You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Game Modification & Editor Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Britannia Reborn
posted 28 November 2010 05:51 EDT (US)   

Warlords and warladies, welcome! "Pritanoi Reborn," a partial conversion modification for Rome - Total War, is finally here!

This mod started out in 2008 as a desire to make the Britons super-powered. It matured somewhat in 2009 and work actually started, but learning more about the Ancient Britons (and simply changing my mind about what I actually wanted to achieve) meant that it never got far off the ground. In the Summer of this year I really got to work on it, but lack of time, lack of direction and persistent problems with Vista slowed progress. It is only now that the first release of the complete mod is at last available for publication. Click here! (If you only want the units and not the other changes, click here!)

The mod includes a totally new (well, almost) unit roster for the Britons, tweaks to various other barbarian units, and several map changes to Britain. I don't want to describe everything in detail because that takes away the fun...

Here are some screenshots of a couple of trademark new units:

British Champions

British Chosen Slingers

If there are any errors, please post them here, or in the comments section at the download link. All and any feedback is appreciated - what do you like about the mod? What do not like? What do you want more of, or less of? Feel free to share any in-game experiences!

The luck of the wildcat be with you!

NB: If you are running Windows Vista or 7, this mod may not run correctly. This issue is being worked on.

My laptop is down, so work is suspended until further notice. Yes I will finish this!

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 02-10-2011 @ 12:15 PM).]

Replies:
posted 28 November 2010 14:30 EDT (US)     1 / 7  
Very, very nice. Much better than anything I will accomplish in my mod.

As for suggestions, maybe change up the, for lack of better term, antlers on the chests to a different one, as it looks, by the number of units with them, repetitive.

But it's only a small thing, overall marvelous work!

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
posted 28 November 2010 15:06 EDT (US)     2 / 7  
Thank you, but I'm sure you're mistaken on the second count. This is really only half-finished...

You're right about the tattoos, they are temporary. I found myself spending so much time on skinning that in the end I rushed it and made them all the same. I hope that in the next release every unit will have different tattoos. I also hope to completely reskin the Druids, but I'll need help with that. This is only the first release after all...

posted 29 November 2010 04:04 EDT (US)     3 / 7  
Very, very nice.
Seconded

Love the map changes. Chosen Slingers are a good idea. Barbarian Cav looks kick-ass in blue.

And upgrading Spain is always a rocking idea.

Good work!

"The difficulty is not so great to die for a friend, as to find a friend worth dying for." -Homer
"You see, this is what happens when you don't follow instructions, GKA..." -Edorix
Guild of the Skalds, Order of the Silver Quill, Apprentice Storyteller
Battle of Ilipa, 206BC - XI TWH Egil Skallagrimson Award

The word dyslexia was invented by Nazis to piss off kids with dyslexia.
posted 30 November 2010 04:04 EDT (US)     4 / 7  

Very nice mod.I get to play some unique barbarian units.

I love your Barbarian Cavalry.
There are like scary mounted knights killing people in a street.Heehee.Not bad.You also make a chariot for the barbarians.

Watch out for the
CarthaginianRomanGreekBarbarian
EasternEgyptian
GENERAL
posted 12 December 2010 07:25 EDT (US)     5 / 7  
Just wonderign if you can add this to the game with out affecting the modded units all ready there?
posted 12 December 2010 08:54 EDT (US)     6 / 7  
Not easily... I can try and help though, time-permitting...

posted 12 December 2010 14:48 EDT (US)     7 / 7  
ok doesnt seem to work on windows seven or vista must be an issue im willing to test things for you on this system if you want

i might learn a thing or two only spent the last few week getting really into modding and i hope to extend the boundaries of the map and learn about putting regions in maby at one point mod the game to such an extent i go through from the beggining of rome total war to 2012 and through whole of history in between the 2 dates that would be some project.
Total War Heaven » Forums » Game Modification & Editor Discussion » Britannia Reborn
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames