You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Website Comments & Announcements
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Recent website performance (or lack thereof)
posted 28 September 2011 07:16 EDT (US)   
You might have noticed that recently here have been several patches where the forums and front pages have been rather slow - or in the case of the front pages (e.g. medieval2.heavengames.com) not loading at all.

HG's tech people (mainly Zen I believe) identified several causes of these - the first patch of poor performance was a sustained attack on HG's servers, the second more recent one sounds like it was something going awry with a search engine polling the sites - and seem to have fixed things.

My apologies for not giving a more contemporaneous update (such as those over-keen chaps at AOM heaven no offence obviously); hopefully things will have a better patch of stable running.

If anyone feels like a bit of pantomime type action, a big 'huzzah' for the tech team for keeping things going and a big 'boo, hiss' for the muppets attacking the site would be quite welcome. Whether or not anyone is behind anyone else might be irrelevant though (other than timezones I guess). I digress slightly.
Replies:
posted 28 September 2011 10:09 EDT (US)     1 / 2  
The first was indeed an attack- four separate ones. The mutt behind it is in for a shock. He was identified, and the proper authorities notified.

Did you know that sort of attack violated American internet laws? I'll bet he didn't, and it shall cost him. (He lives in the United States.)

The second lapse in service was more discrete and less vicious. The Tech Team settled it for the most part, restoring service promptly.

I join with Swamprat in congratulating the Tech Team for a job well done, and a 'boo-hiss-throw the bum out' for the muppet.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
posted 28 September 2011 11:54 EDT (US)     2 / 2  
HURRAH!

BOO!
Total War Heaven » Forums » Website Comments & Announcements » Recent website performance (or lack thereof)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames