Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Battle Of The Forums: Round 1
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
posted 20 February 2008 07:22 EDT (US)   

Battle Of The Forums!

AoW Wins! AoW + Stronghold go through to round 2!

Contents

1. Introduction
  2. Story
  3. Rules
  4. How to play

[PNG, (126.48 KB)]

Game Log
  • MNICY Timeout
  • Disenchanted PWN Atzy
  • subindxsubin SAVE MNICY
  • Lord Michael I PWN Keron Cyst
  • Moff Yittreas SAVE Keron Cyst
  • Keron Cyst PWN Lord Michael I
  • Enginerd PWN Shanks13
  • CrazySlyHawk PWN Yeebaagooon
  • Elpea PWN Keron Cyst
  • Meteora PWN Reaper_93
  • Dio PWN Moff Yittreas
  • JuBuOrangie SAVE Lord Michael I
  • Disenchanted PWN Elpea
  • subindxsubin PWN Meteora
  • Lord Michael I PWN Dio
  • Enginerd PWN JuBuOrangie
  • CrazySlyHawk PWN subindxsubin
  • Disenchanted PWN Lord Michael I

• Victims
  • JuBuOrangie
  • Disenchanted
  • subindxsubin
  • Lord Michael I
  • Moff Yittreas
  • Keron Cyst
  • Enginerd
  • CrazySlyHawk
  • Atzy
  • Elpea
  • Shanks13
  • Yeebaagooon
  • Meteora
  • Dio
  • Reaper_93

• Introduction

Welcome to Battle Of The Forums! This is a simple game aimed to bring the whole HG community together. We hope you enjoy .

Story

It was a lonely day. Inside the
    Cherub Wagon, Zen; the divine lord and God of Heavengames turned on his computer. Everything was going fine until Zen realised something was missing. All the staff, as exemplary and *insert flattery here* as they were, were extremely predictable. This was also the case for the members. Zen then had a great idea to add variety to HG. He organised a giant party for a few members from each heaven, and sent in 3 of his most trusted staff with nice sharp kittens axes.

His plan was to assassinate the members, while he sat back and ate some popcorn. As the members realised this, they quickly gathered up their pointy sticks. The stage was set, and Zen ordered the killing to be conducted in a turn based civilised manner. What forum has the most cunning warriors? We're about to find out...

Zen had hired himself a ninja, and instructed people to use this deadly weapon to destroy people. He also added an unban feature, to make things interesting.

Rules

• You only have 72 hours to make your turn.
  • You may not edit your post once you have posted your choice.

How to play

This game is really simple to play. It is a turn based game and I have placed everyone in a random order. When you are at the top of the ferris wheel you have 2 choices. You could either kill someone, or save someone who has been killed.

If you want to kill someone type:
    Evil Ninja, please pwn [b]Playername[/b]
    If you want to save someone type:
    Zen, please unban [b]Playername[/b]
    After your turn it is immediately the turn of the next player alive.

I will not prod people when it's their turn, that is everybody elses job! Definitely talk outside the thread if you want.

PS. I will post the images up later.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 03-07-2008 @ 07:48 AM).]

• Replies:
    posted 21 February 2008 04:21 EDT (US)     1 / 129  
    CARN TWH!!!
    posted 21 February 2008 13:24 EDT (US)     2 / 129  
    Let the battle commence. *brandishes C-14 Impaler*

Purveyor of the Poi | Deliverer of Desu
    Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
    Hi, I'm Kongou! Are you my admiral?
    posted 21 February 2008 13:28 EDT (US)     3 / 129  
    Now, I want a nice clean game!

Mnicy, you will go on my first whistle. Disenchanted, you will go on my second whistle. Go!

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
    posted 21 February 2008 13:34 EDT (US)     4 / 129  
    Just for your info: AoMH is the home of the ferris wheel of doom and in all 7 rounds, the mods have never lost! (Check out the thread now, all the mods are alive and every member has been reduced to smouldering rubble). .

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 02-21-2008 @ 01:35 PM).]

posted 21 February 2008 14:00 EDT (US)     5 / 129  
    Well, there's always time to break with tradition...

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his-George Patton
    You can get a lot more with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone-Al Capone
    Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo-H.G. Wells
    Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity-Karl Marx
    posted 21 February 2008 16:50 EDT (US)     6 / 129  
    Traditions should be kept. They form the foundation of our culture, and thus I think we should keep the tradition here as well.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
    posted 21 February 2008 17:49 EDT (US)     7 / 129  
    So, mods, join us! It really is in your best interest at this point, especially if you want your heaven to win

posted 21 February 2008 21:51 EDT (US)     8 / 129  
    They keep winning because theres always a backstabber. :/
    Atzyz
    Who is that?

A green great dragon.
    posted 21 February 2008 22:36 EDT (US)     9 / 129  
    And who is this "Yitreas" fellow?

Purveyor of the Poi | Deliverer of Desu
    Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
    Hi, I'm Kongou! Are you my admiral?
    posted 22 February 2008 12:41 EDT (US)     10 / 129  
    Ah bugger. I don't know anyone besides my team mates. This doesn't allow for much backstabbing.

Feed the birds
    posted 22 February 2008 18:52 EDT (US)     11 / 129  
    Can someone tell MNICY or whatever to hurry up?
    posted 22 February 2008 19:35 EDT (US)     12 / 129  
    Well, glad I didn't miss this due to my cable line going down!

/{[[===============================,
    ||/
    |||
    \\|
    `\\
    Do not ask for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee...
    posted 22 February 2008 19:45 EDT (US)     13 / 129  
    Hey, I remember you! You used to hang around RTW discussion. Welcome back!
    posted 23 February 2008 03:01 EDT (US)     14 / 129  
    5 hours to go .

Can a Seraph here please increase the maximum image size? I am not having trouble with these on any other forum.

"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 02-23-2008 @ 03:27 AM).]

posted 23 February 2008 04:11 EDT (US)     15 / 129  
    Well you don't need images for this.

A green great dragon.
    posted 23 February 2008 11:35 EDT (US)     16 / 129  
    Wonder how many are going to time out...

posted 23 February 2008 13:38 EDT (US)     17 / 129  
    Wonder how many are going to time out...
    Probably everyone who didn't know we had started I had to go back a couple pages in the main thread in OD to figure it out, glad it was slow saturday afternoon for me of I'd have missed it.

I've emailed disenchanted, not sure when his 72 hrs started and not sure he even knows where this thread is but I'll post in AoW to tell our guys now.

Let the fun begin!

[This message has been edited by Enginerd (edited 02-23-2008 @ 01:39 PM).]

posted 23 February 2008 14:44 EDT (US)     18 / 129  
    The how to play link isn't working .

posted 23 February 2008 18:06 EDT (US)     19 / 129  
    Hey, I remember you! You used to hang around RTW discussion. Welcome back!
    Aye, I disappeared for a while there

Couldn't have picked a better battlefield myself, though

||/
    |||
    \\|
    `\\
    posted 24 February 2008 02:55 EDT (US)     20 / 129  
    The how to play link isn't working
    It is for me.

posted 24 February 2008 04:47 EDT (US)     21 / 129  
    The 'Go to' Links don't work in my Firefox browser. :/

A green great dragon.
    posted 24 February 2008 12:57 EDT (US)     22 / 129  
    Silly Keron, didn't you know? Firefox sucks!

Really, though, it does sometimes have trouble with links and certain picture files loading while IE or Netscape Navigator don't (I actually like Netscape the best of all three, the sites seem to load faster... too bad they stopped supporting it )

||/
    |||
    \\|
    `\\
    posted 24 February 2008 13:53 EDT (US)     23 / 129  
    Evil Ninja, please pwn Atzy
    posted 24 February 2008 17:16 EDT (US)     24 / 129  
    Go team AoWH!

Reddendum hoc vobis
    Translate this yourself
    -----------------------
    Motto of the French Navy: "To the water, it is time!"
    posted 24 February 2008 18:05 EDT (US)     25 / 129  
    Welcome to TWH folks

-Love Gaius
    TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
    Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
    Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
    Total War Heaven » Forums » The Red Lion Tavern » Battle Of The Forums: Round 1
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Total War Heaven | HeavenGames