Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: TWH Podcast Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
posted 16 March 2013 17:47 EDT (US)   
Hi Guys
Here is my big Present to you, Our very own TWH Podcast!

Current Episode: 10
Hey all

I am very sorry for the delay in uploading this episode- Real Life concerns are a bugger sometimes.

In this great episode, i talk to Punic and Dominicus on many things, such as history and we have a TWH Pub Quiz! Tell us how you went.

Hope you enjoy!
Links

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 10

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda

[This message has been edited by Awesome Eagle (edited 08-25-2013 @ 07:25 AM).]

Replies:
posted 16 March 2013 22:57 EDT (US)     1 / 134  
Haven't finished listening to it completely yet, but good job Here's hoping for more!

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
posted 16 March 2013 23:10 EDT (US)     2 / 134  
Thanks Punic! Hopefully i will get the opportunity to do, but depends on the reception/support it gets..

History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
posted 16 March 2013 23:21 EDT (US)     3 / 134  
Just check how many downloads it gets, that should be a more accurate display of how popular it is rather than rely on comments and such.

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
posted 17 March 2013 04:50 EDT (US)     4 / 134  
First!

(to download it, that is.)

I had to test it before approving it, you know, but still. First!

Great job, Awesome and DU!

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
posted 17 March 2013 05:26 EDT (US)     5 / 134  
I like how you went with the Erich Kunzel version of the 1812 Overture. Real cannons make it better.

"Into the face of the young man who sat on the terrace of the Hotel Magnifique at Cannes there had crept a look of furtive shame, the shifty, hangdog look which announces that an Englishman is about to talk French." - P.G. Wodehouse, The Luck of the Bodkins
posted 17 March 2013 05:28 EDT (US)     6 / 134  
Haha, There you go Terikel, First Download..

And Pitt, i agree, and i hope it gives the podcast the epic feel i was attempting to get..

posted 17 March 2013 06:21 EDT (US)     7 / 134  
I will download it when I'm on my computer, but great job regardless
I wonder how practical recording Skype interviews are... That could be something we could explore...

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
posted 17 March 2013 06:22 EDT (US)     8 / 134  
Yea, maybe i should get skype..

posted 17 March 2013 10:16 EDT (US)     9 / 134  
I think it's possible. It means you can enjoy my BBC English accent and Edorix, who talks like a character from a Thomas Hardy novel?

But I won't go to England due to the prescence of scruffy in shottingham. - Scenter102
This is Scruff we are talking about. I can't think of anything I don't see Scruff doing just for the hell of it. - Agrippa 271
The cake was made by Scruffy and it was... a rude shape. - Liam
monkey in a suit on a cycle - Scenter102 describing Scruffy
posted 17 March 2013 15:44 EDT (US)     10 / 134  
Great to hear everyone's enjoying the podcast, but I probably would've never worked on something like this if AE hadn't seduced me first. Any resistance I have instantly melts away whenever I hear an accent as sexy as his

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
posted 17 March 2013 16:30 EDT (US)     11 / 134  
Any resistance I have instantly melts away whenever I hear an accent as sexy as his
And many laughs were had by the TWH community that has heard my voice..

posted 17 March 2013 17:04 EDT (US)     12 / 134  
I typed up my thoughts to you as I was listening to you, as you know.

Altogether, a little long but still cool. Don't need to read out full articles

posted 17 March 2013 23:15 EDT (US)     13 / 134  
Haha, i know it was a bit long, it was unfortunate...

Concerning the articles, i understand your point but disagree. If i summariesed an article it runs the risk of leaving out an important detail or so. Most articles must be read fully to appreciate them fully as well.

[This message has been edited by Awesome Eagle (edited 03-17-2013 @ 11:26 PM).]

posted 18 March 2013 10:01 EDT (US)     14 / 134  
Could just post a link to the article in the download section OP

posted 18 March 2013 18:40 EDT (US)     15 / 134  
Anyone up for doing a podcast for HG in general talking about random shite that is unrelated to TW?

http://www.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,340977,0,all

The great part is that Scab is apparently among such people. Yes. Greek Scab. My minion. -Stormraider

"Please don't grind on my wench and herr" - Bleedteals sister, asking me and herr not to grind her but mispelling

If he's not trolling I'll strip myself naked, paint myself green, and cheer for Ireland. -Coldviper. I'm still waiting for the proof....
posted 18 March 2013 19:43 EDT (US)     16 / 134  
Eoj- Which is a good idea. But if this is listened to whilst doing something else, that isnt practical.

OK, So, i reached my goal needed to make a second episode, with 12 downloads so far. The Next episode Will have its basis in M2TW and since i recieved no petionions for additions or subtractions for categories and subjects, it will be in the same format as before, but hopefully shorter. You can expect this at the end of the month/ beginning of next month.

EDIT, and i don't thinks so Greek, one podcast is enough for me..

EDIT 2: Poll established on Facebook page and M2TW forum here. Have fun voting..

[This message has been edited by Awesome Eagle (edited 03-19-2013 @ 06:20 AM).]

posted 21 March 2013 05:43 EDT (US)     17 / 134  
Ok, So double Post, but heads up, Awesome Eagle is on Skype.
SO add me, AwesomeEagleTWH. I will be using this account to hopefully do some Talk episodes between me and other forumers for some community involvement.

posted 21 March 2013 07:35 EDT (US)     18 / 134  
Edorix, who talks like a character from a Thomas Hardy novel?
Yes, the outlandish upper-class city-dweller, usually an atheist, who comes in and disrupts everyone's peaceful rural-idyllic lives.

posted 21 March 2013 08:23 EDT (US)     19 / 134  
Wow, spectacular work AE! Looking forward to more episodes.

And you might want to lower the volume on the intro and outro bits, I had my headphones on and I almost lost an eardrum

"I long for Darkness."
- Cormac McCarthy, The Sunset Limited.

"We are a species that ravages, plunders, kills, destroys, rapes and enslaves in the name of progress."
posted 21 March 2013 11:35 EDT (US)     20 / 134  
AE is bullying me into being the first. I'll consent to this as long as my private life is off-limits for the purposes of the interview. I've got a lot of skellingtons in my cupboard.

If Edorix joined the army, he'd be Sergeant Troy

But I won't go to England due to the prescence of scruffy in shottingham. - Scenter102
This is Scruff we are talking about. I can't think of anything I don't see Scruff doing just for the hell of it. - Agrippa 271
The cake was made by Scruffy and it was... a rude shape. - Liam
monkey in a suit on a cycle - Scenter102 describing Scruffy

[This message has been edited by Kapitein Scruff (edited 03-21-2013 @ 11:35 AM).]

posted 21 March 2013 15:05 EDT (US)     21 / 134  
Wow, spectacular work AE! Looking forward to more episodes.

And you might want to lower the volume on the intro and outro bits, I had my headphones on and I almost lost an eardrum
THanks mate. That will be fixed in the Next Episode, i lacked some technical skills to do it, but realised it about an hour after i uploaded it..
Alos, i woke people up after they went to sleep listening to my voice.
AE is bullying me into being the first. I'll consent to this as long as my private life is off-limits for the purposes of the interview. I've got a lot of skellingtons in my cupboard.
HAHA, not bullying, just asking if your keen. I asked like once..

posted 21 March 2013 17:44 EDT (US)     22 / 134  
I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, as I just got done with finals; however, I don't know if it's your computer doing it or you making it this way, but .rar files are not the most convenient to deal with. Perhaps another format?

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
posted 21 March 2013 17:49 EDT (US)     23 / 134  
Honestly, Compressing it doesn't save space at all as far as i can see. The original file was 42megebites and the compressed is 42, so no point. maybe form now on just upload into the MP3 file, so it is easy for all?

posted 21 March 2013 19:34 EDT (US)     24 / 134  
Probably best.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
posted 22 March 2013 04:03 EDT (US)     25 / 134  
Agreed. Compression saved very little space.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » The Red Lion Tavern » TWH Podcast Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames