You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Game Modification & Editor Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Is it Possible?
posted 11 November 2004 14:44 EDT (US)   
Would it be possible to make a mod for blood in the game cos it would make it a lot more realistic?
Replies:
posted 11 November 2004 18:04 EDT (US)     1 / 11  
You can find one on twcenter.net (or .com, I forgot, I'm sorry)
posted 11 November 2004 19:07 EDT (US)     2 / 11  
Thank you very much
muchas gracias

Join the Citadel: Total War mod. A modification for Rome: Total War.
Citadel: Total War
Saranalos and Custer's game
I love my bowler hat!
posted 12 November 2004 12:30 EDT (US)     3 / 11  
It's .Net
posted 13 November 2004 09:00 EDT (US)     4 / 11  
slows the game down a bit though and there are still a few bugs like the arrows making big wooshing noises and trailing smoke but not actually in flames.

I love my bowler hat!
posted 13 November 2004 20:04 EDT (US)     5 / 11  
And there are no blood pools. I want the fields to be soaked with blood when two huge armies clash, goshdarnit.

-Simetrical

posted 13 November 2004 20:13 EDT (US)     6 / 11  
My guess is that would kill your computer, you could try adding the blood to the death animation for every unit... which would take a while.

posted 14 November 2004 01:09 EDT (US)     7 / 11  
Blood pools wouldn't remotely kill your computer. Sprites would be fine, animated to spread out and nothing else. The spray would be tougher for your computer to deal with, but it should normally produce a good bit less slowdown than flaming arrows (since usually, you don't have eighty people dying all at once).

Anyway, no offense to the mod's creator, but it seems like a rather quick-and-dirty job. Is there any practical way to add blood sprays and blood pools for every unit death? (Leave aside slowdowns; you only have to mod in the blood for one or two models to be able to test out performance in a custom battle, so you can revise accordingly. Also, I'd personally give up some of my graphics settings for good blood sprays. If I were a general, I'd be Bloody, if not Sanguinary.)

-Simetrical

posted 14 November 2004 08:25 EDT (US)     8 / 11  
you know, when the unit die, they change colour. That means that there's a death and liofe model. Alter the death model. I don't know where you could find it.
posted 14 November 2004 16:58 EDT (US)     9 / 11  
The blood mod does change dead unit models, at least if they die from projectiles. For some strange reason, the mod only works with projectiles.

-Simetrical

posted 14 November 2004 19:46 EDT (US)     10 / 11  
The mod only works with Projectiles beacause if every unit that died had blood pools your computer would lag a lot even with the lowest graphics.

I love my bowler hat!
posted 15 November 2004 20:56 EDT (US)     11 / 11  
Again, blood pools shouldn't cause huge lag no matter what. And changing corpses' skins doesn't require any extra processor activity whatsoever, since (AFAIK) the skins change anyway when a soldier dies.

-Simetrical

Total War Heaven » Forums » Game Modification & Editor Discussion » Is it Possible?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames