Please login or register

RTW Guides and Articles Forum
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Faction Overviews Remaining
posted 09 April 2010 06:35 EDT (US)   
There's been a run on these, so a nice list might be handy for those wishing to produce one. All vanilla faction overviews have now been completed, but most of the BI overviews remain to be done.

These factions need overviews:
The WRE
The Roxolani
The Huns (speak to Drakontos)
The Vandals
The Sarmatians
The Burgundians
The Lombardi
The Alemanni
The Celts
The Berbers (speak to Drakontos)

These factions need faction histories:
ALL OF THEM

Please remember to claim here, before writing! That way we avoid two or more people working on the same articles!

Updated 22 February 2012. Checked and confirmed 22 May 2012.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 05-22-2012 @ 02:36 AM).]

Replies:
posted 09 April 2010 06:44 EDT (US)     1 / 38  
Hah! That was quick. A week ago there were only about four.
posted 09 April 2010 10:12 EDT (US)     2 / 38  
edited - my bad, sorry Terikel.

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 04-09-2010 @ 03:12 PM).]

posted 09 April 2010 15:10 EDT (US)     3 / 38  
I'll claim Dacia. Though it is wierd since they are not mentioned in the Faction page.

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
posted 12 April 2010 08:44 EDT (US)     4 / 38  
Dacia was forgotten a long time ago. I did the Gampeplay info, Edorix did the Brief History, you can do the overview.

About the Romans:

I don't want the Marian Reforms explained four times. So I did one general overview for all four factions (See that post) and then wrote was was different for the three families. Whoever does SPQR, please follow that guideline, and mention specifically that the Senate Tab will cause massive problems if pressed when playing SPQR.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
posted 18 April 2010 12:02 EDT (US)     5 / 38  
Please remember to claim here, before writing!. That way we avoid two or more people working on the same articles!

Thanks.

posted 18 April 2010 12:32 EDT (US)     6 / 38  
Sorry! Fortune is cruel!

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 08-24-2010 @ 11:47 AM).]

posted 24 February 2011 07:42 EDT (US)     7 / 38  
*bump* for GKA to boss people around.
posted 24 February 2011 09:04 EDT (US)     8 / 38  
I've also got some drafts going of the Goths, Franks, Huns and Berbers.

Obviously I can hardly call shotgun on so many at once, but if people are unsure what to pick, perhaps not those!

I was also considering doing the Sarmatians and Roxolani as one - and I wasn't too sure about the Alemanni/Burgundii/Lombardi, but doing them as one seems to make sense as well.
Not sure what people think of that.

PROCRASTINATE NOT · JAMAIS ARRIERE
posted 24 February 2011 09:16 EDT (US)     9 / 38  
If someone does them as one, we're not going to discount it so long as it's thorough enough.

posted 24 February 2011 09:30 EDT (US)     10 / 38  
That's good. They'd just be very short otherwise, what with all of the sharing of units and whatnot.

posted 24 February 2011 10:10 EDT (US)     11 / 38  
Bossing people around on the internet, esp on TWH, is my favorite pastime. I can't boss real-life people around, so this is kind of a substitute.

God damn it I need more time to pump out all the overviews lest Drakontos do too much too fast. Time to step it up.

"The difficulty is not so great to die for a friend, as to find a friend worth dying for." -Homer
"You see, this is what happens when you don't follow instructions, GKA..." -Edorix
Guild of the Skalds, Order of the Silver Quill, Apprentice Storyteller
Battle of Ilipa, 206BC - XI TWH Egil Skallagrimson Award

The word dyslexia was invented by Nazis to piss off kids with dyslexia.
posted 24 February 2011 10:16 EDT (US)     12 / 38  
They're mine. Hands off.

posted 24 February 2011 10:19 EDT (US)     13 / 38  
Damn at least save me one or two more...?

"The difficulty is not so great to die for a friend, as to find a friend worth dying for." -Homer
"You see, this is what happens when you don't follow instructions, GKA..." -Edorix

posted 24 February 2011 10:38 EDT (US)     14 / 38  
But I need 8 (plus Saxons and Pontus) to get myself a shiny custom title.

I'm sure we can divide these. Any interest you in particular?

posted 24 February 2011 10:52 EDT (US)     15 / 38  
Well, the Franks or the WRE (it would be outrageous to demand both of the arguably coolest factions left, but I did want to do the Saxons... ).

posted 24 February 2011 10:57 EDT (US)     16 / 38  
Sorry about them. They're my favourite faction. And... I'm about 5 mins away from posting my Frankish overview. So take the WRE!

posted 03 March 2011 09:33 EDT (US)     17 / 38  
Drak, are you working on any other faction/s at the moment? (hint: the Goths, for instance?) Because my Sassanid overview is almost done, and I feel I'm not quite ready to do the WRE yet.
But I need 8 (plus Saxons and Pontus) to get myself a shiny custom title.
Pontus
Saxons
Franks

Roxolani-Sarmatians
Huns
Vandals
Burgundii-Lombardi-Alemanni
Berbers
Celts

I think that's nine left and quite enough for your ambition. So per favore? And I might just lay off the WRE eventually too in return.

posted 03 March 2011 10:15 EDT (US)     18 / 38  
Go for it. I had started on the Goths, but my Hunnic overview is much further along. I'll try to get that one into a decent draft and finish off the Saxons/Franks.

Make it a good overview, since the Goths are awesome and truly deserving!
Shame they're steppe in vanilla BI, although that doesn't stop them from being the faction I play the most. Would better if they were Barbarian.

WRE... meh. We'll see how it goes.

posted 03 March 2011 19:44 EDT (US)     19 / 38  
Make it a good overview, since the Goths are awesome and truly deserving!
Oh thank you, thank you! And don't worry - your Goths shall be perfectly safe and sound with General Kick-Ass Just wait and see if you're satisfied with my Sassanids as a performance standard.

posted 30 March 2011 06:52 EDT (US)     20 / 38  
*Bump* we have four almost-finished BI faction overviews in here, if the kind mods have time.

posted 09 April 2011 09:07 EDT (US)     21 / 38  
Drak, how are the rest of your overviews coming up?

BTW, I am taking the WRE - or rather, I'll be taking them later this month.

posted 28 May 2011 08:49 EDT (US)     22 / 38  
Ok, Franks and Saxons are now finished. The Huns are nearing completion (I'll hope to get it up within the next couple of days), and I've started on the Berbers too (may go up at the same time)

posted 30 May 2011 04:10 EDT (US)     23 / 38  
Yay! Good luck with both. Meanwhile I am still working on the WRE's.

posted 12 February 2012 14:40 EDT (US)     24 / 38  
Terikel,

When you say that all the overviews for vanilla are finished, are you referring to the Opening Moves articles? While helpful, many of them only guide you through the first 4 turns of the campaign, without much in the ways of "overview". I would probably be interested in writing some Overviews for vanilla factions, so please let me know what you think.

.\/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
/\ingjianma/
|____
Proud Member of TWH since 2007 and AoKH since 2004
Seleucid AAR|Sarmatian AAR | Spain AAR
posted 12 February 2012 15:16 EDT (US)     25 / 38  
Please do.

The Faction Overviews are a peek at the faction by land, army, gods, and mods. They are not the same as an Opening Moves Guide.

Feel free to write some extras- I like the people to have freedom of choice, you know.

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 03-01-2012 @ 08:51 AM).]

posted 12 February 2012 16:38 EDT (US)     26 / 38  
Thanks! I probably will, maybe one to go along with my soon-to-be-started-looking-like-Spain AAR!

Just out of curiosity though, if you weren't referring to the Opening Moves Guides earlier, then is there another place to find these Overviews for all the vanilla factions? I'd like to see the one for Spain. Their unit roster is frighteningly incomplete (even compared to the likes of Numidia), and I'd like to see what other people thought of them.

.\/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
/\ingjianma/
|____
posted 13 February 2012 01:57 EDT (US)     27 / 38  
Faction Overviews are a part of the Factions page.

Each faction is listed with links to a faction overview, a longer history, and gameplay informatoion.

posted 13 February 2012 03:45 EDT (US)     28 / 38  
Ah, that makes much more sense, thank you!

.\/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
/\ingjianma/
|____
posted 15 February 2012 08:41 EDT (US)     29 / 38  
Incidentally, Spain was one of mine, so if there's anything you feel has been neglected or anything let me know.

posted 15 February 2012 09:55 EDT (US)     30 / 38  
Edorix,

It looks very thorough and detailed, good job! If I discover something along the way I'll definitely let you know.

.\/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
/\ingjianma/
|____
posted 16 February 2012 00:53 EDT (US)     31 / 38  
Reading Liam's resignation Edorix?

http://forums.heavengames.com/redir/http://But he was a mischievous boy. He thought himself invincible and challenged everyone who came into his sight.

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
posted 22 February 2012 09:26 EDT (US)     32 / 38  
For those looking to write some articles, NONE of the BI factions have a faction history written.

posted 21 May 2012 13:15 EDT (US)     33 / 38  
I could write an overview for the Celts and the Vandals, if no one has already started one. Unfortunately, it'll have to wait till the end of June.
Also, dear mods, I think this lists needs to be updated.
Perhaps I could write some faction histories, too...

Invincibility lies in defence, while the possibility of victory in the attack -Sun Tzu
Akouson me, pataxon de (hit me, but first listen to me)-Themistocles to Euribiadis prior to the battle of Salamis.

[This message has been edited by Alex_the_bold (edited 05-21-2012 @ 01:32 PM).]

posted 22 May 2012 11:28 EDT (US)     34 / 38  
Since this thread seems dead, I claim the Lombardi/Burgundii, the Celts and the Vandals, if there are no objections.

Invincibility lies in defence, while the possibility of victory in the attack -Sun Tzu
Akouson me, pataxon de (hit me, but first listen to me)-Themistocles to Euribiadis prior to the battle of Salamis.
posted 22 May 2012 11:38 EDT (US)     35 / 38  
Please claim one at a time; otherwise no objections.

posted 22 May 2012 12:34 EDT (US)     36 / 38  
OK, then, I claim the Celts.

posted 19 June 2012 10:47 EDT (US)     37 / 38  
Do we have to claim faction histories too? Because I'm almost done with the faction overviews of the Celts and the Burgundi and I'm keen on writing the faction histories of the ERE and the WRE...

posted 19 June 2012 15:42 EDT (US)     38 / 38  
It would be polite to let others know if you are working on one, to save them the trouble of doing one themselves and then finding your post on it.

Total War Heaven » Forums » RTW Guides and Articles Forum » Faction Overviews Remaining
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames