You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Land of Albion: Total War

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Druids: Faction Dicussion
posted 12 July 2011 18:51 EDT (US)   
This is the 'Papal States' faction, owning Ynis Mon, or Anglesey as it is called today. I think that they SHOULD be albe to excommunicate, but only rarely (perhaps if you build a Roman temple or a scribe school), they should act as more of a rallying force, especially when the Romans arrive. This is potentially the most important faction, as they key event is the Romans and clash of the 2 cultures. Issuing missions that undermine the Roman would be good, as well as setting the 2 at war automatically when they invade.

But I won't go to England due to the prescence of scruffy in shottingham. - Scenter102
This is Scruff we are talking about. I can't think of anything I don't see Scruff doing just for the hell of it. - Agrippa 271
The cake was made by Scruffy and it was... a rude shape. - Liam
monkey in a suit on a cycle - Scenter102 describing Scruffy
Replies:
posted 13 July 2011 03:29 EDT (US)     1 / 11  
Ynys Mon is what it is called today - in Wales. Back then it was "Inissi Mona".

I know that in M2TW the Papal States try to prevent Catholic factions going to war with each other unless one of them has irritated it. We definitely don't want that in LoA, hopefully it's a simple thing to change.

I expect the Druids will have a really unique unit selection... maybe this is the place you could slip in a few fantasy units? Head Hurlers and Hounds of Annwfn and Riders of the Sidhe for example...

posted 13 July 2011 10:58 EDT (US)     2 / 11  
That shouldn't be a problem. There won't be an 'inquisitor' agent, although there will be a priest unit 'druid'.

Yes, In the same vein that if we had Hibernia, we would have slipped in Cu Chullainn as a hero unit for the Ulster tribes (Cu Chullain was from Ulster).

We could have Taliesin and Branwen as family members for the Ordovices or the Silures as well

But I won't go to England due to the prescence of scruffy in shottingham. - Scenter102
This is Scruff we are talking about. I can't think of anything I don't see Scruff doing just for the hell of it. - Agrippa 271
posted 15 July 2011 10:41 EDT (US)     3 / 11  
If each faction has access to some kind of Druid unit, how about we make a "Super/Elite Druid" (Give it a cooler name), then they can recruit them but also give them out as prizes like when the senate gives you missions? We could make them really powerfull and it would make doing missions even more rewarding?

Do they have a "Pope" Head Druid?
posted 15 July 2011 10:57 EDT (US)     4 / 11  
I believe there were Chief Druids (dunno if they were called that, but the idea remains similar)

A wild edorix appears, about to correct me XD. seriously, that wolfish angel makes me look stupid and slow-witted

posted 24 July 2011 04:09 EDT (US)     5 / 11  
Nobody really knows, but there will need to be an Archdruid for a faction leader won't there? Even an Archdruid dynasty, for the family members. Not really accurate since the Chief Druid was elected by the other Druids according to Caesar, but I don't see an alternative.

Oh, and sorry. I don't think I do, I just make you look ignorant. Wisdom =/= knowledge.

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 07-24-2011 @ 04:11 AM).]

posted 28 July 2011 08:47 EDT (US)     6 / 11  
we can manipulate the Papal Elections code, and have higher Druids, like Cardinals, who vote.

I am not ignorant, I just lack an encyclopaedic knowledge

posted 24 August 2011 07:13 EDT (US)     7 / 11  
I haven't played med2 in a while, but do the papal states return if you destroy them?
posted 01 September 2011 04:32 EDT (US)     8 / 11  
Is the the "crusade" element gonna be used in some way?

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future"
posted 03 September 2011 08:28 EDT (US)     9 / 11  
It's unlikely, but hasn't been ruled out.

Out of interest, do you plan to help at all? We're looking for more people. check the personnel thread

posted 03 September 2011 10:21 EDT (US)     10 / 11  
I could possibly, though i'd have to dig out my m2tw discs...

Unfortunately my lappy plays it with a bit of lag, but i s'pose modding isn't out of the question.

What exactly are you looking for?

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future"
posted 04 September 2011 06:01 EDT (US)     11 / 11  
Anything and everything I should think.

I was wondering, maybe it would be worth waiting for Europa Barbarorum II to come out before we do any graphical work? Because if we ask nicely they'll probably let us borrow their fantastic and absolutely historically accurate unit skins...

Total War Heaven » Forums » Land of Albion: Total War » Druids: Faction Dicussion
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames