Draak
Agrippa271- traits and ancillaries

Text and Descriptions
Terikel Grayhair
GeneralKickAss
VampiricCanniba (Grammar-Nazi-ing)
Edorix (if required)
Matt Will (if required)

This will be updated periodically. Simply sign up by replying to this thread, if you want to see your screenname in the roster.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 01-11-2012 @ 01:23 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11 September 2010 10:17 EDT (US)     1 / 57  
I will volenteer for ideas, I got plenty.
posted 11 September 2010 10:57 EDT (US)     2 / 57  
I can do Ideas as well. Still learning how to do mods though...

In war, you ethier die hero, or live long enough to see yourself turn into a villan.-Anoynomous
posted 15 September 2010 17:09 EDT (US)     3 / 57  
I'm currently a ward of the state (support-wise, I'm not in jail ) and a full-time student so I have time to read books and do research. I have access to a University library, and have a pretty good personal library as well. If there's anything I could help with contact me @ iowaicewolf@yahoo.com I can't mod or create units but by God I can research. I'm pretty good on ideas as well.

Lab

[This message has been edited by Tittus Labienus (edited 09-15-2010 @ 05:11 PM).]

posted 16 September 2010 01:10 EDT (US)     4 / 57  
Welcome to the team, Lab.

posted 16 September 2010 04:05 EDT (US)     5 / 57  
Thanks Edorix, I am yours to command

Lab
posted 16 September 2010 08:17 EDT (US)     6 / 57  
I can do ideas......

The Dutch-Moroccan Wars
War without France would be like... World War II- Unknown
Researcher for Dark Ages: Roman Revival (now i have something to be proud of lol)
posted 16 September 2010 11:23 EDT (US)     7 / 57  
Welcome also.

posted 16 September 2010 16:09 EDT (US)     8 / 57  
i can now help with beta testing i think.
posted 16 September 2010 16:19 EDT (US)     9 / 57  
I appreciate the offer, Rinster, but we probably won't need beta testers for at the very least another six months. That said, we'd be thrilled to have you then!

Cyclohexane - it's what's for dinner!

[This message has been edited by Mythic_Commodore (edited 09-16-2010 @ 04:19 PM).]

posted 17 September 2010 12:02 EDT (US)     10 / 57  
I can do ideas, because there is plenty to improve from Vanilla.

I can also do Beta testing later.

Caesar: No, I am NOT coming to the celebration. I need to stay home and spend time with my wife!

Decimus: But Caesar, they'll give you a crown if you come!

Caesar: OH! I go to the senate. I want a salad.
posted 17 September 2010 19:24 EDT (US)     11 / 57  
i don't know if this is the case with other people but I have 3-D software, but I don't know how to use it.
so I could help, but not for a while at least.
posted 20 September 2010 13:56 EDT (US)     12 / 57  
I'd like to do Research and unit designing (not actually modelling them or programming them, just thinking up interesting and accurate units with a drawing of what they should look like)

But I won't go to England due to the prescence of scruffy in shottingham. - Scenter102
This is Scruff we are talking about. I can't think of anything I don't see Scruff doing just for the hell of it. - Agrippa 271
The cake was made by Scruffy and it was... a rude shape. - Liam
monkey in a suit on a cycle - Scenter102 describing Scruffy
posted 20 September 2010 20:25 EDT (US)     13 / 57  
hiya i'll add some ideas and do research i enjoy reading about this stuff anyway i might as well put it to use. im not very good on a computer but i'll help however.
posted 21 September 2010 12:26 EDT (US)     14 / 57  
Welcome to the team.

posted 29 September 2010 21:21 EDT (US)     15 / 57  
i can do faction symbols
posted 29 September 2010 22:30 EDT (US)     16 / 57  
And quite good ones, too! Welcome to the team, cazaron!

posted 30 September 2010 04:46 EDT (US)     17 / 57  
i can do faction symbols
aye, very good ones

"The difficulty is not so great to die for a friend, as to find a friend worth dying for." -Homer
"You see, this is what happens when you don't follow instructions, GKA..." -Edorix
Guild of the Skalds, Order of the Silver Quill, Apprentice Storyteller
Battle of Ilipa, 206BC - XI TWH Egil Skallagrimson Award

The word dyslexia was invented by Nazis to piss off kids with dyslexia.
posted 30 September 2010 10:39 EDT (US)     18 / 57  
I will come up with ideas for buildings and other similar things. I'll leave the factions for the history gurus.

But just so you know I've never played BI so I'm a bit lost. I ordered it from amazon a few days ago so I'll start playing it soon then I can come up with ideas.

[This message has been edited by Liam_the_Spartan (edited 10-11-2010 @ 03:01 AM).]

posted 09 October 2010 02:10 EDT (US)     19 / 57  
Needs an update - MinR signed up for "2D art"

"The difficulty is not so great to die for a friend, as to find a friend worth dying for." -Homer
"You see, this is what happens when you don't follow instructions, GKA..." -Edorix

posted 17 October 2010 10:49 EDT (US)     20 / 57  
I'll help beta-testing in six months but until then I'll throw in everything I know that might help (won't be a lot though).

Conclusions are the point where you got tired of thinking.
posted 17 October 2010 12:45 EDT (US)     21 / 57  
Sounds good. Welcome to the team!

posted 10 November 2010 10:15 EDT (US)     22 / 57  
I can help with ideas and stuff, like history and the like. And I will tone down comedic suggestions.
ATM I'm studying the Roman occupation of Britain and the impact they left on British culture and modern day religions, and the relative importance of Deva and Eboracum. My theory was that at one point during the occupation deva was more important, economically, politically, militarily or something. It doesn't seem to be true.
posted 14 November 2010 00:15 EDT (US)     23 / 57  
Welcome to the team, Feudal. Sorry about the tone earlier

Anyway, may I suggest something of an incentive scheme to bolster the resolve of current and future contributors?

The idea is simple. We could make easter eggs like retinue members, traits, buildings, family names, or in some cases - completely ahistorical settlement names, like Campus Colinius

(Wanna slap me down or throw me in the air?)

posted 14 November 2010 08:30 EDT (US)     24 / 57  
How about in one settlement, instead of a normal inn or tavern, there's the Red Lion tavern? In timbuktu or Hyperboria or somewhere obscure. It could give greater public order/special units
posted 14 November 2010 09:54 EDT (US)     25 / 57  
Maybe we should have a Baths available to the barbarian factions- lowers public order, but increases population bonuses and health.

It gets upgraded to the Red Lion Tavern, which nullifies the public order penalty due to the presence of a Seraph or two. Armchair generals can be recruitable from the Red Lion Tavern, making it a viable option for barbarian players.

The oldies in the crowd will know to what I refer.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
posted 14 November 2010 09:58 EDT (US)     26 / 57  
Two new categories opened:

Basic Coding- text files and the like.

Texts and Descriptions- unit and building descriptions, faction intros, traits and ancillaries, etc. Anything with words.

posted 16 November 2010 16:56 EDT (US)     27 / 57  
May I please sign up for research? It would make me feel important.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Cattle die, kinsmen die, the self must also die. I know one thing that never dies: the fate of the honored dead. Hávamál, Gestaþáttr, #77.
posted 17 November 2010 01:26 EDT (US)     28 / 57  
Updated. Welcome to the team.

posted 17 November 2010 07:32 EDT (US)     29 / 57  
I install and repair soda and beer systems by trade but I do HTML design for a side business and when I'm not doing any of that or Muay Thai I'm reading books on Rome and Greece. I really would love to see this mod willing to help with research, boring text fixes or I can learn about programming a mod. Just let me know if there is anything I can do
posted 17 November 2010 07:59 EDT (US)     30 / 57  
Welcome to the team, and to our Forums in general.

posted 22 November 2010 17:48 EDT (US)     31 / 57  
thank you on both notes
posted 25 November 2010 23:14 EDT (US)     32 / 57  
I'll go for ideas, i know my history pretty well and am pissed off when games suck (jk) I can draw pretty well but my scanners broken, i'll tell you if it works again.
posted 26 November 2010 02:05 EDT (US)     33 / 57  
Welcome to our hallowed halls, eth.

posted 26 November 2010 12:42 EDT (US)     34 / 57  
I could help a bit with the basic coding and the text and descriptions I have experience in modding but I haven't done any for over a year and I'm not sure how much I'll be able to do.

My Gondor hotseat campaign. Please Help!

Under the White Tree A Gondor short story on the fall of Minas Tirith.
posted 27 November 2010 07:53 EDT (US)     35 / 57  
Good to see you again Matt. Welcome to the team.

posted 27 November 2010 08:20 EDT (US)     36 / 57  
Thanks, now I just need to relearn everything that I already knew about modding.

[EDIT]
I'm just wondering, has any work started on the mod or is it still in the planning stages?

My Gondor hotseat campaign. Please Help!

Under the White Tree A Gondor short story on the fall of Minas Tirith.

[This message has been edited by matt will (edited 11-27-2010 @ 08:26 AM).]

posted 27 November 2010 10:21 EDT (US)     37 / 57  
Still in the planning stages. An optimistic estimate a few months back hoped we might have started work by January, but I wouldn't expect any work to actually start until late Spring.

posted 27 November 2010 20:26 EDT (US)     38 / 57  
That's probably true (and sad), but we'll get it done.

posted 06 December 2010 17:48 EDT (US)     39 / 57  
I've been wanting to do a mod like this for this time-frame for sometime and now might just be the right time. I specialize in Dark Age history and know the basics about modding but there's always more to learn so if there's still room for me I'd be more than happy to contribute to the team.

"Whosoever chooses to deny their past can not expect to find a future" - Old Hungarian Proverb
posted 08 December 2010 03:26 EDT (US)     40 / 57  
Welcome aboard, Dark Attila.

posted 18 January 2011 18:50 EDT (US)     41 / 57  
Since we're hopefully nearing the home run, I figure I'd best advertise the fact that I'm very much available both in basic mapping but also in coding in whatever form, and text work. Rudimentary 2D art too, I guess (faction maps and the like)

PROCRASTINATE NOT · JAMAIS ARRIERE
posted 21 January 2011 22:46 EDT (US)     42 / 57  
You know we love you for that, don't you Drak? *purrrrr*

EDIT:
Basic 2D Art
Mythic_Commodore
Edorix
Drakontos

3d Art
-

Mapping
-

Basic Mapping
Mythic_Commodore
Edorix
Drakontos

Basic Coding
Terikel Grayhair
Edorix
Matt Will
Dark Attila
Drakontos

Text and Descriptions
Terikel Grayhair
Edorix (if required)
Matt Will (if required)
Starting to look like a proper team, huh?

[This message has been edited by GeneralKickAss (edited 01-21-2011 @ 10:47 PM).]

posted 22 January 2011 04:55 EDT (US)     43 / 57  
What can I say, I guess I'm just immensely talented, big-hearted and, of course, very very modest about it all?

posted 27 January 2011 16:23 EDT (US)     44 / 57  
We are going to be quite limited if we can't find a good 3d artist or two... Maybe try recruiting at TWC? That way we can steal a few forumers in the process...

posted 27 January 2011 16:30 EDT (US)     45 / 57  
Modelling is beyond my scope (lack the programs) but skinning... well, I can work on it. I seem to have enough spare time to fit some work in - people don't really sleep over here.

And provided we ask permission, we can use models from other mods - that said, my personal preference is for models and skins which maintain that bright and happy vanilla look, not the dull realism many go for nowadays.

posted 27 January 2011 17:30 EDT (US)     46 / 57  
I'd rather do go with realistic. That's mostly a matter of opinion. We'll need to vote or something on that.
posted 27 January 2011 20:42 EDT (US)     47 / 57  
I suppose I have ideas, and I'll try help out with description writing, followed by grammar Nazi-ing other descriptions. Correct spelling and grammar adds a professional shine to a mod.

If we can't find any modellers, we can always steal a bunch of units from IB.

you like something both hardcore and whack
2009 RLT & ETWH Craziest Forummer Award!
I had to remove the excessive numbers of smilies I used á la VampiricCannibal so as not to inconvenience low bandwidth users too much... - Edorix

[This message has been edited by vampiric canniba (edited 01-27-2011 @ 08:50 PM).]

posted 28 January 2011 13:13 EDT (US)     48 / 57  
I'd be willing to give ideas if you want them
posted 31 March 2011 10:10 EDT (US)     49 / 57  
I'm officially in for Text & Descriptions - 'twas only a matter of time at the rate things are moving on.

posted 31 March 2011 13:08 EDT (US)     50 / 57  
Updated.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » Dark Ages: Roman Revival » Dark Ages: Roman Revival Development Team
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames