You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Game Modification & Editor Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Using a memory editor to mod just about anything numerical
posted 07 June 2008 12:56 EDT (US)   
I guess it's sort of relevant to RTW, but it's nice to know how since it'll work in just about any game imaginable. Worst thing it could do is crash you to desktop, and even then that's only happened to me a handful of times in the years I've used it. This kind of program only lets you change the memory values on your own pc so it won't work online.

We'll use artmoney. The english is bad but it's easy to use.

http://www.artmoney.ru/

You can do more than just change numbers, but it's a hassle to find the exact address being used and unnecessarily complicated. We'll change how much money we have for simplicity.

[JPEG, (115.29 KB)]

I've got too much denarii here. We'll set it to something more manageable. First step is to set RTW as the process we want to search.

Hit Search and enter 114512, our amount of denarii. We're going to get more hits than we need. It's very common to get hundreds and even thousands of results.

We need to narrow our results with the Filter command, but first we need to change our original number. Putting a unit in the recruitment queue gives me the new amount of 114233. I'm going to use Filter to search my original results for this new number.

And I'll get two results. Double click each to move them to the right menu so we can change them.

Set it to whatever amount you like. In this case 25k is plenty, but you might prefer 500 million or whatever. I'm going to go the extra step and freeze each address so no matter what I build or train or how much I make in a turn it will always revert to 25k.

And that's it. My denarii will always be close to 25k for as long as I play in this sitting. Closing the program or in some games loading a new save means doing this again, but it's not a big deal.

Time to fight! Time to die! Time to win!
Replies:
posted 07 June 2008 17:24 EDT (US)     1 / 2  
posted 21 June 2008 00:49 EDT (US)     2 / 2  
Total War Heaven » Forums » Game Modification & Editor Discussion » Using a memory editor to mod just about anything numerical
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames