You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Greetings, and Announcement: SL is taking Applications.
posted 16 May 2005 10:38 EDT (US)   
Hi Most know me from WolfPack, but I was asked to Help Lead StormyLegions with Coldy, Sara, and Lord Ptolemy. First off: Hello to all my Old friends. Second: Please visit our Website. We are always looking for Great Players from the RTW community. I personally have been playing Tw's Series forever since the Shoggy days. This Clan has been running since TW-IV Game Days also. We only look for the Great players, so please if you feel you can bring something to our side of the Community; then feel free to place a Application. Also, to the Members of this forum, Greetings. I hope our clan, and this community continue to share a long lasting Relationship. Thank you or your Time and Patience.
StormyLegions
www.stormylegions.tk

Signed:

GW

Replies:
posted 16 May 2005 10:55 EDT (US)     1 / 6  
Errr... welcome. I'm sorry to tell you this, but, advertising is against the Code of Conduct you agreed to when you joined.

Quoted from Code of Conduct section 3:

Advertising

Please do NOT use any of our forums as an advertising medium for your own site or forums. Our staff doesn’t wander over to your site and spam it with adverts, so the same courtesy is expected in return. Linking to your site in your signature is ok as long as it is not accompanied by a slogan.

If you are affiliated with a site that is relevant to the Gaming community and would like to link to it as part of an on-topic discussion, please contact a moderator first and be upfront in your message about the fact that you are linking to your own site. We wish to keep our forums free of the spam generated by promotion teams, public-relation campaigns, and other traffic-hungry webmasters.

We will not tolerate new threads for every weekly update on your site, nor will we tolerate forumers who seem to use their accounts primarily to promote other sites. Anyone who joins and immediately puts up a glowing review/endorsement of the latest product/service that has a public relations program / promotion team, or a thread telling us how great their site is within their first few days of posting will be permanently banned instantly.

Secondly, what exactly is the point here? It seems to me you only came to advertise for your clan (or whatever it is). Again, this is against the Code of Conduct. A moderator will probably be around sometime to close this thread.

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
posted 16 May 2005 11:16 EDT (US)     2 / 6  
Although I agree that this is against the CoC, I think there should be somewhere for clans to advertise. Maybe adder could put this in the community section?

///scipio_africanus\\\
"Scipio rules. Nelson sucks." - Jax
"I have a shrine to Scipio in my closet."- Doitzel
"posting a link with no sort of comment or explanation is not something we readily condone in OD." - GillB
The Gamers' Manifesto|Welcome to HG!|The Sanatorium
Winner of the Order of Doitzel!
posted 16 May 2005 12:23 EDT (US)     3 / 6  
Age of Mythology heaven has it's Clan Exchange forum - a place where clans can recruit, challenge each other and talk about the noobs they have recently owned.

Oh and am sorry to say this but it is advertising.

Quoted from Code of Conduct:

Spamming

Unless a thread or forum is designated as an area ok for spamming, you may not spam. Spam includes, but is not limited to, the following:

* Excessive off-topic threads
* Posting nonsensical messages
* "Flooding" the forum with similar meaning messages
* Post-Count farming
* Inciting a forum war or riot
* Outwar-style links
* Blatant advertising
* Messages without content
* Fraudulent activity (Pyramid schemes, chain letters, etc.)
* Free-____ links (i.e. Free iPods, Free PSP, etc. etc.)

Advertising

Please do NOT use any of our forums as an advertising medium for your own site or forums. Our staff doesn’t wander over to your site and spam it with adverts, so the same courtesy is expected in return. Linking to your site in your signature is ok as long as it is not accompanied by a slogan.

If you are affiliated with a site that is relevant to the Gaming community and would like to link to it as part of an on-topic discussion, please contact a moderator first and be upfront in your message about the fact that you are linking to your own site. We wish to keep our forums free of the spam generated by promotion teams, public-relation campaigns, and other traffic-hungry webmasters.

We will not tolerate new threads for every weekly update on your site, nor will we tolerate forumers who seem to use their accounts primarily to promote other sites. Anyone who joins and immediately puts up a glowing review/endorsement of the latest product/service that has a public relations program / promotion team, or a thread telling us how great their site is within their first few days of posting will be permanently banned instantly.

If you wish to advertise on HeavenGames, please contact Scott Allred at sallred@heavengames.com .

It's advertising I know but I don't think it is that bad - I agree with scipio.

The Mighty Pharaoh AKA Jonathon Clark
"Gods...I hate Gauls...My grandfather hated them too...Even before they put out his eyes..."
posted 16 May 2005 12:36 EDT (US)     4 / 6  
I think I hear an echo in here.

I'm not a big fan of clans, but I don't see any harm in it. Maybe just a thread in the multiplayer forum? I don't know, but I could see it getting spammed to death...

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
posted 16 May 2005 13:41 EDT (US)     5 / 6  
I suppose a clan sticky would be a good idea. I'll post it in comments and announcements

///scipio_africanus\\\
"Scipio rules. Nelson sucks." - Jax
"I have a shrine to Scipio in my closet."- Doitzel
"posting a link with no sort of comment or explanation is not something we readily condone in OD." - GillB
The Gamers' Manifesto|Welcome to HG!|The Sanatorium
Winner of the Order of Doitzel!
posted 16 May 2005 15:49 EDT (US)     6 / 6  

Quoted from Quoted from Code of Conduct section 3:

Advertising

Although clan threads do not typically belong in this forum, I'll talk to Adder about possibly opening a clan forum.

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Greetings, and Announcement: SL is taking Applications.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames