You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Game Modification & Editor Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: trade resources
posted 13 December 2007 16:43 EDT (US)   
could some show me how to add resources to a particular region? for example, how would you add purple dye resource to carthage.

"Me, im dishonest, and a dishonest
man you can always trust to be dishonest,
honestly, it's the honest ones you want to watch
out for, cause you can never predict when ther're going
to do something incredibly stupid." Jack Sparrow
Replies:
posted 13 December 2007 20:30 EDT (US)     1 / 5  
In your descr_regions.txt file, found in either data/world/maps/base or data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign search for this segment -
Africa
Carthage
carthage
Poeni
202 191 17
grain, timber, olive_oil, slaves, elephants, camels
This file tells you everything about the province of Africa.
The first line gives the internal mane of the province, which is not always the displayed name.
The second line is the internal name of the settlement in the province, in this case Carthage.
The third line is the name of the rebel tribe in the province.
The fourth line is the RGB value of the province - referenced in the map_regions.tga - anything in that file with this same RGB value is where the province physically is on the map.
The fifth line is the line you want. It lists all resources - trade or hidden in the province. Simply add
", purple_dye" to the end of the line.
The sixth line is the triumph point value - completely useless.
The seventh and last line is the base farming level of the region - increase the number and you increase the money this settlement make from farming.
Hope this helps and good luck!

EDIT: I'm sorry, I completely forgot a critical step. Before you do any of the above, start a campaign and see where you want the purple dye. Hover the cursor over that location and use the ` key (found in the upper left hand corner of most keyboards) to bring up the console. Type in show_cursorstat . In the reply the computer gives you, you should see two numbers, seperated by a comma. Write them down, as they are the x,y value of the particular place.
Next, in your data/world/maps/camapign/imperial_camapign folder, find the descr_strat.txt file. Open it and search for purple_dye. Copy the line and replace the values where you see a number, then a comma, then another number with your own values for x and y.

Cyclohexane - it's what's for dinner!

[This message has been edited by Mythic_Commodore (edited 12-13-2007 @ 08:37 PM).]

posted 13 December 2007 22:11 EDT (US)     2 / 5  
it worked, thanx Mythic Commodore.

"Me, im dishonest, and a dishonest
man you can always trust to be dishonest,
honestly, it's the honest ones you want to watch
out for, cause you can never predict when ther're going
to do something incredibly stupid." Jack Sparrow
posted 21 March 2008 18:31 EDT (US)     3 / 5  
I did not know about show_cursorstat. Excellent tip Commodore! I am adding it to the Cheat Codes page. It is certainly easier than opening the map file, flipping it upside down, and getting the coordinates from your editor.

Edit: Hmm, this belongs on the Helpful Modding Tools and Guides topic as well...

[This message has been edited by SubRosa (edited 03-21-2008 @ 06:38 PM).]

posted 22 March 2008 08:16 EDT (US)     4 / 5  
Thanks, Subrosa!

Cyclohexane - it's what's for dinner!
posted 22 March 2008 08:47 EDT (US)     5 / 5  
A small addition on what Mythic said: the resources set in descr_regions.txt affect the trade and/or training capabilities of the province, the ones in descr_strat.txt are the ones that show up on the map. They don't influence the province.

Hussarknight
Total War Heaven » Forums » Game Modification & Editor Discussion » trade resources
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames