 B c Ç ç © ¢ C d ð Ð D e ë é ê è í € £ Ë É Ê È E f ƒ F g G h µ H | | ï í î ì ¡ ¦ Ï Í Î
Ì I j ¿ J k |{ | < K l £ ¿ L m (v) M n ñ Ñ N o ø Ø º ° ¤ Õ () O p þ Þ P q ¶ Q r ® R s § $ S t ~|~ ¯|¯ T u ü ú û ù µ
|_| Ü Ú Û Ù U v V w W x × y ÿ Y z Z æ Æ Œ ® © ™ ¿ ? ½ ¼ ¾ ¬ ¨ ¯ • « » ¹ ² ³ ‡ † þ Þ ¤ § ± ÷ ¦ • ○ √ ∙† ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ ♪ ♫ ‰% * & ^ # @ ! ¿ ¡

The colour chart/table:

For single colouring you can normally just type in the colour and the program will pick it up. For fading and different shades of colour though, you'll need to use the hex triplet code. Here are a couple of colour tables for you to use. The combination of numbers and letters next to each colour show that that is what you have to put in to get the colour of your choice.

HG's colour table: http://www.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=25,319058,,20
Or you can use this one if you want:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Signature Rules

Now you know what you can do to make a signature, there are some rules to follow:

• Signatures cannot be longer than 6 (six) lines.
  • No Signatures images may be used.
  • The Tags: Code, IMG, and Quote are disabled.
  • HTML is disabled.
  • No More than 500 visible characters.

Thank you for taking the time to read this long article, any suggestions as to how to make it better are welcome.

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
    "There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
    "Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460

[This message has been edited by Marcus Orentius (edited 03-23-2007 @ 01:08 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 19 April 2006 16:49 EDT (US)     1 / 257  
    Ok this is the Bazzilionth Signature thread.

Could someone just sticky this one so people dont have to keep making them for the Newbie's sake? Its a good thread idea, but they keep fading away...

POSTER NUMBER ONE IN HOLY ROMAN PARTY XV
    "Live forever, or die trying!"
    TWH Baths Forumer of the Month - November 06
    posted 19 April 2006 16:53 EDT (US)     2 / 257  
    GoS knows about it so she'll probably sticky it when she comes back.

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
    "There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
    "Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460
    posted 19 April 2006 17:00 EDT (US)     3 / 257  

I've done a quick forum search.

There have indeed been two (yes that's right, as many as that!) such threads previously. Both some time ago and closed by Adder.

Stickying might be a decent idea though.

Civile! Si ergo fortibusis in ero.
    Wassis inem causan dux?
    Gnossis vile demsis trux!

I suggest that before badgering for a translation you take the time to read it out loud. Thankyou.
    posted 19 April 2006 17:06 EDT (US)     4 / 257  
    Why closed? Where they both copies of threads?

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
    posted 19 April 2006 17:09 EDT (US)     5 / 257  
    He regarded them as a form of spam thread and that signatures would be best discussed on the party threads.

http://rtw.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,78,,all

was the second (and last) one.

Wassis inem causan dux?

I suggest that before badgering for a translation you take the time to read it out loud. Thankyou.

[This message has been edited by D Furius Venator (edited 04-19-2006 @ 05:12 PM).]

posted 19 April 2006 17:10 EDT (US)     6 / 257  
    IMO, this isn't a very good sig thread. Try looking at the ones at AOE3H, AOKH, and other heavens are example. You also stole some of the parapgrahhs, paterns, and signs from AOE3H, for example. Your patterns are messed up as well.
    posted 19 April 2006 17:18 EDT (US)     7 / 257  
    lol so I have a tendancy to exaggerate shoot me

POSTER NUMBER ONE IN HOLY ROMAN PARTY XV
    "Live forever, or die trying!"
    TWH Baths Forumer of the Month - November 06
    posted 19 April 2006 17:21 EDT (US)     8 / 257  
    I've just sorted out the patterns, I tried to do a bit on image sigs but for some reason it wouldn't let me do img tags, saying that img was not allowed and deleted half my post in the previews.

posted 19 April 2006 17:23 EDT (US)     9 / 257  

Quote:

lol so I have a tendancy to exaggerate shoot me

I on the other hand have a tendency to debunk wild claims. Don't shoot me, I'm useful...

Wassis inem causan dux?

posted 20 April 2006 05:21 EDT (US)     10 / 257  
    I've only linked to the place where it tells you what you can do with BB Code because people should get into the habit of following links, rather than getting a forumer to type out the same thing.

Quoted from FD2:

You also stole some of the parapgrahhs, paterns, and signs from AOE3H

The only thing I stole was the patterns, if I have stolen anything else, you can either tell me or sort it out yourself.

[This message has been edited by Marcus Orentius (edited 04-20-2006 @ 05:27 AM).]

posted 20 April 2006 06:13 EDT (US)     11 / 257  
    Remember that the reign of Adder now is no more.
    But please, from now on, don't post off-topic comments here. These belong in the Roman Party thread.

Stickied.

GLORYOFSPARTA | RTWH and M2TWH Site Director, AoMH Game Information Admin, HeavenGames LLC
    AoMH | RTWH | M2TWH | Ancient Greek Festival - 3rd to 4th of June in Watford, UK, 2006.
    "Whoever obeys the gods, to him they particularly listen." - Homer
    "GoS OWNS for being female and liking The Simpsons and Rammstein." - Crazed Ewok
    posted 20 April 2006 06:21 EDT (US)     12 / 257  
    Thanks GoS!

PS I would like some advice if any body knows, when I edit my Op, the patterns I've put in screw up. Is there any way to stop this happening?

[This message has been edited by Marcus Orentius (edited 04-20-2006 @ 01:37 PM).]

posted 20 April 2006 10:15 EDT (US)     13 / 257  
    Nice thread Marcus.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
    It would be a violation of my code as a gentleman to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.-Veeblefester
    Ego is the anesthetic for the pain of stupidity.-me A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
    I've put most of my units/skins and ss of them on my new site!:
    http://totalwarfantic.tripod.com/
    Proud winner of most underrated forumer award!
    posted 20 April 2006 11:23 EDT (US)     14 / 257  
    I have major trouble configuring my colours. I would like to try again, but I forgot where that colour palette is??

EDIT: Oops, didnt see it in Marcus's post. By the way, this is a very nice thread Marcus! Props!

[This message has been edited by Undefeatable (edited 04-20-2006 @ 11:24 AM).]

posted 20 April 2006 11:30 EDT (US)     15 / 257  
    Anyone like my new sig? Marcus made it, and I modified it a bit.

posted 20 April 2006 12:21 EDT (US)     16 / 257  
    posted 20 April 2006 14:19 EDT (US)     17 / 257  
    Bloody hell, undefeatable! You changed your sig!
    I thought I was colour blind, but I looked again.

Oh, and it looks nice

posted 20 April 2006 14:46 EDT (US)     18 / 257  
    Is it supposed to be a mushroom cloud EOJ?

nice marcus, do you mean using the code tags to show the img tags?

[img]picture here?[/img]

(- ₤ o r d B l a i n Ʃ -)
    RTWH | ETWH | OD [ Hark Upon the Gale ] [¯¯¯¯¯]†λ†[¯¯¯¯¯]
    «Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.»
    ~Albert Einstein
    posted 20 April 2006 14:48 EDT (US)     19 / 257  

Quote:

Is it supposed to be a mushroom cloud EOJ?

No

posted 20 April 2006 14:49 EDT (US)     20 / 257  
    Well it looks kinda like one. Oops

~Albert Einstein
    posted 20 April 2006 14:58 EDT (US)     21 / 257  
    posted 20 April 2006 15:13 EDT (US)     22 / 257  

Quote:

nice marcus, do you mean using the code tags to show the img tags?

Yes.

posted 20 April 2006 15:20 EDT (US)     23 / 257  
    ok, did you fix it, or do you need help?

~Albert Einstein
    posted 20 April 2006 15:40 EDT (US)     24 / 257  
    I've asked GloryofSparta already, I wouldn't mind help with what I mentioned in post 12.

posted 20 April 2006 15:52 EDT (US)     25 / 257  
    Oh thats easy. Go to the post you are copying them from, click edit, and copy it from there with the tags attached.

~Albert Einstein
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 11  Next Page »
    Total War Heaven » Forums » The Red Lion Tavern » TWH Signature thread
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Total War Heaven | HeavenGames